What makes a good children's ebook?

InkySprat

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Parents and fans of children?s story teller and illustrator Wayne Anderson (Dragonology, The Flight of Dragons, A Mouses Tale), may be interested to know that his award winning book The Perfect Match is coming out on iPad.

We are particularly excited as it really makes the most of iBooks interactive format, in fact we think it is a little groundbreaking - just watch this space!

But in the meantime...

... we would love to hear about peoples experiences, good and bad, when choosing ebooks for their children. Whats are your favourite children?s ebooks, what works, what doesnt, how good a representation were they of their print versions etc?

What we believe is that ebooks should be complementary copies of their printed versions first and foremost, not apps with lots of distracting games, animation and sounds. In other words ebooks not apps or to put it another way again books not games.

This would really help us and other authors who read this to understand just what makes a good ebook!

We would love to hear from you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(snipped)
What we believe is that ebooks should be complementary copies of their printed versions first and foremost, not apps with lots of distracting games, animation and sounds. In other words ebooks not apps or to put it another way again books not games.

(snipped)

I agree with the above statement, but I also think that animation and sound can be complimentary. For example: Animating the page turn as seen in iBooks or making the sound of a page being turned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner