The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon Jag and Jake!

Hey Prince!

I hope you're well Jake.

Thank you. I'm not actively sick or anything, but the stone pain has gotten to the point where I need to be put on Dilaudid again, so that's all the appointment's for. The largest stone was, as of a few months ago, 8.75mm and the largest you can typically pass is 5mm. However, I've passed stones over 7mm before so it's possible that it could come out. Doubtful, but possible. And then the large majority of the other 20+ are under 5mm. Furthermore, there are four more in my left kidney but they never really cause much of a problem. They're much better behaved.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Prince!

Thank you. I'm not actively sick or anything, but the stone pain has gotten to the point where I need to be put on Dilaudid again, so that's all the appointment's for. The largest stone was, as of a few months ago, 8.75mm and the largest you can typically pass is 5mm. However, I've passed stones over 7mm before so it's possible that it could come out. Doubtful, but possible. And then the large majority of the other 20+ are under 5mm. Furthermore, there are four more in my left kidney but they never really cause much of a problem. They're much better behaved.

I hope the new medication helps you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Prince. It does, it's the same medication that I was given when I had my one inch stone and it's what they give me (via IV) when I have to go to the hospital for pain.
That is also pretty powerful. I have taken that through 2 knee and an ankle surgery and that stuff knocks me out. Please be careful with it and I hope you don't have to have any surgery to get it removed, it is so big. Good luck.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Prince!

Ouch! I hope you'll be feeling better soon Jake. 😊

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good Afternoon Jake, Jag and Pr1nce. Enjoy the day

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Thanks Spencer! You do the same!

That is also pretty powerful. I have taken that through 2 knee and an ankle surgery and that stuff knocks me out. Please be careful with it and I hope you don't have to have any surgery to get it removed, it is so big. Good luck.

Powerful and very effective. As long as they don't cut it out of my back again, I'm totally fine with surgery. I've had over 20 and most have been Lithotripsies, so I don't really mind them. It's the cutting out through my muscle and sewing up my kidney only to leave me with a gaping hole in my back to drain out of that I take issue with.

Ouch! I hope you'll be feeling better soon Jake. ��

Thanks, Laura! I'll be okay. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Spencer! You do the same!

Powerful and very effective. As long as they don't cut it out of my back again, I'm totally fine with surgery. I've had over 20 and most have been Lithotripsies, so I don't really mind them. It's the cutting out through my muscle and sewing up my kidney only to leave me with a gaping hole in my back to drain out of that I take issue with.

Thanks, Laura! I'll be okay. :)

Well Jake all I can say if something like that and your outlook is the way it is I give you a lot of credit for going thru it by taking a powerful pain pill and I know from experience that if taken as needed for pain they do work. They did for me too. Trouble Is Drs. Give it to you and take it away not realizing how much that can hurt you.
My gf is a registered physician asst. as well as a registered operating room tech who works for a very large orthopedic firm and works for one particular surgeon as his asst. in the office and OR and she tells me how much these post surgery patients keep coming back for more pain meds because now they have to keep using them.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Good evening all. Hope all of you are having a good evening.
BTW Taz has been AWOL. Wonder and hope everything is ok with him. You know pr1nce?

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods