I couldn't agree more with this post. Which is why I will soon be a Google Galaxy Nexus owner running the new Jellybean update. That is, IF it ever gets here. Currently it is being held up for shipping due to one of Apples MANY frivolous lawsuits.
    Patience Rose, i think that the lawsuit will be settled soon.
    07-12-2012 10:52 PM
    Patience Rose, i think that the lawsuit will be settled soon.
    It is my understanding that the courts are allowing Samsung to sell it again, however, I think Google is loading Jellybean on all the ones in stock before shipping it out. My email said 1-2 weeks till it ships so that means I have about one more week. :o
    07-12-2012 11:02 PM
    Oh, this is gonna be fun!

Human nature. I get something I like. Someone says : "Hey that's crap, look what I got here, I can do this and that and you don't". I get pissed. I reunite with people who bought the same device I have, and there I feel safe to wage a war against users of the other device. We hate to see somebody else having something we don't and enjoy himself.

French thinker Ren Girard argued that the fundation of society lays in archaic rituals of sacrifice. His theory relies on the idea that desire is not autonomous : it always imitates the desire of another person for an object, "mimetic desire". Thus a rivalry is created, that culminates quickly while the original object of mimetic desire is replaced by the generalized mimetism of antagonism itself - as every single soul of the tribe starts feuds of his own. With such a murderous tension hanging over, a single individual exhibiting the most frivolous difference from the rest of the tribe would suffice to trigger retaliation. The "marginal" would become the designed object of general antogonism, and the "scapegoat mechanism" would set itself into place. The sacrifice would release the tension, reunite the tribe, and thus society would evolve towards a new state, where the same pattern would begin again. What am I talking about? Read this post from the beginning : "pissy Apple users", "militant Android users", reuniting upon the sacrifice of BB users. I'm not judging anyone, I'm just about the same. But stop and take a look at the archaic being inside all of us, with advanced technology at hand. Stanley Kubrick's most spectacular ellipsis of all times, anyone?

There's that new guy where I work... electronics store sporting "Some Canadian Carrier" kiosque and selling smartphones on contract. He's all about Android, that guy. Went on and on for a month about the (then) upcoming Samsung SIII. Finally got it. The point is not that he's not thrilled with it. The point is the first week he took to "master" the device. Hilarious. Guy's been playing with Android for the past five years, and he was at a total lost regarding some functions. Hell, "Some Canadian Carrier" even offered a webinar highlighting and explaining the main features, and three different e-trainings, and some article with "easy steps" on how to introduce the SIII to a potential customer. Thing is, I outdid him in the three tests we had to take, both in time and score, and I don't even care about the device. Put it to his face. Never gonna let him forget that, for all his bragging beforehand, and it's all the more easy when every day I can see him fidgeting with it, not knowing how to fully optimize all those rocking features for his personal use... I'm not saying this is the case of any Android user, but there's some truth in that story, on certain levels.

And then there's my friend... always had a BB, always was all about PC, always hated Apple. Not the angry or militant type though, just confident in his choices... and hating Apple. Spent the day with him a couple of months ago. He had just bought the New iPad... So it was with some perverse pleasure that I said : "Well I thought you would go for a BB on this one, I heard they were going to open their market and everything...". And he answered straight : "They didn't open sweet f*** all. iPad rulz!" Still as confident, but now loving Apple.

Personnally, I don't really care what device the others are using, though I love to chat with other iPhone owners. I never had a BB, nor an Android, and I won't judge. But there's that ape inside of me that roars and inflates his chest when I see some non-Apple user's demise. I'm none the better than anyone else. Human nature...
    07-13-2012 01:05 AM
    People keep using the word "Blackberry"??? WTF is that? Am I missing something?
    07-13-2012 06:32 AM
    People keep using the word "Blackberry"??? WTF is that? Am I missing something?
    No, you're not. Soon all Blackberries will be found here, lol.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    grunt0300 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    07-13-2012 07:56 AM
    The short and sweet is...no matter what side of the fence you're approaching this question from (iPhone owners being fanboys, Android owners being militant, Blackberry owners...being blackberry owners), it's all the same...

cckgz4 likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:03 AM
    Yeap, just be glad you are using the device you are using and everything else shouldn't matter unless you work in any of those companies, rightfully.
    07-13-2012 09:35 AM
    You are a prefect example of the problem I currently have with CB. I was an avid BB user for quite a number of years and switched to the iPhone about a year ago. Now CB has a forum dedicated to the iPhone, but it seems that the people over there think it is for them to bash Apple, and when someone like me who siwtched tries to stick up for Apple, I get told to basically be quiet and go to iMore. Now you were a former iPhone user, switched to Android and I have never seen anyone from iMore say anything like that to you. To me CB has become an exclusive club in the minds of the members and non BB users just aren't welcome.
    Which is why I rarely post there any more. They call us iSheep with our iCrap and iToys and it's okay, but if one of us defends Apple or points out a problem with a post filled with misinformation, we get labeled as trolls. At least the CB mods banned a few of the abusive users earlier in the week.

Sad part was a year ago, I hated Apple. I was content with my Storm2 and it's shortcomings about the lack of support, no apps and freezing/bricking. Then the ex got an iPhone and I helped him set it up. My eyes then were opened to the glory that was Apple and how amazing the iPhone really was.
    Last edited by NobodyListenstoLaura; 07-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    07-13-2012 10:38 AM
    And there are still people out there who behave that way about their Blackberries. It has nothing to do with the phone, and everything to do with the owners. It's like religious fundamentalists. You can't tell them they're wrong, because they believe, and they don't understand why you're not swept up in their zeal.
    Sorry to play with your quote but this sums it all up. It's a belief. THey actually believe that Google cares about them. It's mostly sad...
    07-13-2012 06:43 PM
    I couldn't agree more with this post. Which is why I will soon be a Google Galaxy Nexus owner running the new Jellybean update. That is, IF it ever gets here. Currently it is being held up for shipping due to one of Apples MANY frivolous lawsuits.
    One thing about using the iPhone. I don't have to wait for my carrier to approve and release an update to the OS. I don't have to wait for Dell to approve an update for Windows, do I?
    07-14-2012 10:27 AM
    One thing about using the iPhone. I don't have to wait for my carrier to approve and release an update to the OS. I don't have to wait for Dell to approve an update for Windows, do I?
    Maybe you don't know this , but the Google Galaxy Nexus that I have is a Pure Google device which means it gets all updates first. I just got my Nexus yesterday and downloaded the new Jellybean update right out of the box.
    07-14-2012 11:39 AM
    Maybe you don't know this , but the Google Galaxy Nexus that I have is a Pure Google device which means it gets all updates first. I just got my Nexus yesterday and downloaded the new Jellybean update right out of the box.
    How is it? Just got the galaxy s3 and I like the OS but 4.8' screen is to big for me for a mobile device.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    07-14-2012 11:59 AM
    How is it? Just got the galaxy s3 and I like the OS but 4.8' screen is to big for me for a mobile device.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    I really like my unlocked Google Nexus so far. Like you I am also finding that the screen is big compared to what I am used to with the 4S, however, after using it all morning I am starting to like it a lot more. Jellybean really is awesome as far as Androids newest update goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 01:01 PM

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    congrats vietalogy - so how do you like it so far? the S3 has intrigued me to want to go look at it in VzW to see what its like. I think you have to adjust to the bigger screen, i'd actually like the larger size of the phone-things like that dont really bother me.

its funny to hear you guys talk OS's, lol. Jellybean, ice cream sandwich....sounds yummy LOL
    07-14-2012 03:41 PM
    congrats vietalogy - so how do you like it so far? the S3 has intrigued me to want to go look at it in VzW to see what its like. I think you have to adjust to the bigger screen, i'd actually like the larger size of the phone-things like that dont really bother me.

its funny to hear you guys talk OS's, lol. Jellybean, ice cream sandwich....sounds yummy LOL
    Its okay think I'm returning it soon. 4.8 screen is to big for a mobile phone for me 4' would be perfect. Android apps are not good as iOS also you need to download a antivirus app lol. Pluses about the GS3 is removable battery, memory card slot and notifications.

I have to much $ and accessories into apple so I think I'm sticking with apple for now.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    07-14-2012 05:10 PM
    its funny to hear you guys talk OS's, lol. Jellybean, ice cream sandwich....sounds yummy LOL[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
    Agreed, very yummy indeed!

Its okay think I'm returning it soon. 4.8 screen is to big for a mobile phone for me 4' would be perfect. Android apps are not good as iOS also you need to download a antivirus app lol. Pluses about the GS3 is removable battery, memory card slot and notifications.

I have to much $ and accessories into apple so I think I'm sticking with apple for now.
    Nothing wrong with that, vietalogy. At least this way you tried it and found out that it isn't for you. I can say one thing about Android devices, the battery life is gawd awful compared to my 4S. On my first charge, the battery didn't even last 11 hours. The battery went completely dead on my way home from work while I was testing out Google Maps. Then, it took 25 min on the charger before it came up to 1% so that I could view the screen. :o
    07-14-2012 07:26 PM
    I've been up down and sideways in the smartphone era. Had an OG iPhone (on tmo to) a Palm Pre (yep that one) then an Evo4G. Now I'm on a Gnex with Jelly Bean. All I want is a good experience. Most of the people on all sides want that. You will always have Fanaticism from some.

What has gotten many on the Android side so roiled of late is to the lengths Apple is going to to stop Google. If it was a head on fight with Google people would be understanding. With their tendency to go after the OEM's who have a harder time defending themselves it looks like bully tactics 101. That and the tack that Apple will if given the opportunity Patent anything not nailed down. Is just putting more vinegar in the mix.

Maybe once Apple gets Good Bloody nose in court they may rethink their strategy.

I can hope.
    07-14-2012 11:42 PM

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    If you're looking to unload that S3 I have a 32gb 4S I'd trade.
    07-15-2012 12:50 AM

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    I'm looking at the S3 and plan to buy it in a few weeks. I LOVE the screen. The removable battery is nice, but a pain in the buttocks. The removable battery is poitnless, I would go with an external battery charger instead. Less headaches. The apps are not as good, but they are slowly catching up. One solution is to keep the GS3 and get a iPad. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Android fanboys are drinking the kool-aid just as much as the Apple fanboys. I like both platforms, but when the Android fanboys start going above and beyond the products and start talking about "openess" and "choice", that's when they are getting ridiculous. Google and the phone makers are companies, just like Apple. They're in it to make money and to control the market. Both of them. So don't wax on about open source when the Android camp are throwing in locked bootloaders. Apple discourages jailbreaking too. Or how about preferential treatment for nexus devices? Don't tell me it's freedom when the OS is updated twice a year and the powers that do their best to limit it to the new phones to boost sales to keep Android in the news. And don't tell me Android is "all about choice" by forcing the consumer to either root & install a ROM to get the next update or buy a new phone. Apple is guilty of all of this too by limiting the features of the next OS on older phones- time and time again it's been shown that some of the new features can run on older hardware.

All of this sounds horrible, but when you throw in a bit of the hacker marketing magic and get the Android crowd to chant "root... root... root" as the solution to all of Android ills, it's now OK. The original Droid ads really set the tone for Android fanboys and pit them against the iPhone. It was a great bit of advertising that caught the public's attention. It's all about business, the masses here and on android forums don't get that.

Anybody who is a militant Android fanboy or a holier than thou iPhone fanboy has got suckered in by the marketing divisions at Google or Apple and are too blind to recognize that fact. Like the platform for what it is, not what it represents.
    07-15-2012 09:47 AM
    good thing you do not get "enthusiastic" about anything. i can tell
    the quote is basically sarcasm. They aren't enthusiasts. But I didn't have a nice name for them

Also I agree with who said that most people are just going through the smartphone motions to find an enjoyable experience for them. I've found that with windows phone, but the iPhone opened my eyes to what I wanted out of a phone
    Last edited by cckgz4; 07-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    07-15-2012 04:17 PM
    Out of all the tech blogs I visit on a daily basis, only Android users use the term "fanboy". iPhone users, for the most part, don't give a rats *** what other people use. Android users call everyone else, mostly iPhone users, "fanboys". But they aren't fanboys at all, right?
    07-16-2012 06:57 AM
    Out of all the tech blogs I visit on a daily basis, only Android users use the term "fanboy". iPhone users, for the most part, don't give a rats *** what other people use. Android users call everyone else, mostly iPhone users, "fanboys". But they aren't fanboys at all, right?
    Fanboy or fanboi, is a term that i first saw in the Crackberry forums, years ago, used by BB people to run down non-blackberry users. BB people really dished it out back then, when they were riding high, but now that they're going down hill, they can't take it at all.
    07-16-2012 08:05 AM
    Don't kid yourself, Apple users are just as bad. To me using the term "fandroid" is just as bad as fanboy, and this is something I see being thrown around a lot on Apple forums that I visit in reference to Android users.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    07-16-2012 08:19 AM

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    well, at least you gave it a shot to try out - :oin all honesty even if i did want to change platform to the SGS3 or whatever else, i'm like you - i have sooooo many cases for my 4S & charging accessories invested as well, and THB i'm very happy with my 4S for now as well - when i get bored(if that ever happens) THEN i'll worry about if i'm going to move onto another platform

Agreed, very yummy indeed! Click to view quoted image

Nothing wrong with that, vietalogy. At least this way you tried it and found out that it isn't for you. I can say one thing about Android devices, the battery life is gawd awful compared to my 4S. On my first charge, the battery didn't even last 11 hours. The battery went completely dead on my way home from work while I was testing out Google Maps. Then, it took 25 min on the charger before it came up to 1% so that I could view the screen. :o

Out of anything negative i've ever heard about android - battery life is one of the consistent things i continually hear. I honestly don't know much about android at all, but i'm guessing because of the larger screens & more notifications avail in the top bar that this could be the reason why ???
    My uncle has an HTC 3D something(on sprint), i forgot the name, but when he got the phone he also made sure to get the extended battery for it as well as having a charger avail in his car - he absolutely loves his device!! He's always trying to talk me into one as well, joking around of course - he knows how much i enjoy my iphone

Rose, perhaps you could look into an extended battery or a Mophie if they make one also. But then, finding a case could wind up being a real PITA with an extended battery.
    07-16-2012 08:42 AM
    Don't kid yourself, Apple users are just as bad. To me using the term "fandroid" is just as bad as fanboy, and this is something I see being thrown around a lot on Apple forums that I visit in reference to Android users.

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    TBH, anyone using any type of device that is completely brain washed & has tunnel vision of only that manufacturer is going to make rude & negative comments to someone who doesn't use their device type & see things through their eyes on how 'great' it is. I honestly NEVER understood why people get like that - so ok fine android works best for you, and blackberry is best for George & Ashleigh uses an iphone. It all comes down to what fits the users NEEDS in what they want out of their device. If those fainboys/girls, or whatever you want to call them, would finally realize this, i'm sure there would be alot less annimosity between device users (well. we could hope at least lol)
    grunt0300 likes this.
    07-16-2012 08:49 AM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD