The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

8796DE48-437F-4054-B83F-C57DC8E687E0-6177-000003675FB0AECC_zps53413dcc.jpg

Snack time:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm against it because I don't trust them. Those shots give you the virus so your body can build a immunity to it. I haven't had the flu yet.

Tapatalking from my S4
They do not give you the virus, They put the active virus in your system for the immune system to build tolerance against the live real flu as opposed to the dead virus that you are getting the shot for.

I have gotten one every year and you may get flu like symtoms but not the flu which is impossible to get from the shot. It is a strain of it and not the actual flu.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Evening jag! Yeah I'm home and about to eat some salad and chicken. How are you? That's crazy you are getting all that rain!

Tapatalking from my S4
Every day for 2 months we have had rain here Rell, it is crazy and we are so high about the usual level we are at this time last year. Going to eat some dinner myself now that i think about.

I think you should give the flu shot a different look and read up on it a bit more because they are really harmless. Like you said, they are meant to build immunity in your body against the strain but you won't get the flu from it only maybe flu like symtoms. better safe than sorry. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I second that! My hubby gets one through work every year and within a week he has a 'bad cold' that lasts awhile and granted its not the actual flu, I have yet to take myself or my girls in for one. Wash your hands people, drink your OJ and stay active!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

I suppose this debate is just an opinion that everyone has. i get one every year. Everybody i work with gets the flu and i never do so a cold is just a coiincidence but I truly believe in it as the alternative to really getting the full blown flu and being knocked out for a week or more.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Everyone,

I am not ignoring you all. Not only is my Father-in-Law on his way out, but we are dealing with a crazy family member and my work load is insane. Yesterday I was in meetings from 8am-4pm without a break. Today is pretty much the same.

I have a minute to post now only because I am spending crazy $$$$ on 4 new Pirellis for my car.... YAY :) (Can you feel the sarcasm?)

I will try and post up some more later on, but just know you are all not forgotten.

BAMF :)
Either are you my friend so you should know that if you need anything speak up or go to contacts for me and get in touch. You know how to reach me if I can help you on the forum bamf you know that.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Good evening everyone...Dinner time, then some forum time and then whatever decent is on the Tube tonight to relax... :) I hope all of you have a wonderful evening.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

They do not give you the virus, They put the active virus in your system for the immune system to build tolerance against the live real flu as opposed to the dead virus that you are getting the shot for.

I have gotten one every year and you may get flu like symtoms but not the flu which is impossible to get from the shot. It is a strain of it and not the actual flu.

OK thanks for clearing that up, but my whole point is They do add the active strain to help you fight against it. I'm not feeling that because they Give you it. Why put something in your body that you haven't got yet? That's my whole point:)

Tapatalking from my S4

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Every day for 2 months we have had rain here Rell, it is crazy and we are so high about the usual level we are at this time last year. Going to eat some dinner myself now that i think about.

I think you should give the flu shot a different look and read up on it a bit more because they are really harmless. Like you said, they are meant to build immunity in your body against the strain but you won't get the flu from it only maybe flu like symtoms. better safe than sorry. :)

Your in Florida right? Then that makes since. Seems like you guys are always having rain lol.

Tapatalking from my S4

BergerKing

May 10, 2013
Visit site

20130903_112543_zps963a34df.jpg

Introducing Rubydeux, successor to Ruby, who is sulking beside her. R? is a bit dusty because she sat in a gravel lot for a couple of weeks before I got the keys.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Good evening everyone...Dinner time, then some forum time and then whatever decent is on the Tube tonight to relax... :) I hope all of you have a wonderful evening.

You know what's decent.....America's Got Talent Finals !!!!!!!!:dancing:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox