good "non mainstream" movies

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what a "non-mainstream" film is...but a few movies I like that i guess you're referring to would be...

Sunshine
The Warrior
Moon
Gattaca
Jackie Brown

...i mean i could start listing movies non stop, i guess i'd just have to understand what exactly you mean by non-mainstream.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Non main stream probably means movies that aren't hyped by the media if I had to guess anything. Twilight, Harry Potter, LOTR and stuff like that is hyped.

Made in Heaven with Timothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis is one of my favorites. It never got the praise it deserved.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I kind of figured he meant films that fell outside of your typical holiday fair or summer blockbusters...but it just seemed weird to me as "non mainstream" movies could literally mean like underground movies, stuff that doesn't go to the theater, stuff like that. In that case, it's like a whole other realm of film!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
'Tyrannosaur' directed by Paddy Considine. A British movie about domestic abuse that is harrowing to watch but has some absolutely stunning performances in it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"The Confession" starring Kiefer Sutherland via Netflix

"Bobby Z" starring Paul Walker & Laurence Fishburne via Netflix

"The Experiment" starring Adrien Brody & Forest Whitacker via Netflix

"The Encounter" starring Bruce Marchiano & Steve "Sting" Borden (excellent Christian movie) via Netflix

to name a few...:D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"CH:OS:EN" is an excellent 6-part Crackle exclusive mini-movie. I stumbled across it this afternoon prior to the Miami v Clemson basketball game and I couldn't stop watching it. Check it out when you get a chance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods