Hasn't been announced yet though...

Live Blog: http://live.theverge.com/apple-samsung-verdict-live/
    08-24-2012 06:30 PM
    Samsung getting handed their own arse... so far.
    08-24-2012 06:43 PM
    $1.051 billion in damages to Apple. All patents upheld.
    08-24-2012 07:09 PM
    It's going to be a great year for Apple next month...half the world will own the new iPhone, and the other half of the world will own the Apple Galaxy S III.
    kch50428, DaPhoneking and Fausty82 like this.
    08-24-2012 07:17 PM
    I'm waiting for https://twitter.com/FOSSpatents Florian Mueller to chime in with an analysis.
    08-24-2012 07:20 PM
    It's going to be a great year for Apple next month...half the world will own the new iPhone, and the other half of the world will own the Apple Galaxy S III.
    ...AND Apple can release their new HDTV sooner, and create the toasterfridge.
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-24-2012 07:21 PM
    ...AND Apple can release their new HDTV sooner, and create the i-Toasterfridge.
    Fixed that for you.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    08-24-2012 07:26 PM
    I also wanted to point out this...i checked the mail today and i received my settlement check from Samsung for the capacitor lawsuit they had against them for their Plasma TV's. It covered parts and repairs we made for that TV last year totaling $350. I'm using that check towards my iPhone pre-order.

Life is beautiful and ironic.
    kch50428, Fausty82 and DaPhoneking like this.
    08-24-2012 07:38 PM
    Indeed.
    08-24-2012 07:39 PM
    I also wanted to point out this...i checked the mail today and i received my settlement check from Samsung for the capacitor lawsuit they had against them for their Plasma TV's. It covered parts and repairs we made for that TV last year totaling $350. I'm using that check towards my iPhone pre-order.

Sweet. Way to kick 'em when they're down!
    08-24-2012 07:49 PM
    Fixed that for you.
    LMAO thank you good sir.
    08-24-2012 08:08 PM

I read the first three lines and thought you were joking .. =).
    You couldn't get that check at a better time, if only they knew where that money is going to.. 😝
    08-24-2012 08:16 PM
    As seen on twitter: Florian Mueller @FOSSpatents

Contrary to what Samsung says, the verdict is not simply a loss for consumers. It's more complex than that. "Copytition" is not the answer.

What would undoubtedly have been a loss for consumers is if Samsung had succeeded with its attempt to abuse standard-essential patents.
    08-24-2012 08:23 PM
    FOSS Patents: Apple's billion-dollar win over Samsung is a huge breakthrough -- but it's not thermonuclear

One juicy quote:
    Samsung has to realize that its own patent portfolio is next to worthless in its fight against Apple.
    Last edited by kch50428; 08-24-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    08-24-2012 09:06 PM
    Oof. HTC is so screwed.
    08-24-2012 09:09 PM
    YIKES...that's gonna hurt!
    08-24-2012 09:40 PM
    Oof. HTC is so screwed.
    Why would they be screwed? They didn't blatantly copy Apple and their interface. At least with the Sense UI it's totally diffrent than iOS, and they came up with it themselves.
    08-24-2012 09:48 PM
    Why would they be screwed? They didn't blatantly copy Apple and their interface. At least with the Sense UI it's totally diffrent than iOS, and they came up with it themselves.
    They are screwed because the whole of android is screwed now. The fact Samsung made the stock nexus devices and they infringed on apples patents also means android infringes. Google is next and I couldn't be happier.
    08-24-2012 10:49 PM
    What would be epic is if Apple takes the higher road, takes this K.O. blow they just landed on Samsung and steps back into the pure product development ring again. Imagine if they did that what we would end up with next year (on the scale of what they did in 2007 when they dropped the iPhone).
    08-24-2012 10:54 PM
    I think this case was BS and so is the patent system. Do I think Apple deserves licensing fees for a few of their patents? Sure, just as they need to pay fees for patents that they are using. But all of these companies have copied each other or some other company. So no one company is a victim, not even Apple folks.

By the way I can't wait for iPhone 5 because I skipped the 4S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-25-2012 02:29 PM
    So excited for this. It won't mean the end of Android, but it's a huge victory for Steve's legacy. Android got dealt a huge blow and it will only continue from here. You can't steal and get away with it!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-25-2012 02:40 PM
    I think this case was BS and so is the patent system. Do I think Apple deserves licensing fees for a few of their patents? Sure, just as they need to pay fees for patents that they are using. But all of these companies have copied each other or some other company. So no one company is a victim, not even Apple folks.

By the way I can't wait for iPhone 5 because I skipped the 4S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You have a very generic understanding of what this lawsuit was actually about if that is your stance on what happened.
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-25-2012 04:53 PM
    The basis of this case was not android, it was hardware infringement by Samsung. I don't see Samsung being sued for Android being created by Google. Apple v Google is going to be bloody and at the end of it, we the consumers lose regardless. Having a patent on a rectangle with round corners is BS and shouldn't even exist.
    08-25-2012 05:44 PM
    The basis of this case was not android, it was hardware infringement by Samsung. I don't see Samsung being sued for Android being created by Google. Apple v Google is going to be bloody and at the end of it, we the consumers lose regardless. Having a patent on a rectangle with round corners is BS and shouldn't even exist.
    The bounce-back and pinch to zoom are not hardware items. They are Samsung implementations on the android OS. And sorry, but specific shapes, etc. are protectable - think the shape of a glass Coke bottle. That's protected.

Samsung's own internal emails confirmed they literally copied Apple. Game over.

PS: Read this: FOSS Patents: Apple's billion-dollar win over Samsung is a huge breakthrough -- but it's not thermonuclear

Samsung has issued a statement that claims this jury verdict is a loss for consumers. But things are more complex than that. There can be no reasonable doubt that Samsung and Google have engaged, and continue to engage, in "copytition" (competing through copying) rather than wholly-independent creation. Somewhere the courts have to draw the line and afford some degree of protection to innovators. I don't always agree with Apple's claims, and I don't like all of Apple's patents, but the kind of disregard for other companies' intellectual property that Samsung and Google effectively propose is certainly not the answer.
    Last edited by kch50428; 08-25-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-25-2012 05:53 PM
    https://twitter.com/FOSSpatents/stat...46564535492609

RT @applevsamsung #Apple Vs #Samsung. iCame, uSaw, uCopied, iSued, iWon. Hahahaaaaaa
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    08-26-2012 11:35 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD