while I believe Trayvon could have handled the situation a lot better being a black man I will say this being a block captain myself gives me no reason to act unless I see a crime being committed. Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions, as far as Trayvon doing what Zimmerman asked was Zimmerman a cop no and if I'm out jogging or whatever just because some random guy tells me to put my hands up and turn around doesn't mean I'm going to listen just like Zimmerman didn't listen to the police. Remember thug or not black or not Trayvon was a kid by all means and yes he could have responded different but he is the one dead. And if being a stupid teenager is a crime punishable by death then our society is truly lost
    07-06-2012 10:14 AM
    while I believe Trayvon could have handled the situation a lot better being a black man I will say this being a block captain myself gives me no reason to act unless I see a crime being committed. Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions, as far as Trayvon doing what Zimmerman asked was Zimmerman a cop no and if I'm out jogging or whatever just because some random guy tells me to put my hands up and turn around doesn't mean I'm going to listen just like Zimmerman didn't listen to the police. Remember thug or not black or not Trayvon was a kid by all means and yes he could have responded different but he is the one dead. And if being a stupid teenager is a crime punishable by death then our society is truly lost
    If Trayvon responded differently, he WOULD still be alive today. He responded the way society taught him to respond, with intimidation and violence. Our society is lost, but it can still be found. "Political Correctness" is killing America. Young people (of every race, creed, and color), have absolutely no respect for the law. The bad guys are the heroes, and the good guys are vilified, and our court system needs to be overhauled, big time.
    07-06-2012 11:15 AM
    Wait now, that's the whole point of this rebuttal. When Al Sharpton and his buddies start talking trash about someone, the media "helps" the public to form a mental picture of that individual. That picture is the one that most people believe.
    Exactly! And that was the point i was trying to make. An image was formed that was based on information given that turned out not to be true.
    If someone steps forward to speak out against that picture, he or she is immediately branded as a racist.
    Not with me, but that statement is indeed true for a lot of people.
    This whole incident should never have been about race, only right and wrong.
    No doubt about it, my friend. I've said that from day one!
    The "race card", is ALWAYS played by Rev. Al, and his backers. It has bitten him in the butt before, and will again.
    Playing the race card is a tool that weakens the merits of any situation, in my opinion. It is too often used in situations where race is not even a factor and almost always causes friction. Then again, that is what the users of it want.
    Right or wrong, Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, so he followed him.
    I agree
    Trayvon saw this, and tried to jump ugly with Zimmerman.
    Speculation? Truth?
    After getting hit several times by Trayvon, Zimmerman defended himself with a licensed firearm.
    Speculation. The truth is this: an altercation occurred and George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin with a licensed handgun that he had in his possession.
    With all due respect to the Martin Family, the punk got what he deserved.
    In my opinion, that is to be determined.
    If Zimmerman was a black man too, NOBODY outside of Orange Co., Fl. would have heard about what happened. THAT is the real tragedy of this case.
    I will agree that media coverage would have remained within the State of Florida.
    The media is way too biased in these incidents.
    No doubt about it!
    This is my opinion, and i'll stand behind it!
    I respect that.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    07-06-2012 11:24 AM
    Now when a police dispatcher tells you to do something you should follow their instructions...
    A person is under no more obligation to follow instructions of a 911 dispatcher than they are to follow the instructions of some anonymous person on a web forum. 911 dispatchers have ZERO legal authority to issue any kind of instructions a person is legally obligated to follow. The "didn't follow the dispatcher" meme is yet another one of many media concocted fabrications made not to not report facts of the case - they are being made to manipulate the facts of the case, and manipulate opinion.
    07-06-2012 11:32 AM
    Well stated, but I have one problem with your comment and race is irrelevant here. Just because he or she is a kid doesn't mean he or she isn't dangerous. A weapon in the hand of a kid is no different than a weapon in the hand of an adult. I'm not saying Trayvon had a weapon or anything. I'm just focusing on your comment about him only being a kid. Besides, we've all seen kids who we thought were adults. I would not want to harm a kid but I do not want to be harmed by one either.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-06-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    07-06-2012 11:34 AM
    Just because he or she is a kid doesn't mean he or she isn't dangerous.
    Some kids can be real dangerous.

Young people (of every race, creed, and color), have absolutely no respect for the law. The bad guys are the heroes, and the good guys are vilified, and our court system needs to be overhauled, big time.
    Because of that right there. When the parents don't care or the child falls into the wrong crowd, the kids won't care because of what he's been taught. Really sad the problems we have in society.
    07-06-2012 12:04 PM
    Indeed!

Because of that right there. When the parents don't care or the child falls into the wrong crowd, the kids won't care because of what he's been taught. Really sad the problems we have in society.
    'nuf said

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-06-2012 12:28 PM

My only question is where did these children learn to do what they did? If Martin would have done what Zimmerman asked, which was hold up your hands and turn around, and if Farrow would have done what the two cops asked which was the same thing, hands up and turn around, both children would still be alive and Sharpton and Jackson would retreat to their caves and leave the rest of us alone.
    Who said Zimmerman asked Trayvon to do anything? Remember, all we're hearing is Zimmermans side of the story.
    07-06-2012 04:41 PM
    When the parents don't care or the child falls into the wrong crowd, the kids won't care because of what he's been taught.
    While I do agree with this, Laura, it hasn't been proven either way that Trayvon was a bad kid or did anything wrong that night in the first place.
    07-06-2012 04:46 PM
    The media showed old photos of Trayvon, trying to paint him as an altar boy. In real life, i believe that he was just another thug, trying to intimidate someone. He picked on the wrong person.
    Wait, what? Where did you get your facts from? Trayvon wasn't the one with the gun, Zimmerman was. I doubt very highly that a kid with a pack of skittles and a ice tea is going to be that intimidating over a guy packing heat. Sorry not buying it.....
    07-06-2012 04:56 PM
    Right or wrong, Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, so he followed him. Trayvon saw this, and tried to jump ugly with Zimmerman. After getting hit several times by Trayvon, Zimmerman defended himself with a licensed firearm. With all due respect to the Martin Family, the punk got what he deserved. If Zimmerman was a black man too, NOBODY outside of Orange Co., Fl. would have heard about what happened. THAT is the real tragedy of this case. The media is way too biased in these incidents. This is my opinion, and i'll stand behind it!
    See, there you go again referring to this kid as a punk when you are only going by what Zimmerman has said. I'm not buying the whole "Zimmerman is the victim" act. None of us were there, therefore none of us knows whether those marks that were on Zimmerman were from him defending himself or fro Trayvon fighting for his life.
    07-06-2012 05:03 PM
    Wait, what? Where did you get your facts from? Trayvon wasn't the one with the gun, Zimmerman was. I doubt very highly that a kid with a pack of skittles and a ice tea is going to be that intimidating over a guy packing heat. Sorry not buying it.....
    I never said that Trayvon had a gun. You don't need a gun to be intimidating.
    07-06-2012 08:14 PM
    See, there you go again referring to this kid as a punk when you are only going by what Zimmerman has said. I'm not buying the whole "Zimmerman is the victim" act. None of us were there, therefore none of us knows whether those marks that were on Zimmerman were from him defending himself or fro Trayvon fighting for his life.
    There you go again, assuming that Trayvon was innocent, because that's the way that the media portrayed him. The Police said that the marks on Zimmerman were consistent with somebody who was trying to defend himself. Why do you take the media's side, over that of a Police Surgeon? Don't even tell me that you buy into Rev. Al Sharpton's theory. Check the records of a case from N.Y. Tawana Brawley lied about being beaten and raped by N.Y.C Police Officers. Sharpton and his gang, whipped up a public frenzy against those officers and their families, until it was unsafe for them to stay in the state. Later, Tawana admitted that she made the whole thing up, and the officers were cleared. However, there was never, and still hasn't been an apology from Sharpton.
    07-06-2012 08:27 PM
    It all depends on your definition of "trouble". Go to L.A., and other large cities, and you'll see 13 year olds with guns. My third daughter went to college at Philly Textile ( in Fairmont Park), and i was worried about her safety, until the day that she graduated. Sorry, but i don't feel your pity. A "thug-in-training" got smoked. Too flipping bad.
    I have no words. :banghead:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-2012 08:29 PM
    Trayvon is pure as wind driven Christmas snow and as innocent as a spring lamb... go find and read Travon's twitter feed(s). They're out there. And just why was he visiting his father? He was suspended from school. Had a history of prior suspension. Trayvon is not the paragon of virtue and innocence the media picture painted. The media is driving the innocence meme and you've swallowed it.... hook, line, and sinker. Just look at pictures of the two main actors used by the media... Trayvons first pictures released were of a much younger Trayvon, all designed to drive the media's meme... while pictures of Zimmerman were not contemporary to his present appearance either, and paint a far more sinister appearance... and don't get me started on NBC News and their total hatchet-job edit of 911 tapes that completely changed the context, and portrayed Zimmerman in a completely false light.
    grunt0300 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    07-06-2012 08:31 PM
    I never said that Trayvon had a gun. You don't need a gun to be intimidating.
    Well, please explain to me exactly "how" he was intimidating because I just don't get it, sorry. Let's remember that it was Zimmerman who did the pursuing and not the other way around. If Zimmerman had done as he was told to do and waited for the police to arrive he would not be in the situation that he's in right now.

There you go again, assuming that Trayvon was innocent, because that's the way that the media portrayed him. The Police said that the marks on Zimmerman were consistent with somebody who was trying to defend himself. Why do you take the media's side, over that of a Police Surgeon? Don't even tell me that you buy into Rev. Al Sharpton's theory. Check the records of a case from N.Y. Tawana Brawley lied about being beaten and raped by N.Y.C Police Officers. Sharpton and his gang, whipped up a public frenzy against those officers and their families, until it was unsafe for them to stay in the state. Later, Tawana admitted that she made the whole thing up, and the officers were cleared. However, there was never, and still hasn't been an apology from Sharpton.
    Oh, please! I don't like, watch, or listen to any of the crap that ever comes out of that dudes mouth. I know you don't know me, but I'm a hard headed Irish woman who has always formed my own opinions about things and I stand firmly by them too. I''m not one who is influenced by others, trust me.
    07-06-2012 08:49 PM
    I know you don't know me, but I'm a hard headed Irish woman who has always formed my own opinions about things and I stand firmly by them too. I''m not one who is influenced by others, trust me.
    Yet somehow you seem to parrot the establishment media meme on this story...
    07-06-2012 08:58 PM
    Trayvon is pure as wind driven Christmas snow and as innocent as a spring lamb... go find and read Travon's twitter feed(s). They're out there. And just why was he visiting his father? He was suspended from school. Had a history of prior suspension. Trayvon is not the paragon of virtue and innocence the media picture painted. The media is driving the innocence meme and you've swallowed it.... hook, line, and sinker. Just look at pictures of the two main actors used by the media... Trayvons first pictures released were of a much younger Trayvon, all designed to drive the media's meme... while pictures of Zimmerman were not contemporary to his present appearance either, and paint a far more sinister appearance... and don't get me started on NBC News and their total hatchet-job edit of 911 tapes that completely changed the context, and portrayed Zimmerman in a completely false light.
    So being Suspended from school makes Trayvon a thug, or a really bad kid, or guilty even? WOW, I better not ever find myself on the wrong side of the law then or I'll be convicted without ever having a trial, because I was suspended from school more times then I can ever remember during my teen years. Being suspended from school doesn't make you guilty. Also, about Trayvons twitter feeds, I'm not convinced that would make him guilty either. Stupid and a show off maybe. He could have just been showing off and trying to be someone online who he really wasn't. Some kids do this all the time. If he had of lived hopefully he would have grown out of this type of behavior.
    07-06-2012 09:01 PM
    So being Suspended from school makes Trayvon a thug, or a really bad kid, or guilty even?.
    No, it doesn't. However, he certainly is not the angel the media has made him out to be. The media is telling a very slanted story.
    07-06-2012 09:06 PM
    Well, please explain to me exactly "how" he was intimidating because I just don't get it, sorry. Let's remember that it was Zimmerman who did the pursuing and not the other way around. If Zimmerman had done as he was told to do and waited for the police to arrive he would not be in the situation that he's in right now.

Oh, please! I don't like, watch, or listen to any of the crap that ever comes out of that dudes mouth. I know you don't know me, but I'm a hard headed Irish woman who has always formed my own opinions about things and I stand firmly by them too. I''m not one who is influenced by others, trust me.
    Well, i'm a very hard headed Irish man, who was brought up to respect the Police and Law Enforcement. Zimmerman must have suspected something, or he wouldn't have followed Trayvon. Now, as far as intimidation goes, you just have to act tough and swagger. I was raised in a tough section of Brooklyn, N.Y., and had to learn how to use my fists at an early age. I know all about intimidation. An Irish kid, in an Italian neighborhood, has to learn fast...and i did.
    07-06-2012 09:06 PM
    Yet somehow you seem to parrot the establishment media meme on this story...
    Oh, you're right, perhaps I should also buy into the whole "poor Mr. innocent Zimmerman" crap that everyone else seems to have bought into.

Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen. To me Zimmerman is a man who wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit him on the ***. Case in point, he LIED about his finances to get a lower bail. That puts a question in my mind right there. What else is this guy not telling the truth about?
    07-06-2012 09:09 PM
    No, it doesn't. However, he certainly is not the angel the media has made him out to be. The media is telling a very slanted story.
    Don't forget if it wasn't for the media you wouldn't have known about the suspensions in the first place. So the media can't be painting that rosy of a picture.
    07-06-2012 09:14 PM
    Well, i'm a very hard headed Irish man, who was brought up to respect the Police and Law Enforcement. Zimmerman must have suspected something, or he wouldn't have followed Trayvon. Now, as far as intimidation goes, you just have to act tough and swagger. I was raised in a tough section of Brooklyn, N.Y., and had to learn how to use my fists at an early age. I know all about intimidation. An Irish kid, in an Italian neighborhood, has to learn fast...and i did.
    Zimmerman wasn't a cop, though. Therefore he should of backed off like he was told to do, instead of playing vigilante. I don't think a swagger walk is intimidating. I'm certainly not going to run and hide because of the way a person walks.
    07-06-2012 09:22 PM
    Zimmerman wasn't a cop, though. Therefore he should of backed off like he was told to do, instead of playing vigilante. I don't think a swagger walk is intimidating. I'm certainly not going to run and hide because of the way a person walks.
    It's not just the walk. It's also the "in your face" attitude, to try and get you to back down or back away. I never said that Zimmerman was a cop. Whatever neighborhood watch training he had, or didn't have, is immaterial now. He suspected something, or he wouldn't have followed Trayvon. The 911 operator may very well have told him not to pursue, but i believe that his "gut instinct" kicked in, and he went with it. Regardless, i truly believe that when Trayvon realized that Zimmerman was on to him, he jumped Zimmerman, knocked him to the ground, and started beating on him. I also believe that Zimmerman acted in self defense, because he feared for his life. Even though Trayvon was younger than Zimmerman, he was also a lot bigger (another factor in intimidation).

As far as Zimmerman lying to get lower bail, i don't know if he had access to those web-site funds. Anyway, don't tell me that you never heard of someone lying to a judge. I don't believe that you're THAT naive.
    07-06-2012 09:46 PM
    Who said Zimmerman asked Trayvon to do anything? Remember, all we're hearing is Zimmermans side of the story.
    No, actually we're hearing the side of the story that the media is spoon feeding us. We're hearing a sensationalized version of what happened, which is making Zimmerman look guilty before he even has had his day in court. Maybe he woke up that morning and decided to shoot the first kid in a hoodie. Maybe Zimmerman has something against Skittles. The media is feeding us what they want us to hear so we'll get fired up.

Wasn't Zimmerman's photo the one from several years ago when he was arrested for something? They have yet to show him as the businessman he was. The only photo I've ever seen of him was a mug shot from an arrest - thereby making him out to be a low life jackwagon who goes around shooting kids with Skittles.
    kch50428 and grunt0300 like this.
    07-09-2012 10:12 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD