The iMore 20K / 50K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: The iMore 20K Post Challenge - Are you up for it?

I have really learned a lot we didn't eat really bad other than the soda and sweets every now and then but when I really started working out there was just so much I didn't know. We don't eat processed things like white bread and sugar use is almost non existent. I bought a bag of sugar when we moved into the house and 2 years later we still have not opened it. We don't use salt when we're cooking and drink skim milk so along with eating pretty regular portion it wasn't a HUGE change like I imagine it must be for some people. However the 6 meals a day, eating every 3 hours, learning about good fats, bad fats, and how excercise and diet plays together in acheiving goals has been such a cool thing.

That's awesome! We drink soda only occasionally and my girls rarely have it as compared to their friends who drink it daily!! We limit sweets and try to make healthy meals...hubby and I walk about 2 miles a day, 100 'bicycles' a day and both my girls are active too (oldest is going to State for track this weekend :D ). Being active and 'everything in moderation' is how I do things!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

That's awesome! We drink soda only occasionally and my girls rarely have it as compared to their friends who drink it daily!! We limit sweets and try to make healthy meals...hubby and I walk about 2 miles a day, 100 'bicycles' a day and both my girls are active too (oldest is going to State for track this weekend :D ). Being active and 'everything in moderation' is how I do things!

now that is some good parenting :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

So I should have oatmeal and an egg for lunch?!!

It all depends egg is a great source of nutrients, oats is a great source of protein with very little fat. I'm heading towards a goal so for that I'm getting as much protein as I can to build lean muscle mass and watching my fats to make sure I'm only eating good fats. I watch my carbs too but not as much, I eat good foods so not too concerned about my carbs. My meals today for example were:

Breakfast
Granola with skim milk
1 glass of skim milk with whey protein
1 boiled egg
2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin) - specialty bread high in protein and not overly processed

Meal 2
1/4 cup of cooked un-sweetened rolled oats

Lunch
1 Ezekiel wrap with 4 slices of lean chicken breast deli meat
3 glasses of water
1 greek yogurt naturally flavored
2 rice cakes

Meal 4
2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin)
1 egg white omlette

After workout snack
12 raw almonds
1 questbar

Dinner
1 salmon filet
1/2 cup spinach instead of salad with balsalmic dressing
1 cup of steamed vegetables
2 cups of water

Snack (Last Meal)
1 shake
1 cup skim milk
whey protein
PB2 peanut butter
ground flaxseed

Most of my meals daily have about 80% of this since I'm pretty repetitive with my food. This gets me a lot of protein, is 80-90% good fats and absolutely no trans fat. The thing about my diet is that I eat all the same foods I ate before I've just added to it with the exception of not eating sweets which were treats before so not really part of my daily diet. I know some people are rigid with their diet, they eat 100% clean, prep their meal for the week and don't deviate. I like to keep balance and with my food I can add foods or not eat foods to increase protein or decrease my sugar etc. So it all depends on your goals really.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

It all depends egg is a great source of nutrients, oats is a great source of protein with very little fat. I'm heading towards a goal so for that I'm getting as much protein as I can to build lean muscle mass and watching my fats to make sure I'm only eating good fats. I watch my carbs too but not as much, I eat good foods so not too concerned about my carbs. My meals today for example were:

Breakfast
Granola with skim milk
1 glass of skim milk with whey protein
1 boiled egg
2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin) - specialty bread high in protein and not overly processed

Meal 2
1/4 cup of cooked un-sweetened rolled oats

Lunch
1 Ezekiel wrap with 4 slices of lean chicken breast deli meat
3 glasses of water
1 greek yogurt naturally flavored
2 rice cakes

Meal 4
2 slices of Ezekiel bread (Cinnamon Raisin)
1 egg white omlette

After workout snack
12 raw almonds
1 questbar

Dinner
1 salmon filet
1/2 cup spinach instead of salad with balsalmic dressing
1 cup of steamed vegetables
2 cups of water

Snack (Last Meal)
1 shake
1 cup skim milk
whey protein
PB2 peanut butter
ground flaxseed

Most of my meals daily have about 80% of this since I'm pretty repetitive with my food. This gets me a lot of protein, is 80-90% good fats and absolutely no trans fat. The thing about my diet is that I eat all the same foods I ate before I've just added to it with the exception of not eating sweets which were treats before so not really part of my daily diet. I know some people are rigid with their diet, they eat 100% clean, prep their meal for the week and don't deviate. I like to keep balance and with my food I can add foods or not eat foods to increase protein or decrease my sugar etc. So it all depends on your goals really.

I commend you on your dedication to that whole routine!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I commend you on your dedication to that whole routine!

honestly written out like that it seems like a lot and for parents who have kids to deal with along with their own stuff it probably looks even worst. But I prep the omlette and the oats on the weekend it takes about 20 minutes and then they go in the fridge. Everything else it takes me about 5-10 minutes in the morning to throw the stuff into containers and put it in my lunch bag. When we do food for dinner we usually will do a whole bunch of salmon fillet and I can take them for lunch or eat it for dinner so we're not cooking every single night. Basically it's a lot easier than it reads lol

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

How is everyone's afternoon going? Mine is good I just can't wait to leave work. All that food from this weekend has me sleepy lol.

Tapatalking using my iphone

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

middbrew a grilled cheese sandwich is definitely high on my list especially with sharp cheddar and good sourdough bread.... Oh comfort food at its best!

Sharp cheddar is a mush. I really like them with sauteed onions mixed in with the cheese.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I love how you guys (from the US) call it ice coffee lol it's sounds really weird because we call it ice capp as in ice cappucino.
On the weekends when I am off on Sunday's and Monday's All I drink from Starbucks is Cappucino but I prefer it hot.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

How is everyone's afternoon going? Mine is good I just can't wait to leave work. All that food from this weekend has me sleepy lol.

Mine's going good been trying to reload an iPhone 3G for a friend, don't ask lol. Damn I've been out of the loop so long this thing keeps throwing me errors. It was Jailbroken and unlocked by me and now I'm just trying to reload the OS without the unlock. Well I'm bested for today I will get back at it tomorrow again think I'm going to try reloading it on a different machine.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine's going good been trying to reload an iPhone 3G for a friend, don't ask lol. Damn I've been out of the loop so long this thing keeps throwing me errors. It was Jailbroken and unlocked by me and now I'm just trying to reload the OS without the unlock. Well I'm bested for today I will get back at it tomorrow again think I'm going to try reloading it on a different machine.

Wow sounds like you had your hands full with that. Hopefully you can get it working again.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I gave up eating Meat over 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet at all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very good in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Going over to visit CB so my Avatar over here might magically turn into a louzatar! LOL Be back in a few.

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I gave up eating Meat overt 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.

My wife stopped eating meat a little over a year ago. No beef, chicken (or any birds), pork, or fish. She was having digestive issues and this is what was recommended and it worked. She does eat stuff like eggs, just no flesh as she says.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I gave up eating Meat overt 20 years ago in as much as that I mean no red meat or veal or pork or anything even considered meat. I don't diet all but stay in good shape because I was heavy and just decided to make it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live that way today and all I eat is Chicken, Ground Turkey Breast and lots of fish along with fresh veggies and lots of whole grains of all kinds. Quinoa, Steel Cut oatmean, Cous Cous, Brown Rice and legumes.

I take my lunch to work every day that i cook for the entire week on Sunday's. I eat Organic Chobani Greek Yogurt and so i suppose you get the idea. I just introduced Chia Seeds that are very in omega 3 that I put in my yogurt. I also drink organic unfiltered apple cider vinagar in 2 caps to 8 oz of water which helps your stomach get probiotics and acidify your body for health. I also take about 6-7 different vitamins daily as well. So that is what i do and have been doing this for 20 years. I always have perfect yearly blood work and physicals and then on top of that i cycle long distance about 30-40 mile rides on the weekends as well.

That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.

middbrew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That's great jag. I think it all has to do with wanting a lifestyle change like you said. That's what I've been doing the last 2 months just trying to eat better and workout. I primarily eat salads and chicken I cook in a Pressure cooker with some light seasoning. So far I've lost 12 pounds since making my lifestyle change.

That's pretty cool Rellskie. Staying health and feeling good is what it's all about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods