Why kids (sometimes) shouldn't have nice things...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My nephews...ages 15 and 14...both received an iPod Touch over the summer from me and my wife for doing some chores for us (brand spanking new, one we had won as a gift so we had it already, one was purchased online new in box...i think they are gen 4's, not really sure, but they were mint when we gave them to them). Yesterday i got a call from my brother, asking if i could take a look at them because they were having some problems with them (screens were acting funny on both, etc etc etc)...i showed both of them how to jailbreak so i thought maybe they go into something and glitched it up some how...then i received them...

YD2Td.jpg

SbKxh.jpg

B6oHT.jpg

...they both literally look like someone took them and threw them at a wall and then stepped on them and slid them across the pavement with their foot. I'm seriously at a loss, perhaps it comes from having no kids of my own, but i just can't fathom how someone could do this in such a short period of time. When asked they said they "dropped them a couple of times", lmao! When i told my brother both of them would need new screens and digitizers and showed, he said "Nope, they can use them as is...", i just can't help feeling sorry for these little iPods.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They might have seen better care had they bought them for themselves with money earned in exchange for their labor... I still own the 10 speed bike I bought for my self in JR High with monies earned after a summer of lawn mowing, and winter of shoveling snow...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
They might have seen better care had they bought them for themselves with money earned in exchange for their labor... I still own the 10 speed bike I bought for my self in JR High with monies earned after a summer of lawn mowing, and winter of shoveling snow...

+1. You will always appreciate and take care of something that u pay for yourself with ur hard earned money. Maybe they should invest in a case before they are totally unusable. What a shame. Kids nowadays have no respect and take everything for granted. They never knew a life without Internet, play station and iPhones/iPod/iPads. The good ole days :D

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I considered myself lucky when my mom got me a GameBoy color. It still works fine and has been passed down to my younger siblings. :D

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My nephews...ages 15 and 14...both received an iPod Touch over the summer from me and my wife for doing some chores for us (brand spanking new, one we had won as a gift so we had it already, one was purchased online new in box...i think they are gen 4's, not really sure, but they were mint when we gave them to them). Yesterday i got a call from my brother, asking if i could take a look at them because they were having some problems with them (screens were acting funny on both, etc etc etc)...i showed both of them how to jailbreak so i thought maybe they go into something and glitched it up some how...then i received them...

http://i.imgur.com/YD2Td.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SbKxh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B6oHT.jpg

...they both literally look like someone took them and threw them at a wall and then stepped on them and slid them across the pavement with their foot. I'm seriously at a loss, perhaps it comes from having no kids of my own, but i just can't fathom how someone could do this in such a short period of time. When asked they said they "dropped them a couple of times", lmao! When i told my brother both of them would need new screens and digitizers and showed, he said "Nope, they can use them as is...", i just can't help feeling sorry for these little iPods.

Oh... Dear... God! They look terrible.

Tapatalking

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Well, they did technically buy them with the money they earned, we just skipped the middle man and exchanged straight up for what they did (we were going to pay them but they wanted iPod Touch's so we just made the process easier). To be honest though, i don't think even the exchange of money from their hand to a store would have saved these poor things, both of them bought Xbox 360 games with their own earned cash and they are all destroyed as well. I think they are just careless unfortunately, lol. But hey, ain't my kids! :D

I still have my original gameboy from 1989...i bought it the day they came out at the store with 3 games with money i earned mowing grass and raking leaves over the summer and fall and it is in pristine condition to this day, along with the boxes the games came in and the little foam cast i had for the gameboy. It still works like a champ too!

- - - Updated - - -

+1. You will always appreciate and take care of something that u pay for yourself with ur hard earned money. Maybe they should invest in a case before they are totally unusable. What a shame. Kids nowadays have no respect and take everything for granted. They never knew a life without Internet, play station and iPhones/iPod/iPads. The good ole days :D

They actually have cases on them! They are these cheap little rubber cases, but cases none the less. I'm thinking though, based on the damage, these cases were bought to cover up the atrocious damage done to them, and not to actually protect them FROM damage, LOL! They really don't have respect for the stuff these days though, electronic toys were few and far between when i was a kid all the way until i moved out, and i took care of the stuff as if my life depended on it. Their entertainment units in their bedrooms rivals what i had only like 5-6 years ago, and they are teenagers! WTF? Oh well, spoiled rotten brats...gotta love them, hard headed and all.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't care how I got something I show respect for the items I receive whether as a gift or if I bought it myself.

Transmitted from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Not all the blame goes to the kids. They're kids.....blame the parents for not teaching them how to take care of their crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tlbaker1

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

YUP!!! My parents woks have never, ever spent $$$ on something like this as they would have considered an iPhone / iPod touch, etc., something for adults only. Besides, they would be blowing up the phone so much checking up on us, have it rigged so they would know what we were doing at all times, etc., we'd want to give it BACK!!!

But, HELL, that's dinosaur talk from the 1970s and before. What do I know lol.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64FB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD