The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well it could have been warm today. It could have been seasonably in the high 30s even.
But NO!!!!!! On the day that I'm off to meet the puppies and see who the prospective Emma will be, it's like this.
View attachment 77454
And I'm off to just two miles from the border with Pennsylvania. So it's going to be BRUTAL. LUCKILY the driveway to the breeder's place goes right to the house. So it will be a quick dash from the house to the car then from the car to her house then back again.
The puppies all live in the house (they're whelped and raised in her basement which is where she's got closed circuit TV so no one bothers the puppies and mom but she can keep an eye on everything) and the "meet and greet" will be in her puppy proof extra bedroom. I've been there before when I met Max and his litter mates and when I picked him up.
She's a phenomenal breeder and her pups are amazing. Emma's parents are both American confirmation champions and they also have titles as gun dogs. Just like Max.
I wanted a puppy from Max's sister litter that is due in March but the waiting list for a female is just too long and I'm afraid my border collie won't be around much longer, leaving Max alone.
Emma's parents both have animal assisted therapy certified dogs in their lines so I know the temperament for that kind of work is there. Her dam's sister is a favourite at the local autistic children's center where she visits. So I'm very happy to be in place for the litter. Once I put down my deposit today I'm locked in for a puppy.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well it could have been warm today. It could have been seasonably in the high 30s even.
But NO!!!!!! On the day that I'm off to meet the puppies and see who the prospective Emma will be, it's like this.
View attachment 77454
And I'm off to just two miles from the border with Pennsylvania. So it's going to be BRUTAL. LUCKILY the driveway to the breeder's place goes right to the house. So it will be a quick dash from the house to the car then from the car to her house then back again.
The puppies all live in the house (they're whelped and raised in her basement which is where she's got closed circuit TV so no one bothers the puppies and mom but she can keep an eye on everything) and the "meet and greet" will be in her puppy proof extra bedroom. I've been there before when I met Max and his litter mates and when I picked him up.
She's a phenomenal breeder and her pups are amazing. Emma's parents are both American confirmation champions and they also have titles as gun dogs. Just like Max.
I wanted a puppy from Max's sister litter that is due in March but the waiting list for a female is just too long and I'm afraid my border collie won't be around much longer, leaving Max alone.
Emma's parents both have animal assisted therapy certified dogs in their lines so I know the temperament for that kind of work is there. Her dam's sister is a favourite at the local autistic children's center where she visits. So I'm very happy to be in place for the litter. Once I put down my deposit today I'm locked in for a puppy.

I expect to see LOTS of puppy pictures today! When can you take her home?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So I've got tights, socks, wool knee highs over those, my Uggs boots, jeans, ski thin tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, Irish wool Aran sweater, gloves, scarf, ski cap, chalet down long coat. You think that's enough?????

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I expect to see LOTS of puppy pictures today! When can you take her home?

Not until mid March. I like to bring them home at nine weeks. Gives her plenty of time learning about doggy rules and doggy manners at home with mamma and brothers and sisters. AND the extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've got tights, socks, wool knee highs over those, my Uggs boots, jeans, ski thin tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, Irish wool Aran sweater, gloves, scarf, ski cap, chalet down long coat. You think that's enough?????

I hope that's enough! LOL

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
This storm missed us with the snow but we got the wind and the bitter cold. Going to donate blood today since there is a shortage of my type due to all the storms. Hope everyone has a great day today. :)

Lucky missing the snow, still coming down hard, hear the cold snap to follow at the end of the storm.
It's great you giving blood, it is very much needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
4dec4aff1d3d8e9cebc148b7b95a7917.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I remember one of my friends wanted a puppy but had to wait until spring to get one. The breeder scheduled breeding so that the puppies wouldn't be born and ready to go to new homes until the weather was warmer.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember one of my friends wanted a puppy but had to wait until spring to get one. The breeder scheduled breeding so that the puppies wouldn't be born and ready to go to new homes until the weather was warmer.

Yah I hope it's warmer midMarch!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative