The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Good evening Taz and 50kers! Getting ready to have dinner. Brats, grilled chicken, potatoes, homemade cole slaw and homemade ice cream for dessert. Yum!

sounds good, for early Fathers day dinner, my wife wife made me some baked stuffed lobster with steamers, baked potatoes and coleslaw, still stuffed.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
None for me either. I might pull out a good Blu Ray and watch a good movie like one on the Pirates of e Carr ea. or at e a. Oldie. It great one wit Louis Gossett Jr called Iron Eagle? Remember it.

Iron eagle is a great movie have to say wasn't to crazy about the second one though.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Iron eagle is a great movie have to say wasn't to crazy about the second one though.

And I would agree with that. Liked it but nearly as the first. Hope you had a good day today.
Tomorrow I have to go to the store you and I own lol and buy a new modem. Don't have to but Comcast-Xfinity says my Motorola Surfboard because it works flawless at high speed but 12 years old I need a new one to take advantage of their stuff. Yeh right so I am going to get their newest model but same one. Rated the best and now they online price match. I Show them Amazon selling it 17.00 less and They match on the spot.

Last edited:

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
And I would agree with that. Liked it but nearly as the first. Hope you had a god day today.
Tomorrow I have to go to the store you and I own lol and buy a new modem. Don't have to but Comcast-xfinity says my Motorola Surfboard because it works flawless at high speed but 12 years old I need a new one to take advantage of their stuff. Yeh right so I am f going to get their newts model but same one. Rated the best and. Ow tney online price arch so I CS. Show them A Amon selling it 17.00 less and They match on the spot.
Comcast has excuses for everything, one of the reasons I drop them and went to direct tv. But any reason to go to BestBuy is a good one for me.lol.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Comcast has excuses for everything, one of the reasons I drop them and went to direct tv. But any reason to go to BestBuy is a good one for me.lol.

I just ran a speed test on my current modem and I have 25 Mbps which is the speed package I am getting from comcast. I ran it on theirs and an independent speed test.net and both were spot,on and actually about 2-3 Mbps over down speed. I don't care about upward. So I don't know why I need a new modem but I need to go to,the new standard they said called DOCSIS 3.0. If they match it to Amazon it would be $62.97. Think I should get it or let it slide just. Cease of the protocol and I am getting the speed I am suppose to be getting?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I just ran a speed test on my current modem and I have 25 Mbps which is the speed package I am getting from comcast. I ran it on theirs and an independent speed test.net and both were spot,on and actually about 2-3 Mbps over down speed. I don't care about upward. So I don't know why I need a new modem but I need to go to,the new standard they said called DOCSIS 3.0. If they match it to Amazon it would be $62.97. Think I should get it or let it slide just. Cease of the protocol and I am getting the speed I am suppose to be getting?

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade it, it's just a shame looks like it's holding together pretty good for what I think you said twelve years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't hurt to upgrade it, it's just a shame looks like it's holding together pretty good for what I think you said twelve years.

Yep exactly so I suppose I'll upgrade it tomorrow. It is rated as the highest and best modem based on the tests thet run and the fact that mine it still pushing that strong or if I get one from comcast they charge you $7.95 @ mo to rent. I would rather buy one I know works.

Watching The second Sherlock Holmes and then the The Blind Side. Both good movies.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep exactly so I suppose I'll upgrade it tomorrow. It is rated as the highest and best modem based on the tests thet run and the fact that mine it still pushing that strong or if I get one from comcast they charge you $7.95 @ mo to rent. I would rather buy one I know works.

Watching The second Sherlock Holmes and then the The Blind Side. Both good movies.

Exactly, I would to rather own it than have to pay them more, which Sherlock 1 or 2, their both good.