The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Looks like dinner parties all around :)
Having one at my house tonight and you all will love this...it's outdoors hahahaha do if you didn't think I was crazy before you do now...I did get 6 patio heaters.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Looks like dinner parties all around :)
Having one at my house tonight and you all will love this...it's outdoors hahahaha do if you didn't think I was crazy before you do now...I did get 6 patio heaters.

Really outside!! All is can say is Wow, they must be monster heaters. I can see it now. All the other neighbors lights will be flickering, due to lack of power. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I want a few of those propane heaters for the driveway hangouts over the winter. Those and a raised fire pit.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Squatzilla did chain squats and chain dead-lifts today...

I am in some bad leg shape right now. I will guarantee tomorrow and Sunday I wont be able to move... AWESOME!!! :)

IMG_3346_20131213_061307.JPG

Why chains you ask? They are for adaptive resistance. At the bottom of the squat a good portion of the chains are on the floor so the weight is reduced. As you lift the bar the chains come off the ground to increase the weight. It also makes the bar less stable forcing the core stabilizers to trigger. All around good stuff!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Squatzilla did chain squats and chain dead-lifts today...

I am in some bad leg shape right now. I will guarantee tomorrow and Sunday I wont be able to move... AWESOME!!! :)

View attachment 44335

Why chains you ask? They are for adaptive resistance. At the bottom of the squat a good portion of the chains are on the floor so the weight is reduced. As you lift the bar the chains come off the ground to increase the weight. It also makes the bar less stable forcing the core stabilizers to trigger. All around good stuff!!!

now that's some serious stuff. I haven't been pushing myself as hard at the gym but re-dedicated myself yesterday. I pushed my core to fatigue :0) It hurts to even laugh today lol

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

My crazy *** week continues. Along with my usual IT and software/hardware helpdesk duties. Today I have backed up 3 computers, completed the Win 8.1 upgrade on one from yesterday. Then I started the Win 8.1 upgrade on the 3 I backed up. I restarted a Win 7 machine that had 60 updates so I had to find a spare machine for the user while the updates were being done. I am doing all of this at the same time along with requests for laser pointers, printer jams, email issues and software crashes. I didn't even notice it was noon and my day starts at 8. Help lol

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

My crazy *** week continues. Along with my usual IT and software/hardware helpdesk duties. Today I have backed up 3 computers, completed the Win 8.1 upgrade on one from yesterday. Then I started the Win 8.1 upgrade on the 3 I backed up. I restarted a Win 7 machine that had 60 updates so I had to find a spare machine for the user while the updates were being done. I am doing all of this at the same time along with requests for laser pointers, printer jams, email issues and software crashes. I didn't even notice it was noon and my day starts at 8. Help lol
Good luck with the upgrades. Those take FOREVER! I'm really surprised your company is already upgrading to 8.1. Most businesses are sticking to 7 for awhile. Then there are the businesses that still have to upgrade from XP before April.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I hate the cold anyway but the wind idwhat does me in especially when riding my bike and how the wind just goes right through you.

I know exactly what you mean lol. It's the wind that is killer for me because it makes things so much colder.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Good luck with the upgrades. Those take FOREVER! I'm really surprised your company is already upgrading to 8.1. Most businesses are sticking to 7 for awhile. Then there are the businesses that still have to upgrade from XP before April.

I work at an Architecture firm so with the newest versions of the CAD software using older versions of Windows is not good. Plus we're on the cutting edge here which is why I love it I get to play with a lot of new toys when I set it up for the users. We get most of the Windows machines via Dell so the latest batch are all Win 8. We have 3 people with actual touchscreen PCs. I just finishing setting up our first Surface 2 Pro. The user is using it as a laptop replacement. Most of our Virtual Machines are running Win 8.

I also just got the best news for this crazy *** day. A user in our Marketing dept. is getting a new iMac. So the dual Xeon 16GB Mac Pro they use will be given to me. I'm the only other Mac user other than Marketing and they have all been upgraded to new iMacs. So next year I'll be leaving my laptop at home Wohoo!

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I work at an Architecture firm so with the newest versions of the CAD software using older versions of Windows is not good. Plus we're on the cutting edge here which is why I love it I get to play with a lot of new toys when I set it up for the users. We get most of the Windows machines via Dell so the latest batch are all Win 8. We have 3 people with actual touchscreen PCs. I just finishing setting up our first Surface 2 Pro. The user is using it as a laptop replacement. Most of our Virtual Machines are running Win 8.

I also just got the best news for this crazy *** day. A user in our Marketing dept. is getting a new iMac. So the dual Xeon 16GB Mac Pro they use will be given to me. I'm the only other Mac user other than Marketing and they have all been upgraded to new iMacs. So next year I'll be leaving my laptop at home Wohoo!

Sweet! I'd love to work there. :)

If I had my choice of company-issued device, I'd want a Surface Pro 2.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Sweet! I'd love to work there. :)

If I had my choice of company-issued device, I'd want a Surface Pro 2.

not me it was nice setting it up but afterwards setting it up for the new user ouch. It took me 30 minutes to do something that would usually take 10 minutes on a laptop. It kept freezing, dropping the network connection. When I finally got it all setup I was totally frustrated.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

not me it was nice setting it up but afterwards setting it up for the new user ouch. It took me 30 minutes to do something that would usually take 10 minutes on a laptop. It kept freezing, dropping the network connection. When I finally got it all setup I was totally frustrated.

Yikes! I didn't think Surface Pro 2 had those issues. I was under the impression that RT was and is laggy.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Yikes! I didn't think Surface Pro 2 had those issues. I was under the impression that RT was and is laggy.

It wasn't too bad during setup but when people expect a laptop replacement it puts a lot of expectations on it. I had to re-install the CS 6 twice because it stopped working Ughh I don't know the whole no compromise thing I don't think was a wise way to go. People using it at home for some browsing and using Office I think would be fine.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

That makes sense. I wouldn't get a Surface Pro 2 if I intended to run CS 6. I don't think it's designed for something that CPU/GPU intensive.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone ☕ I've been busy with company Xmas parties 🎄🍷today expecting a big snow storm ❄⛄ so I'm not going anywhere !
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1387026414.752013.jpg

Sent from wendybeee's iPhone 5 💋

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Good morning everyone. Have a great day! It's going to snow all day and into tonight. Be safe! :)