So many smart phones in the market

phoneguru9

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
There are so many companies manufacturing smartphone......as a consumer i get confused with this industry....just today i learnt that Kyocera have their own smart phones.....i guess i should expect one from Toyota soon....lol

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone seems to want to tip their way into the smartphone market. Nothing wrong with that, but it can go pretty badly, for some.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems to want to tip their way into the smartphone market. Nothing wrong with that, but it can go pretty badly, for some.

Well, years ago i took the LG Shine( does anyone remember that slider phone?), for a one week test drive, courtesy of a friend at AT&T. What a piece of garbage!! The second or third time that i slid the front up, it slid right off the track. Kept it two days, then returned it. LG has come a long way since then. Maybe new companies getting into the cellphone market is a good thing. Technology should always be moving forward.:p

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you know that Samsung makes not only smartphones, but also lots of things
Watch video
History of Samsung - YouTube

Hence Best Buy going with the Samsung Experience centers in stores. I'd expect to see their forthcoming Smart refrigerators and washing machines to soon have Bluetooth or WiFi to talk to our phones, with applications to automatically refresh the grocery list, or alerts for when the dryer has stopped or gone out if balance.

I know I've seen Apple have a host of peripheral utilities and functions for a while, now. I know BlackBerry is shooting for a seriously interconnected car/smartphone interface. Our world is changing at an incredible pace. I know that I've blown the minds of friends with the variety of things I do with smartphones.

Sn1p3rOG

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree there are a lot of manufacturers of smart phones. I tend to follow the stuff here in the USA, but there are so many throughout the world. I bet in the next 5-10 years more will be popping up in the emerging markets.

The Mobile Industry is growing very rapidly, but for me it is very exciting to see.

phoneguru9

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Kyocera has had phones for many years.
I guess this is my discovery of the day
L.G., a company that makes nice kitchen appliances, also makes the Google Nexus 4. Maybe you can charge it in the microwave? HaHa.:p
hehehehhehehehe.......now thats funny

Did you know that Samsung makes not only smartphones, but also lots of things
Watch video
History of Samsung - YouTube
You know i think companies should just concentrate on one particular product and perfect....like i only trust sony for HIFI systems.......and i get really skeptical with anything else they have to offer

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
But a lot of the cheaper smartphones nowadays have a type of android on it. There is a lot of companies that put android on their phones.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the cheap part....atleast it gives me a chance to experience android with minimum damage to my pocket

True, but you're getting the lowest form of the "android experience". Who would go out now, and get an iPhone3, then claim that they know all about the "iPhone experience". Most carriers give you two weeks or thirty days to try out a new phone. I say, get the top of the line, iPhone, Android, BB, or whatever. That will give you the true experience. Hey, if you don't like it, then return it.:p

phoneguru9

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Very true. But you're not going to get the newest OS with those 50 dollar price tags.

True, but you're getting the lowest form of the "android experience". Who would go out now, and get an iPhone3, then claim that they know all about the "iPhone experience". Most carriers give you two weeks or thirty days to try out a new phone. I say, get the top of the line, iPhone, Android, BB, or whatever. That will give you the true experience. Hey, if you don't like it, then return it.:p

Now that's definitely something to ponder on......

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW