The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

So the hospital is handing out little stickers to the associates/vendors/whatever who get the flu shot and the little stickers go on the front of our ID badges.

I can probably find something online and can make a color print copy and glue it to my badge. Or see if I can get a hold of my office mate's badge, make a color copy of hers and paste the sticker on mine. :)
Would you truly really do something like that in a position and place where you work? Please tell me you are just joking around about something like that when you are exposed around so many people and vs versa!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hell of a lot better idea than getting the damn shot !!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
No No offense please to be taken but No it is not. Nothing like that is a better idea that protecting yourself whether you like needles or not. Use the nasal spray then.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Would you truly really do something like that in a position and place where you work? Please tell me you are just joking around about something like that when you are exposed around so many people and vs versa!!

Nope. I'm not.

I don't deal with patients. I deal with paperwork and I doubt paperwork can get the flu. I stay holed up in my Bat Cave while I'm at work.

I know more people who *got* the flu after a flu shot than people didn't get the flu shot.

The one and only time I got a flu shot thru the fire department my dad volunteered for I got so sick I thought I was dying. I stayed like that for a week. The ONLY reason I got it was bc my mom made me since I was only 16. After that, I've never gotten another, never will get another and I've yet to get the flu.

Sent from my iPhone so don't expect Tolstoy

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

To all of you non-Flu shot or flu-shot haters please read this. It's up to you and i am not going to knock anyone for what they believe but you can at least read this before you decide your reasons for not getting or why you don't want a flu shot. Thank you....:)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/index.html

[URL="http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/vaccine-selection.htm"]http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/vaccine-selection.htm

[/URL]

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Nope. I'm not.

I don't deal with patients. I deal with paperwork and I doubt paperwork can get the flu. I stay holed up in my Bat Cave while I'm at work.

I know more people who *got* the flu after a flu shot than people didn't get the flu shot.

The one and only time I got a flu shot thru the fire department my dad volunteered for I got so sick I thought I was dying. I stayed like that for a week. The ONLY reason I got it was bc my mom made me since I was only 16. After that, I've never gotten another, never will get another and I've yet to get the flu.

Ginger nothing personal and I mean that but it is 100% impossible to get the 'FLU' from getting a flu shot. You may get flu 'LIKE' symptoms but you will NOT get the flu.

I don't care if you deal with people or not the statement you made to falsify the belief that you got a shot you did not, That is just wrong and I am sorry and that is only my personal opinion.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Well good night everyone. it's been a hoot and great to see you BK and the best of luck with your daughters wedding coming up. I hope all goes smooth. Stay in touch when you can my friend. Please give my regards to Rich at CB for me when you talk to him please.

Good night everybody else and I hope you all everyone has a great thursday filled with plenty of great coffee no mater what it comes from even though i would prefer a Timmies. Peace out. :)

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

So the hospital is handing out little stickers to the associates/vendors/whatever who get the flu shot and the little stickers go on the front of our ID badges.

I can probably find something online and can make a color print copy and glue it to my badge. Or see if I can get a hold of my office mate's badge, make a color copy of hers and paste the sticker on mine. :)
I like getting the little stickers from the Red Cross when I donate blood.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten flu shots for the past 10 years. I only got the flu once during that time, and it was because the strain I got was not part of the vaccine that year. So, yes, I'll get the shots. I also happen to have a BS in biology, so I understand virology.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Happy Ani man how many years?

Morning bamf and thanks for the coffee :biggrin: ....and Happy Anniversary :dancing: .....and Happy iOS7 day...WOW lots to celebrate !!!

Thanks!!!

14 years.

Here is today's signature brew.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379587111.351607.jpg

Extra incase any of my team 20k peeps are going to stand in line today for a new phone :)

fastpitch_dad

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everybody...no new phone for me but liking ios7 so far !!

fastpitch_dad

May 29, 2013
Visit site

No No offense please to be taken but No it is not. Nothing like that is a better idea that protecting yourself whether you like needles or not. Use the nasal spray then.

Don't worry no offense taken !

But I am 47 and have only had the flu once and ironically it was the year I got the flu shot at work, well 20yrs after and still doing good !

Now I am a huge believer in regular sinus flushes...could not live w/I those !!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Ginger nothing personal and I mean that but it is 100% impossible to get the 'FLU' from getting a flu shot. You may get flu 'LIKE' symptoms but you will NOT get the flu.

I don't care if you deal with people or not the statement you made to falsify the belief that you got a shot you did not, That is just wrong and I am sorry and that is only my personal opinion.

I'm not wearing a mask for 6 months either. I am very claustrophobic to begin with.

They should have never forced all of us to get one.

And yeah I got the flu from the shot. It happens. All. The. Time.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

The spray is not offered. Needles or nothing. I chose nothing.

This is also my last post on the subject. I'm not arguing over something I am vehemently against for personal and religious reasons.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Morning friends! Thanks for coffee bamf and congrats on 14 yrs! ...no flu shot for me Jag...and BK, good luck with wedding stuff- how exciting!!!!

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!!!

*seashell happy dancing in heels and hot pink scarf today* ;)

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Morning everyone :beer:<----geez how did that slip in there :laughing: rewind....Morning everyone :coffee: I'm off work till Monday :dancing: have a great day all !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro