Why are Android users so militant?

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
The answer is simple. "iPhone Envy".

Seriously though, I simply do not understand why there is such fanboy fever from either camp.

Both platforms have their +/-, and neither has the ability to hurt the other.

Live Long and Prosper.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
All 4 of the major platforms, have users that are of ALL types, most are pretty cool most of the time, but some are wingnuts some of the time. I don't think any one platform has a monopoly on this. ;) The Mobile Nations moderators do a pretty good job handling things when forced to, at least that has been my expierence.

Well said, pkcable. I think the mods here at iMore and Android Central do a great job of keeping the forums friendly and a nice place where new members will want to come back to again. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Reactions: DX9

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well said, pkcable. I think the mods here at iMore and Android Central do a great job of keeping the forums friendly and a nice place where new members will want to come back to again. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

CrackBerry Mods ain't too bad either. ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
CrackBerry Mods ain't too bad either. ;)

Absolutely!!
respect-062.gif

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
There are grumpy blackberry users that will claim any other phone/platform are toys

And there are Apple enthusiasts that will want to pay $2000 for the next iPhone because they think the brand has cheapened from being too available

All of the "enthusiasts" tend to disgust me

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
There are grumpy blackberry users that will claim any other phone/platform are toys

And there are Apple enthusiasts that will want to pay $2000 for the next iPhone because they think the brand has cheapened from being too available

All of the "enthusiasts" tend to disgust me

good thing you do not get "enthusiastic" about anything. i can tell

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You losers with your iPhones. Android rulz cuz it has weather widgets!! Oh, and it's OPEN too. Whatever the hell that means.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've had a blackberry, an android device and nownim using an iPhone 4S. I liked blackberry for bbm. I like Android for the customizations and I'm still looking for a reason to really like my IPhone. But I've never knocked any of the competitors. So to make a general statement an say every android user is jealous of iPhone is ridiculous. A lot of people are completely happy not having an iPhone.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
And on the same token, many people are happy not having Android. But it's damn near every single Android user that hates hearing that and gets very militant about it. I've had them all, going back to the analog cell phone days and at least I have a background to honestly say something like I know what I'm talking about.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
And on the same token, many people are happy not having Android. But it's damn near every single Android user that hates hearing that and gets very militant about it. I've had them all, going back to the analog cell phone days and at least I have a background to honestly say something like I know what I'm talking about.

I agree. I don't see what all the fighting is about. Why can't we all get along and agree that we enjoy technology.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I don't see what all the fighting is about. Why can't we all get along and agree that we enjoy technology.

Most iPhone users think like that. But Android users do not. Android users, almost to a single person, are the most arrogant asses. They are like viruses that infect all tech blogs. CNET and Google+ are getting to the point that I don't go there anymore.

Same with Macrumors forums. There's so many Android fanboys there that a post from someone who likes the iPhone gets downranked. You believe that? A Mac forum where positive Apple threads and comments get downranked.:rolleyes:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You losers with your iPhones. Android rulz cuz it has weather widgets!! Oh, and it's OPEN too. Whatever the hell that means.

It means that it's a hell of a lot more customizable, if that's what you want. In my case, it WAS what i wanted, but i'm not knocking other phones. I will say this...All the forums have their "fanboys", and extreme loyalists. However, IMHO, the forum with the most obnoxious fanboys, and really the least to brag about, is Crackberry. I know that the Mods over there try to keep a tight rein on the forums, but sometimes, it can get pretty nasty.:p

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Most iPhone users think like that. But Android users do not. Android users, almost to a single person, are the most arrogant asses. They are like viruses that infect all tech blogs. CNET and Google+ are getting to the point that I don't go there anymore.

Same with Macrumors forums. There's so many Android fanboys there that a post from someone who likes the iPhone gets downranked. You believe that? A Mac forum where positive Apple threads and comments get downranked.:rolleyes:

But at the same token, certain blogs crap on anything that's not iPhone. One in particular is BGR. They hail anything apple, but refuse to post anything positive about any other product. So I tend to stick to Mobile Nations as the writers and editors usually give all products a fair shake.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
However, IMHO, the forum with the most obnoxious fanboys, and really the least to brag about, is Crackberry. I know that the Mods over there try to keep a tight rein on the forums, but sometimes, it can get pretty nasty.

And they've gone on a banning spree over the weekend. Well played, CB mods. Well played. Few of them I'd like to see banned forever and not just a cooling off period.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
But at the same token, certain blogs crap on anything that's not iPhone. One in particular is BGR. They hail anything apple, but refuse to post anything positive about any other product. So I tend to stick to Mobile Nations as the writers and editors usually give all products a fair shake.

No they don't. I'm on there almost daily and probably not even half the articles there are related to Apple in any way.

generic username

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Some of your responses illustrate why Android owners are "militant," to use the OP's term. The way that many iPhone users articulate their opinion that iPhones are superior rubs Android users the wrong way. Both platforms have pros and cons. IMO, there is a bit of hypocrisy here by both camps when it comes to characterizing attitudes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods