Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I recently started reading comics on my iPad and now my iPhone. I use the Comixology and Marvel apps even though the interface of both suck in certain aspects. I recently just got introduced to the DC Universe becuase I've pretty much been a Marvel guy. I've known about some DC characters like Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, Aqauman but I never had any of the comics or delved deeply into their storylines. Marvel on the other hand I have comics, know all abour my favorite characters etc. So now I've started reading the Blackest Night series and I'm getting pulled more and more into other storylines. So anyone else on here love comics? What apps do you use? what are your favorite characters, favorite character couples there is pretty much no limit to this thread lets just talk comics.

My favorite characters are Cyclops and Archangel from the XMen. My favorite comic couple is Scott Summers and Jean Grey. I love the Blackest Night series so far and it just makes me want to read more and more.

Thor versus Hulk who wins?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As a kid, even into my teens, I read comic book religiously. You name it, I probably read it. Knowing what I know now, I would have preserved them instead of discarding them. I may follow your lead and see if I can get back into them I mean, I do enjoy seeing the latest movies based on the comics I read so long ago. As for your question about Thor vs Hulk, I'm taking the Hulk every time...;)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah same here I have always loved comics still have some wrapped up and put away. I never really did get into them on iOS though until I tried out the Comixology app and although the apps suck I still enjoy the comics. Are you more a DC man or Marvel? I'm really enjoying getting into the DC stuff probably because it's so new to me but still enjoy my Marvel stuff too. I do wish the apps were better it would be a much better experience. I submitted some suggestions to the creators of the Marvel app and they responded but I doubt they will actually impliment anything. Really you choose Hulk? I love Hulk and he has the rage on his side and everything but unless he gets Thor away from the hammer I'm choosing Thor on this one. So who is the most powerful villain DC? Marvel? and I have to ask does anyone love Batman if you do why? I have never liked Batman I thought he was too arrogant. I like the fact that he doesn't have super powers or he isn't mutant, like Ironman, but something about his holier than thou attitude just rubs me the wrong way. Me my opinion of the most powerful villain DC - Darkseid and Marvel - Apocolypse.

Matchup
Wolverine vs Deadpool?
wolverine.jpg deadpool.png

Ron Hites

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
For the record the Hulk is the strongest there is. The madder he gets the stronger he gets, so as long as he keeps getting mad he'll get stronger and stronger. Take away Thors hammer and he won't stand a chance against the Hulk. Even with the hammer he's not going to win. Take a look at the video Hulk vs Thor. It was no contest...ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383988513.588057.jpg

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly hardcore when it comes to comics. I buy every Wednesday and still get the dead tree versions though I do use Comixology and subscribe to Marvel Unlimited.

I prefer indies to the Big Two (though X Men has been really good lately) and read a lot of stuff from Dynamite. I'm also devout in my collection of Transformers comics.

I used to prefer DC but I've been kind of burned on it ever since the reboot. I still like Earth 2 and it's related titles but I don't even follow Green Arrow and Birds of Prey anymore. They were my favorites before New 52.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah same here I have always loved comics still have some wrapped up and put away. I never really did get into them on iOS though until I tried out the Comixology app and although the apps suck I still enjoy the comics. Are you more a DC man or Marvel? I'm really enjoying getting into the DC stuff probably because it's so new to me but still enjoy my Marvel stuff too. I do wish the apps were better it would be a much better experience. I submitted some suggestions to the creators of the Marvel app and they responded but I doubt they will actually impliment anything. Really you choose Hulk? I love Hulk and he has the rage on his side and everything but unless he gets Thor away from the hammer I'm choosing Thor on this one. So who is the most powerful villain DC? Marvel? and I have to ask does anyone love Batman if you do why? I have never liked Batman I thought he was too arrogant. I like the fact that he doesn't have super powers or he isn't mutant, like Ironman, but something about his holier than thou attitude just rubs me the wrong way. Me my opinion of the most powerful villain DC - Darkseid and Marvel - Apocolypse.

Matchup
Wolverine vs Deadpool?
View attachment 34572 View attachment 34573

Most powerful villain in the DCU from a shear ability to cause chaos/destruction/etc has to be the Joker. No super powers but his insanity and unpredictable actions make him the biggest baddie on the block. Read "The Killing Joke" and you'll see why.

Batman is my favorite character in the comics. Arrogant, most definitely, but I think it comes from the character's origin and the fact that Gotham is such a cesspool it doesn't lend itself to a cheery attitude. In that respect I consider Gotham to be a critical character in the Batman universe. He needs that arrogance to keep his edge and continually fight a losing battle.

Plus, I love the way that he uses "it's easier to outsmart an opponent than to try and beat them" strategy.

The Dark Knight FTW!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods