There are grumpy blackberry users that will claim any other phone/platform are toys

And there are Apple enthusiasts that will want to pay $2000 for the next iPhone because they think the brand has cheapened from being too available

All of the "enthusiasts" tend to disgust me
    07-09-2012 10:56 PM
    There are grumpy blackberry users that will claim any other phone/platform are toys

And there are Apple enthusiasts that will want to pay $2000 for the next iPhone because they think the brand has cheapened from being too available

All of the "enthusiasts" tend to disgust me
    good thing you do not get "enthusiastic" about anything. i can tell
    07-10-2012 12:07 AM
    You losers with your iPhones. Android rulz cuz it has weather widgets!! Oh, and it's OPEN too. Whatever the hell that means.
    07-10-2012 07:26 AM
    Well, I've had a blackberry, an android device and nownim using an iPhone 4S. I liked blackberry for bbm. I like Android for the customizations and I'm still looking for a reason to really like my IPhone. But I've never knocked any of the competitors. So to make a general statement an say every android user is jealous of iPhone is ridiculous. A lot of people are completely happy not having an iPhone.
    07-10-2012 07:40 AM
    And on the same token, many people are happy not having Android. But it's damn near every single Android user that hates hearing that and gets very militant about it. I've had them all, going back to the analog cell phone days and at least I have a background to honestly say something like I know what I'm talking about.
    07-10-2012 08:02 AM
    And on the same token, many people are happy not having Android. But it's damn near every single Android user that hates hearing that and gets very militant about it. I've had them all, going back to the analog cell phone days and at least I have a background to honestly say something like I know what I'm talking about.
    I agree. I don't see what all the fighting is about. Why can't we all get along and agree that we enjoy technology.
    07-10-2012 08:28 AM
    I agree. I don't see what all the fighting is about. Why can't we all get along and agree that we enjoy technology.
    Most iPhone users think like that. But Android users do not. Android users, almost to a single person, are the most arrogant asses. They are like viruses that infect all tech blogs. CNET and Google+ are getting to the point that I don't go there anymore.

Same with Macrumors forums. There's so many Android fanboys there that a post from someone who likes the iPhone gets downranked. You believe that? A Mac forum where positive Apple threads and comments get downranked.
    07-10-2012 08:35 AM
    You losers with your iPhones. Android rulz cuz it has weather widgets!! Oh, and it's OPEN too. Whatever the hell that means.
    It means that it's a hell of a lot more customizable, if that's what you want. In my case, it WAS what i wanted, but i'm not knocking other phones. I will say this...All the forums have their "fanboys", and extreme loyalists. However, IMHO, the forum with the most obnoxious fanboys, and really the least to brag about, is Crackberry. I know that the Mods over there try to keep a tight rein on the forums, but sometimes, it can get pretty nasty.
    jclif likes this.
    07-10-2012 09:20 AM
    I would argue that Android users were doing fine on their own until Apple started all these lawsuits...
    07-10-2012 09:22 AM
    Most iPhone users think like that. But Android users do not. Android users, almost to a single person, are the most arrogant asses. They are like viruses that infect all tech blogs. CNET and Google+ are getting to the point that I don't go there anymore.

Same with Macrumors forums. There's so many Android fanboys there that a post from someone who likes the iPhone gets downranked. You believe that? A Mac forum where positive Apple threads and comments get downranked.
    But at the same token, certain blogs crap on anything that's not iPhone. One in particular is BGR. They hail anything apple, but refuse to post anything positive about any other product. So I tend to stick to Mobile Nations as the writers and editors usually give all products a fair shake.
    07-10-2012 09:22 AM
    However, IMHO, the forum with the most obnoxious fanboys, and really the least to brag about, is Crackberry. I know that the Mods over there try to keep a tight rein on the forums, but sometimes, it can get pretty nasty.
    And they've gone on a banning spree over the weekend. Well played, CB mods. Well played. Few of them I'd like to see banned forever and not just a cooling off period.
    07-10-2012 10:11 AM
    But at the same token, certain blogs crap on anything that's not iPhone. One in particular is BGR. They hail anything apple, but refuse to post anything positive about any other product. So I tend to stick to Mobile Nations as the writers and editors usually give all products a fair shake.
    No they don't. I'm on there almost daily and probably not even half the articles there are related to Apple in any way.
    07-11-2012 07:14 AM
    I would argue that Android users were doing fine on their own until Apple started all these lawsuits...
    Kinda like Apple being sued almost on an hourly basis for everything? These companies are protecting their IP.
    07-11-2012 07:15 AM
    Some of your responses illustrate why Android owners are "militant," to use the OP's term. The way that many iPhone users articulate their opinion that iPhones are superior rubs Android users the wrong way. Both platforms have pros and cons. IMO, there is a bit of hypocrisy here by both camps when it comes to characterizing attitudes.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    07-11-2012 09:32 AM
    Kinda like Apple being sued almost on an hourly basis for everything? These companies are protecting their IP.
    When was Apple last sued?
    07-11-2012 09:47 AM
    Some of your responses illustrate why Android owners are "militant," to use the OP's term. The way that many iPhone users articulate their opinion that iPhones are superior rubs Android users the wrong way. Both platforms have pros and cons. IMO, there is a bit of hypocrisy here by both camps when it comes to characterizing attitudes.
    I don't see these comments you mention. I do see many of the many militant comments the op mentions.

As far as the "openness" of Android, I find a jail broken iOS device gives me everything I want. *shrugs*
    07-11-2012 10:54 AM
    When was Apple last sued?
    There's WAY too much suing going on. These companies need to figure out how to get along and stop the constant legal battles... and since you asked, I found this interesting chart of the current patent lawsuits pending:

GPAbsinthe likes this.
    07-11-2012 11:59 AM
    This is not just limited to cell phones. I'm sure some of you have visited a gaming site or two such as IGN or 1UP. Those can get real nasty regarding Xboxes and Playstations or Call of Duty and EA Battlefield franchises.

I hear what some of you are saying. I visit the 4 main sites on mobile nations and it can get a tad bit ridiculous when someone posts any sort of criticism whether its justifiable or not.
    07-11-2012 01:02 PM
    I recently switched from Android to iOS and I dealt with crap from both sides before and after the switch. While on android, everytime i took out my phone, iphone users would talk about how great apple was and would mock me for not getting an iphone because why would anyone get anything but an iphone? I loved the android and most of the android hate I experienced was when the g1 came out. Once I was on the Nexus One, the android hate had died down a bit, but there was still blind apple love. I must admit, it was quite annoying to hear people talk about the iphone like it was a magical device that unicorns and rainbows came out of.

Once I switched to iphone, and even while in talks of switching to the iphone (4s for the camera and other personal reasons I battled with, yes. seriously battled with contemplating switching from android to iphone), I was bombarded with iphone hate and android love. People were claiming that I was switching over like the masses and will just become another mindless iphone user with no control over my phone.

It's been 3 months since the iphone and I waited forever for the 4s jailbreak. There is a huge difference between a jailbroken and unjailbroken iphone for myself. I do not regret the switch. There are still a few things I miss about android, but all in all, I am happy with my decision. I get both sides of android vs iphone, but disagree with the blatant hate for either parties.
    07-12-2012 01:05 PM
    I don't see these comments you mention. I do see many of the many militant comments the op mentions.

As far as the "openness" of Android, I find a jail broken iOS device gives me everything I want. *shrugs*
    The whole point of me switching from iPhone to Android, was that i didn't have to jailbreak, to get everything i want. Every new IOS upgrade, means waiting for a new jailbreak. My Android "out of the box", does everything that your jailbroken iPhone does. Just my opinion, folks. Everyone should use the phone that they are happiest with.
    07-12-2012 01:38 PM
    To be honest, I think Apple users are much more rabid.
    07-12-2012 02:54 PM
    To be honest, I think Apple users are much more rabid.
    I believe so because there is only one device and one OS. Within Android, there are also smaller divides between manufacturers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-12-2012 03:09 PM
    The whole point of me switching from iPhone to Android, was that i didn't have to jailbreak, to get everything i want. Every new IOS upgrade, means waiting for a new jailbreak. My Android "out of the box", does everything that your jailbroken iPhone does. Just my opinion, folks. Everyone should use the phone that they are happiest with.
    You are a prefect example of the problem I currently have with CB. I was an avid BB user for quite a number of years and switched to the iPhone about a year ago. Now CB has a forum dedicated to the iPhone, but it seems that the people over there think it is for them to bash Apple, and when someone like me who siwtched tries to stick up for Apple, I get told to basically be quiet and go to iMore. Now you were a former iPhone user, switched to Android and I have never seen anyone from iMore say anything like that to you. To me CB has become an exclusive club in the minds of the members and non BB users just aren't welcome.
    07-12-2012 04:01 PM
    You are a prefect example of the problem I currently have with CB. I was an avid BB user for quite a number of years and switched to the iPhone about a year ago. Now CB has a forum dedicated to the iPhone, but it seems that the people over there think it is for them to bash Apple, and when someone like me who siwtched tries to stick up for Apple, I get told to basically be quiet and go to iMore. Now you were a former iPhone user, switched to Android and I have never seen anyone from iMore say anything like that to you. To me CB has become an exclusive club in the minds of the members and non BB users just aren't welcome.
    That's because, in my opinion, BB is going down the tubes. They've pinned all their hopes on BB10, and if it doesn't impress enough people, RIMM will fold.
    jclif likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:02 PM
    I couldn't agree more with this post. Which is why I will soon be a Google Galaxy Nexus owner running the new Jellybean update. That is, IF it ever gets here. Currently it is being held up for shipping due to one of Apples MANY frivolous lawsuits.
    07-12-2012 10:34 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD