if you want a bigger screen come into this thread

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
hey! I want one too. because its hard to read the tiny print with my bad eyes. I'm sick of squinting.

but I hear iOS7 will have something called dynamic print that will supposedly make all the print easy to read. this would negate the large screen issue for me. I just want to be able to read the device without squinting. if dynamic print fixes this, I'm a happy camper. I can't wait to try it.

So I'm curious. the rest of you wanting larger screens is it for readability like me or some other reason? if iOS 7 Dynamic print works well would you be satisfied? any of you who tried beta versions, have you tried dynamic print?

I look forward to your replies.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can see why that's very important to a good amount of users especially cause of the vision issue.

I'm a young buck though so the 4" screen is plenty for me and I've used 4.7" screens so when Apple does increase the screen size I'll be happy!

John for you what would be the sweet spot?

For me I would say 4.3" - 4.5".

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Reading, videos, games, what wouldn't be better on a slightlyargee screen?

I don't own an iPad or an iPad Mini.
If I did, I wouldn't carry it with me every day anyway.
I want to carry one device, I want it made by apple, and I want it bigger than the one I have.

I may never get it, but there are a lot of things I want that I'll never have.

***Cue the Anti-larger screen iPhone club in 4-3-2-1...***

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
John for you what would be the sweet spot?

For me I would say 4.3" - 4.5".
I don't know. I just know that if its bigger its easier to read. and for me readability trumps one handed use. I think 4.5-5 inches would probably be a good compromise though. apple is testing various sizes in the labs according to what I've read. can't wait to see what iphone 6 brings. in the meantime if dynamic print works, I'll be plenty happy.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my gs4 today to come back to iOS I liked the bigger screen but that's all everything else sucks can't wait for the iPhone to get at least a 4.5" screen

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The current 4" is right for length. It'll be good to add more width to the phone to make it a 4.3 or 4.5. That will be good. It's easier to surf the web with wider screen for sure.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A 4.5" screen would work for me, but I wouldn't want it any larger than that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(3979116)

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My dimming eyes would also like a larger screen. And my arthritic fingers need a bigger portrait keyboard! My trousers pocket is roomy enough to hold a much larger iphone, and the 5S is a disappointment.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
4.5 is about the right size. I don't have large hands and have trouble reaching the far corners so I use 2 hands most of the time anyway. 4" is great; 4.3"-4.5" would be...greater...

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I know that one-handed use is important for many, but seeing the popularity of phablets, it would appear that most people don't value one-handed as much as screen real estate. I enjoy being able to use my iPhone 5 one-handed, but that is not as important to me as having a larger screen. I am hoping the next iPhone will be at least 4.5" if not 5". But who am I kidding? I'm going to buy it regardless. lol

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems like 4.5 is the majority and I would have to go along with that. I truly would not anything larger than that.

nzrocketman

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've always said i'll upgrade to my first ever iphone once they get to around the 4.5". However I feel like a upgrade from my Lumia 920 so i'm thinking getting the 5s would be best, due to the fact it holds value a lot better so I can sell and get a larger screen iphone once release.

I'm really nervous of switching to apple though.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've always said i'll upgrade to my first ever iphone once they get to around the 4.5". However I feel like a upgrade from my Lumia 920 so i'm thinking getting the 5s would be best, due to the fact it holds value a lot better so I can sell and get a larger screen iphone once release.

I'm really nervous of switching to apple though.

Don't be it's such an awesome experience plus a seamless transition!

The pros far out way the cons IMO.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a programmer and I know IOS is a closed system, but I remember reading a couple years ago that some enterprising developers were running IOS on cheap Dell Netbooks and obviously their cost was cheaper than purchasing a regular Macbook.

Does anyone think it would be feasible, assuming the bootloader could be unlocked, that a modified version of IOS could be run on something like the Samsung Note 2 or 3?

Assuming it could and the software ran well, do you think people would use it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You might not get as many people posting because of the title. I don't want a bigger screen but if the iPhone went to a bigger screen I would buy it. Well within reason of course but knowing Apple that almost goes without saying. Apple always caters to the majority of the market. It's the reason us more tech inclined don't get some of the features we want. So it just makes sense that if they do a bigger screen it will be a size that caters to the majority of the market. Personally for me 4.5" is a great compromise because it is bigger than the current size but not hugemongous. However even a 5" iPhone would be acceptable for me. Anything bigger and I'd still buy it but only because iOS is my choice of platform.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox