There are so many companies manufacturing smartphone......as a consumer i get confused with this industry....just today i learnt that Kyocera have their own smart phones.....i guess i should expect one from Toyota soon....lol
    05-24-2013 06:57 AM
    Kyocera has had phones for many years.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-24-2013 04:24 PM
    L.G., a company that makes nice kitchen appliances, also makes the Google Nexus 4. Maybe you can charge it in the microwave? HaHa.
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-24-2013 06:11 PM
    Everyone seems to want to tip their way into the smartphone market. Nothing wrong with that, but it can go pretty badly, for some.
    05-25-2013 01:55 AM
    Everyone seems to want to tip their way into the smartphone market. Nothing wrong with that, but it can go pretty badly, for some.
    Well, years ago i took the LG Shine( does anyone remember that slider phone?), for a one week test drive, courtesy of a friend at AT&T. What a piece of garbage!! The second or third time that i slid the front up, it slid right off the track. Kept it two days, then returned it. LG has come a long way since then. Maybe new companies getting into the cellphone market is a good thing. Technology should always be moving forward.
    05-25-2013 10:18 AM
    Did you know that Samsung makes not only smartphones, but also lots of things
    Watch video
    grunt0300 likes this.
    05-27-2013 05:19 AM
    Watch video
    Hence Best Buy going with the Samsung Experience centers in stores. I'd expect to see their forthcoming Smart refrigerators and washing machines to soon have Bluetooth or WiFi to talk to our phones, with applications to automatically refresh the grocery list, or alerts for when the dryer has stopped or gone out if balance.

I know I've seen Apple have a host of peripheral utilities and functions for a while, now. I know BlackBerry is shooting for a seriously interconnected car/smartphone interface. Our world is changing at an incredible pace. I know that I've blown the minds of friends with the variety of things I do with smartphones.
    05-31-2013 09:47 AM
    I agree there are a lot of manufacturers of smart phones. I tend to follow the stuff here in the USA, but there are so many throughout the world. I bet in the next 5-10 years more will be popping up in the emerging markets.

The Mobile Industry is growing very rapidly, but for me it is very exciting to see.
    05-31-2013 06:07 PM
    I guess this is my discovery of the day
    L.G., a company that makes nice kitchen appliances, also makes the Google Nexus 4. Maybe you can charge it in the microwave? HaHa.
    hehehehhehehehe.......now thats funny
    Watch video
    You know i think companies should just concentrate on one particular product and perfect....like i only trust sony for HIFI systems.......and i get really skeptical with anything else they have to offer
    06-08-2013 07:43 AM
    We can thank Android in part, for this explosion of smartphones.
    06-08-2013 12:49 PM
    I think that is in order......android offered a change from IOS and had the backing of one of the largest company in the world
    06-13-2013 11:12 AM
    But a lot of the cheaper smartphones nowadays have a type of android on it. There is a lot of companies that put android on their phones.
    06-15-2013 05:15 AM
    (Whoops!)
    06-21-2013 01:08 PM
    Exactly. Sometimes, change is good. However, we should always have alternatives.
    06-22-2013 10:43 AM
    But a lot of the cheaper smartphones nowadays have a type of android on it. There is a lot of companies that put android on their phones.
    I like the cheap part....atleast it gives me a chance to experience android with minimum damage to my pocket
    06-23-2013 07:46 AM
    I like the cheap part....atleast it gives me a chance to experience android with minimum damage to my pocket
    Very true. But you're not going to get the newest OS with those 50 dollar price tags.
    06-23-2013 04:14 PM
    True, but you're getting the lowest form of the "android experience". Who would go out now, and get an iPhone3, then claim that they know all about the "iPhone experience". Most carriers give you two weeks or thirty days to try out a new phone. I say, get the top of the line, iPhone, Android, BB, or whatever. That will give you the true experience. Hey, if you don't like it, then return it.
    06-24-2013 09:41 AM
    Very true. But you're not going to get the newest OS with those 50 dollar price tags.
    True, but you're getting the lowest form of the "android experience". Who would go out now, and get an iPhone3, then claim that they know all about the "iPhone experience". Most carriers give you two weeks or thirty days to try out a new phone. I say, get the top of the line, iPhone, Android, BB, or whatever. That will give you the true experience. Hey, if you don't like it, then return it.
    Now that's definitely something to ponder on......
    Last edited by phoneguru9; 06-30-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    06-29-2013 10:50 AM