What was your first cellphone EVER ??

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
A Motorola Digital Personal Communicator!

Sent from somewhere

Oh my God!!! This is the first cellphone I ever used ( not owned ), a friend of mine had this phone around 1994 when the first cellphones started to arrive to South America, I remember his bill was like 500 dollars a month back then... Crazy..

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh my God!!! This is the first cellphone I ever used ( not owned ), a friend of mine had this phone around 1994 when the first cellphones started to arrive to South America, I remember his bill was like 500 dollars a month back then... Crazy..

I remember buying this sucker and walking around downtown Pittsburgh acting all high and mighty cause I had a big ass portable phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh heck, I don't recall the exact model number. I bought my first cellphone in 1989 and it was either made by Nokia or Motorola, but I can't remember which.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember buying this sucker and walking around downtown Pittsburgh acting all high and mighty cause I had a big ass portable phone!

(Laughing)....I did the same thing in Orlando. I thought I was "all that & a bag of chips". :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used a bag phone at work (government issued) but my first personal cellphone wasn't.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung A460

It looked cool, but didn't work too well. It ended up being the first & last time I bought a Samsung phone.

samsung-a460-g.jpg

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me and my wife bought this bad boy right here just before we got married (Circa 1999)...i was still using the pager i had in high school so this thing was like the best thing since sliced bread (and I was a Snake master!)...

nokia_5100.jpg

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Me and my wife bought this bad boy right here just before we got married (Circa 1999)...i was still using the pager i had in high school so this thing was like the best thing since sliced bread (and I was a Snake master!)...

Click to view quoted image

I remember that phone. I had one as well. Compared to the Motorola Digital Personal Communicator, the Nokia was downright tiny.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit