Tragic shooting at an elementary school in CT...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's rare that a news story like this really gets to me, but my heart is just sunk today and I can't even imagine what these people are going through. 18 little children dead...KINDERGARTENERS for god's sake. Guy kills other adults, his mom...and then himself like a f*cking coward. There may be two shooters, there are kids missing (a classroom of them apparently), and all this in a sleepy little town that simply doesn't see this kind of thing nor would be prepared for such.

I don't have kids...but man would i ever hug them tight tonight if i did. I just keep playing a scenario of my little niece playing in her school classroom and then some guy comes in, fully geared up and ends her...taking her away from all of us, destroying multiple lives by killing one innocent child. Then i realize the horror that is reality...that this scenario happened, and it happened at least 18 times over.

Disgusting...absolutely f*cking disgusting. I can't even put into words my anger, sadness and low state and this didn't even directly affect me. Prayers go out to those families, and to the kids that had to watch it happen. I hope to god they come out ok in this...god help them be ok.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was receiving tx msg alerts about this incident as it was unfolding. Absolutely f*cking disgusting is right Sean. My heart pours out to those that were affected by this. I have kids, older, but still I could not imagine my world without them.

This is just a really, really sad situation:(

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't believe what i was hearing in the car. It takes a certain kind of evil to do this type of thing. All that Loss of young life is beyond sad.. Killing goes on all the time in the world but its even worse when it's Innocent young ones.This news messed up my whole mood tonight...

Tapatalking

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
My heart and prayers go out to all those who lost a loved one today and are affect by the tragic/horrific events. May they rest in peace. GOD bless 🙏

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to pull myself away from the tv. Living in CT there hasn't been anything else on but news. Not really saying anything new at this point. It's heartbreaking.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Today i get to hang out with my family and see many of my nephews and my niece...I personally can't wait to play with them and have fun, realizing how easily and randomly that could be removed from my ability forever. I'm still down about this, those poor babies never had a chance, and the principal and other staff that lost their lives trying to protect them are heroes of the highest caliber. There's a special place in hell for people like this coward...and as wrong as it is for me to pass judgement after this person is dead, i hope his afterlife echoes the horror and nightmare he served to these people still on earth, eternally experiencing the devastation he caused these families.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
What happened is beyond tragic but if we can learn anything from this is that we never know when our time is up and to live everyday for the moment and NEVER take our love one for granted.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As tragic as this is, as long as we have the Mental Health care system that we have today... Or "lack" thereof, tragic events like this one are only going to get worse.... That being said, my thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased and their family. There is a place in heaven for these tiny souls, and a place in hell for the monster who committed this horrific act....

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
AND of course the WBBC is on their way to CT to protest the funerals of the victims

to get you more enraged by these worthless phucks, they're using their infamous #godsenttheshooter! hastag via twitter

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
AND of course the WBBC is on their way to CT to protest the funerals of the victims

to get you more enraged by these worthless phucks, they're using their infamous #godsenttheshooter! hastag via twitter

Anything that happens to those idiots, is O.K. with me.:rolleyes:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

It won't end well for them if they pull that crap here. Things are way to raw for us to tolerate ignorance and hate.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I had a very hard time sending my kids off to school today. While they weren't worried at all, I was and can't wait till they come home again. :(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

At least we have health insurance now.

This quoted statement is the one thing that this mom can be thankful for. However, from working in the healthcare field, I've seen just how difficult the health care system has made it for a person that has a mental disability to get help even IF they have health insurance. A few years ago, the hospital's in my area closed all of their In Patient Mental Health units.... All of those people are now on our streets living among us. Some have good insurance and can go elsewhere for help. However, many of them don't and will continue to have increasing mental health issues that they and WE ALL will have to deal with.....

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I had a very hard time sending my kids off to school today. While they weren't worried at all, I was and can't wait till they come home again. :(

Same here Rose. In fact all of the schools in my town as of today have student counseling for the tragedy that took place for students here that are having a hard time dealing with it, whether it be fear of being in school or just the tragic loss that affected them emotionally.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Now i understand that a new debate over gun control is in the works. This tragedy happened in a state that manufactures a large portion of the guns that are sold in America. If this maniac had killed those innocent children with a hammer, would we be talking about closing down all the hardware stores? This maniac had mental problems, and was on medication, yet his mother took him out to the range, and taught him how to shoot. Who is really at fault here? :confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My nephew has depression, bi-polar disorder and mild schizophrenia...he's on medications and what not, and can be quite a challenge to deal with when he's having a manic mood. That said, I've taken him to the range with me (both of my nephews in fact), we've gone many times, and he's been respectful of the weapon, the rules and instruction when we've gone...to be honest, showing him how to handle a firearm is not going to turn him into a murderer and executioner...and i don't think it's fair at all to say that the mother some how made a poor choice in teaching her son how to shoot a gun at a firing range, she may have been trying to help him, trying to bond with him...and while yes, there are things you could do to bond without shooting guns, some people consider that as normal as watching a movie or having lunch.

He was psychotic and he murdered these kids and adults himself...not because his mom taught him how to shoot a gun. Would you assign a piece of blame or misconduct to a karate instructor for teaching a child how to use hand to hand combat if they grew up and broke someone's neck with it? Or a driving instructor for teaching someone how to drive if they decided to run over someone? No offense, but the blame goes ONE place...the person who killed these innocent people.