Why are Android users so militant?

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Some good arguments errr discussions here. There's a particular Apple or Mac forum that might rhyme with "RacTumors" that i used to visit a lot but it seemed to me that it went off the deep end with crazy non stop trash talking. I dunno if its actually that way now since i've not been back there for quite some time. I just wish i could enjoy good tech talk about whatever my platform of choice forums I'm on without all the nonsense.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
And there are still people out there who behave that way about their Blackberries. It has nothing to do with the phone, and everything to do with the owners. It's like religious fundamentalists. You can't tell them they're wrong, because they believe, and they don't understand why you're not swept up in their zeal.

You should take a look over at CB, from what I've seen/read there is a mini civil war starting to the point that some of their memebers are leaving and going to a "newer" BB site and talking alot of trash about other BB users, kind of like a "dividing of churches"

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I was anti-Apple for a long time. My whole life, really. I was really just a hater. I refused to pick up an iPod when they came out and I just felt like they were too "controlling" of their products and how they are used. I have always been a techie but I started off with PALM, then got a Zune, couple of Windows Mobile phones, had a Palm PRE (which, honestly, I freaking love. To this day I feel WebOS can be argued as the best mobile os and the precentral community made it so much better). My brother-in-law had been trying to get me on the Apple train for years, and like any other Apple hater I refused. At one point my brother even got an iphone (1st Gen) and within 6 months was back on Windows Mobile. We used to use forums to UNLEASH our phones and Apple felt to closed. WELL, one day my aunt gave me an iPhone touch (1st Gen), it was free and I had been wanting to play around with iOS. GAME OVER. Less than two months later I had an iPhone and in less than a year, I am a full convert. iPhone, iPad, Macbook and two Apple TVs, I'll never go back. EVER. I love how streamlined my entertainment world at home is now and even though it could be argued that you can do that with any operating system, it takes too much work for me. Downloading software or apps that can co-exist across platforms. I love my setup now, wont change it for nothing, I backed the wrong ponies for too long.

far kingdom

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I view a tech video, I usually see these top rated comments hurling insults on Apple. I think most of us Apple users just don't really bother replying these comments, since we just love our iProducts and couldn't care less on what others are saying. Its usage and our preference that matters.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I switch platforms often, I too have noticed the same passion from users of platforms other than those represented in a particular forum. Coming from experience there are the same trolls everywhere. I am however happy that iOS, Android, Blackberry, and windows phone exist as it continues to push innovation.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I view a tech video, I usually see these top rated comments hurling insults on Apple. I think most of us Apple users just don't really bother replying these comments, since we just love our iProducts and couldn't care less on what others are saying. Its usage and our preference that matters.

I could not agree more, when I was anti-Apple, I was always spitting a lot of hate for Apple. My brother-in-law never was baited by me. Now that I am a full-fledged Fanboy (a title I wear with pride now) and other people try to bait me into arguments, I don't waste my time. My stance now is more, like, "Look, if something else works for you, that's fine, I just prefer superior products". HA, nah, but for real, I just like what I like not, no one has to agree with me.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I made a comment on both a CNET thread on Google+ and over at TechCrunch about the Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S3. Neither comment was rude, crude, deragatory, or hostile. It was more of an inquisitive post. I was called asshole, asshat, and every other variation of the colorful metaphor thereof.

Android fanboys and their rude, crude, and plain crass comments are a reason that the internet is going to ****. Every single solitary tech forum, thread, page, post, or anything dealing with an Apple product is infested with the vermin. They are a disease of the internet.

If you like both, okay. If you don't like one or the other, okay. But keep the comments like asshole, asshat, whatever to yourself. If it's an Apple related post or thread or webpage, just **** off.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you like both, okay. If you don't like one or the other, okay. But keep the comments like asshole, asshat, whatever to yourself. If it's an Apple related post or thread or webpage, just **** off.

6c02d126-ea01-a4b3.jpg

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I like android when I am not in a hurry to do something or I want to nerd out on Linux. When it comes to everyday things I use the iPhone because it works. Don't get me wrong I dislike apple but you can't argue that you can be more efficient on iPhone then you can on android. At one point in time you will get tired of flashing and fixing things to make your phone work.

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You have to admit...the amount of hatred towards Apple from the Android side of the fence DWARFS the amount of hatred going the other way.

Yeah, but think of it this way: the more idiotic flaming the Android apologists do on pro-Apple sites, the more web traffic those sites get. More web traffic -> higher Page ranking (and time on site and hit count and whatever other random bull**** is used to measure web site popularity) -> higher ad revenue -> more financial success.

So, let the ideologically challenged Android apologists flame away.
In the end it means more money for pro-Apple sites.

(And yes, I'm guilty of more than my share of troll-baiting. Gotten pretty good at it. SO MUCH FUN!)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it's funny. i have yet to meet an android user talk as much shiit in real life than on any forum i visit

iOS users i have met are the same online and in person lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
it's funny. i have yet to meet an android user talk as much shiit in real life than on any forum i visit

iOS users i have met are the same online and in person lol

I use both, so I guess I'd qualify as one of those who talks a lot of sh!t on line and in person, huh? LMAO!!! :D :p

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Triple winner (or is that whinner) here, since I use all 3 platforms! BB, Android and iOS!

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Google's Army man that's what it is. That hacker culture has always been kind of angry on the computer. It's their safe haven.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox