What was your first cellphone EVER ??

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
awww man it was a Nokia 6255 i loved that phone back when i was in 5th and 6th grade
Oh metro pcs how i dont miss you

veegee1

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
my 1st cell phone

wow! my fist cell phone! I bought it way back in ancient times - 1990 to be exact and, man was it ever expensive to own and have an account! It was just a brick phone with a long antenna that had to be extended in order to make or receive a call. I want to say it was a nokia, but I am not sure. In 1990 there was NO text messaging on cell phones, nor was there caller ID. A cell phone only made and received calls. Period. My area had 2 cell phone companies - cellular one and GTE. Cellular one became AT & T and GTE eventually became Alltel. In those ancient days, cell phones were strictly marketed to business people and pagers were all the rage. I had to pay $80/month JUST TO HAVE SERVICE!!!- there were no minutes included!!! Back then you had to pay for each minute you used - they were priced at peak and off peak. I think peak minutes were 60 cents and off peak were 35 cents. In those days you drove to a pay phone, called someone on your cell phone and said to the person you called "hey, call me back at this number" (the number of the pay phone) so you wouldn't get 2 or 300 dollar bills each month!!! No kidding. We've come a very long way since those dark ages and what a very strange but interesting trip it was!:D

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I remember buying this sucker and walking around downtown Pittsburgh acting all high and mighty cause I had a big ass portable phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember my mom having a loaner (back when Cell One gave out loaner demos) and walking up and down the street, calling people on it, here in Cincinnati lol.:D

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
the mid 90's, i dont even remember what the phone was called but it was a Qualcom, a thin phone for the times, lol. the ear piece was a wider sideways oval shape design with the rest of the phone straight like an iPhone. I tried googling for a pic but had no success.

Moved onto my first smart phone, a bb8330 in 2008. Made my way through 2 more bb's, and landed at the end of 2011 with my first iPhone4S :)

was it this?

MadamRock

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 6180 too! I thought I was so cool with that phone. First thing I did was buy a light blue face plate and then painted my nails to match. :D Oh how I miss the days when I wasn't sure I if I could afford my $40 cell phone bill...

hggs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Teletac 200. Best image I could find:

be508775-a982-f74a.jpg

Side view:
be508775-aade-2e70.jpg

We called it the hand ice shaver in my country. Cheapest phone you could buy at the time (1995 if memory serves correctly).

Last edited:

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2