The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Wendy this morning I watched Good Morning America that I never watch because I go to work early but Santana was on and he said in all these years it is his first Latin album he has done and he is doing an 18 city tour with Rod Stewart.

Last edited:

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I kind of have grown fond of this guy since he has taken me up on my asking him to start joining our forum and he has become a regular steady here and everyone seems to like him so I thought I would post this and say congrats for a job well done and also for being a part of our forum Taz..

View attachment 56482

Hope the rest will join in and wish him the best as I have. Welcome to the family Buddy and friend.:biggrin:

Thanks Jag for bringing this to our attention:)! I will join in and agree that it's been great having Taz a part of the 50k family :)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Phew. Long trip (to Best Buy Mobile, located in the mall) but I got my Galaxy S5 exchanged. There were two people ahead of me and only one employee and it took quite a while. Once it was my turn though, I showed the guy the knick on the camera bezel and he remembered me from the other day (he didn't wait on me, though, but he was in the store) but was hesitant because he said they have no way of knowing that it came out of the box like that. I understand that policy, but as I told him, if they're going to go that route when there's a problem then they also need to have an iron-clad rule about unboxing the phones themselves or letting the customer know that by leaving with the sealed phone that they're willingly risking the possibility that the phone could be damaged. So as he was tying up loose ends with the last customer (transferring their contacts), he looked back at me and said, "Oh what the hell, I didn't see anything," which made me happy. I think it was the reasonable thing to do so he went and got me a new S5. Then after going through the activation process, he carefully inspected the new phone only to find that the bottom left frontal side of the chrome bezel looked like it had been in a cat fight with a weed-whacker. He couldn't believe it and I told him that it was God's way of telling him that I was telling the truth. :D The next one he whipped out, though, was absolutely perfect. It functions properly and all the buttons have great tactile feedback. So, needless to say, I'm now a very happy camper.

P.S. I also picked up a Zagg Glass screen-protector for it since I love the one on my iPhone so much. :yes:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Phew. Long trip (to Best Buy Mobile, located in the mall) but I got my Galaxy S5 exchanged. There were two people ahead of me and only one employee and it took quite a while. Once it was my turn though, I showed the guy the knick on the camera bezel and he remembered me from the other day (he didn't wait on me, though, but he was in the store) but was hesitant because he said they have no way of knowing that it came out of the box like that. I understand that policy, but as I told him, if they're going to go that route when there's a problem then they also need to have an iron-clad rule about unboxing the phones themselves or letting the customer know that by leaving with the sealed phone that they're willingly risking the possibility that the phone could be damaged. So as he was tying up loose ends with the last customer (transferring their contacts), he looked back at me and said, "Oh what the hell, I didn't see anything," which made me happy. I think it was the reasonable thing to do so he went and got me a new S5. Then after going through the activation process, he carefully inspected the new phone only to find that the bottom left frontal side of the chrome bezel looked like it had been in a cat fight with a weed-whacker. He couldn't believe it and I told him that it was God's way of telling him that I was telling the truth. :D The next one he whipped out, though, was absolutely perfect. It functions properly and all the buttons have great tactile feedback. So, needless to say, I'm now a very happy camper.

P.S. I also picked up a Zagg Glass screen-protector for it since I love the one on my iPhone so much. :yes:

Congrats on your new replacement S5!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Wow Jake I hope you had a supply of Jelly Bellys with you:)
Glad your perseverance paid off and you came home with a shiny new phone.