^ Sounds like my weather

High today: 78
    High tomorrow: 57
    High Friday: 28

We're also under a winter storm watch. Welcome to the Corn Patch where you can experience all four seasons in one day.
    12-04-2013 09:02 AM
    Strange weather for me too. 50s until this weekend where they are saying we could get a frozen mix or snow or something. No one knows what's going to happen. Summer is only 6 months away!
    12-04-2013 10:16 AM
    Nasty 56 with fog/haze mix with drizzle all day.
    12-04-2013 11:30 AM
    Summer is only 6 months away!
    Don't remind me.

I'll gladly deal with the cold rather than the heat. I can stay more comfortable in 20 degree weather than I can when it's 105 outside at 9PM and the humidity level is nearing 80%.

It's the ice I can't stand. People in the Corn Patch can barely drive on a dry sunny day let alone an icy one.
    12-04-2013 12:35 PM
    Don't remind me.

I'll gladly deal with the cold rather than the heat. I can stay more comfortable in 20 degree weather than I can when it's 105 outside at 9PM and the humidity level is nearing 80%.

It's the ice I can't stand. People in the Corn Patch can barely drive on a dry sunny day let alone an icy one.
    That's about how it is for ~ 4-5 months straight around here. Temps rarely break 80 for the morning lows. Instant sweating soon as you step out the door for work in the mornings.

Ice is bad news in any part of the country. We're challenged here due to hilly terrain, and general lack of experience in driving in snowy conditions.
    12-04-2013 08:30 PM
    Nasty 56 with fog/haze mix with drizzle all day.
    Yeah, this morning was weird. I actually drove into the fog wall/layer about half way to work this morning. Had a hard time seeing vehicles with only fog lights on.
    12-04-2013 08:33 PM
    Cloudy and a bit windy.
    12-04-2013 11:34 PM
    Woo hoo! Ice storm warning for the Corn Patch. I bet you can't find a loaf of bread, toilet paper or a gallon of milk on the shelves anywhere in a 5 county radius.

I'm not coming to work tomorrow and I'm on vacation all next week.
    12-05-2013 10:58 AM
    Thursday night and Friday morning = sleet and light snow. Drove to work in 4 Wheel High.
    Saturday morning = mid 20s. By noon today it was 60+ and I'm wearing shorts.
    Sunday predicted to be in the 70s.
    Then another temperature dip with chance of more freezing rain/light snow by Monday/Tuesday.
    Crazy fluctuations.
    01-25-2014 10:17 PM
    Due to global warming, and the fact that warm air holds more moisture, thus creating snow, Kill Devil Hills, NC is in a 8-12 inch snow area from this latest winter storm. So remember, warm air causes snow.
    01-27-2014 07:49 PM
    Trapped in the house with the wife! We've been marathoning the show Damages (we never watched the last 2 seasons that were Netflix only), and we're making some home made chicken tortellini soup...life is good.

Snow is still steadily falling and the roads are all trashed and traffic is standing still every where and I'm laying here under a heated blanket...muahahaha...
    01-28-2014 04:49 PM
    The snow is coming down in Atlanta and south of Atlanta. It took me 3 hours just to drive 20 miles. It started at 12pm and it's steadily coming down. I'd hate to see rush hour traffic. I'm sorry for anyone stuck in that.

Weather-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1390945911.018034.jpg

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-28-2014 04:52 PM
    My mom left work at 12:30pm...she made it half way home about 30min. ago (last update I got from her is that she's not moving and she's about to pull over and sleep in her car at a Walmart). I'd try to help but the roads leaving Atlanta are completely blocked and clogged, and she's about 45min. away from me now, so yeah...freakin' sucks.
    01-28-2014 08:34 PM
    We got our second dose of global warming in Kill Devil Hills. About 8 inches and it's still coming down. Remember folks, global WARMING causes snow because warm air holds more moisture.
    01-29-2014 05:35 AM
    Cold as a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg.

But at least it didn't snow much. This is all we got in the Corn Patch thank goodness.

Weather-img_2659.jpg
    01-29-2014 10:42 AM
    Atlanta had a meltdown. Some **** poor planning for that city. I used to live there, and it's kinda embarassing to admit.
    01-30-2014 06:33 AM
    Atlanta had a meltdown. Some **** poor planning for that city. I used to live there, and it's kinda embarassing to admit.
    Same thing would happen here if it hit the Corn Patch. We have approximately two snow plows in the entire state and they're at the airport and the governor's mansion. We'd be straight up screwed if anything happened here.

My company is based in Georgia and they all had the day off yesterday and again today. Kinda weird seeing FLORIDA got snow and the Corn Patch didn't get anything.
    01-30-2014 09:07 AM
    The northern part of Florida, from Jacksonville to the Georgia border, does get snow from time to time. When it starts to snow in Sarasota, i'm heading for Key West.
    01-30-2014 09:58 AM
    An incompetent emergency planning committee, a mayor who is more concerned with public appeal than the safety of the residents, and a governor who likes to pretend that taking the blame is enough to make people forget about his own short comings in this situation.

Honestly, we are just experiencing the same kinds of useless leaders most cities have 24/7, ours just shine brightest during disasters because the world's eyes are on their idiocy...and it doesn't help that our state is never properly prepared for such a storm (because they so rarely happen)...it also sucks that so many businesses and schools failed to take the warnings seriously until it was too late Tuesday afternoon. I remember sitting in my living room Monday night and telling my wife "This is going to be bad, like 2011...let's go to the store tonight and hunker down for a couple of days. So glad we did.

Not sure why it would be embarrassing to admit you used to live here though...this is an amazing city filled with even more amazing people. I watched more humbling acts of kindness from the residents of this area in the last few days than I have seen in years. Southern hospitality waving it's hand and reminding everyone that it is still very much alive and well.
    01-30-2014 10:12 PM
    28th Street...that was the major problem...that's about 2" of solid ice...SOLID ice. A lot of it is still there, and it was 45 degrees today.

01-30-2014 10:20 PM
    ^ I'd be at home until the spring thaw.
    01-31-2014 01:07 PM
    Here we go again...lol.
    02-11-2014 11:16 AM
    How bad is it there now? It's heading my way. I'm in Kill Devil Hills, NC, the Outer Banks.
    02-11-2014 11:31 AM
    How bad is it there now? It's heading my way. I'm in Kill Devil Hills, NC, the Outer Banks.
    We've had primarily rain and sleet in midtown...but the rough stuff is coming tonight. My mom and my brother both live about 45min.-1hr north of me, and they are getting about 1" of snow per hour (my brother said they have about 4" right now), and the roads are already covered in ice.
    02-11-2014 01:18 PM
    It's coming down like a banshee here on the Outer Banks. I love it!
    02-11-2014 01:43 PM
63 123