Need some advice on which device...

xcsdm

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
I recently gave up my iPhone 4S 32GB. It was a great device. I decided to switch to Android because I became bored with iOS. I've seen several articles about this lately, it's the same interface from 5 years ago. Very little has changed, as far as interface.

I picked up the HTC One X. Also, not a bad device, as long as you don't rely on WiFi. The "death grip" on this phone affects WiFi from 100% signal, to nothing, just holding the phone. Now, I'm waiting for the Galaxy S III. Sort of...

I'd love to get your opinions on what you would do if you were me.
I'm bored with iOS
I like ICS
I like the SD card and ability to use phone as a flash drive
I miss a lot of my apps (Carcassonne, Hero Academy, Ascension, Nightfall, etc.)
I have an iPad, it's just not as convenient for quick async game play.

I'm torn. Some of these apps may make it to Android. I'm such a techie person that I like the customization, widgets, etc that Android can supply. And I like the Apps that the App Store can supply.

Your opinions are appreciated,
XC

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently gave up my iPhone 4S 32GB.
No problem. It happens.
It was a great device.
It still is..;)
I decided to switch to Android because I became bored with iOS. I've seen several articles about this lately, it's the same interface from 5 years ago. Very little has changed, as far as interface.
There are others who also find iOS boring and you're right, very little has changed in regard to the user interface. Still, the iPhone sells like hot cakes so the user interface is not an issue to a majority, in my opinion, but I understand your viewpoint.

I picked up the HTC One X.
Nice!
Also, not a bad device, as long as you don't rely on WiFi. The "death grip" on this phone affects WiFi from 100% signal, to nothing, just holding the phone.
Now that sucks!
Now, I'm waiting for the Galaxy S III. Sort of...
What do you mean "sort of...". Either you are or you aren't. ;)

I'd love to get your opinions on what you would do if you were me.
I'm bored with iOS
I like ICS
I like the SD card and ability to use phone as a flash drive
I miss a lot of my apps (Carcassonne, Hero Academy, Ascension, Nightfall, etc.)
I have an iPad, it's just not as convenient for quick async game play.

I'm torn. Some of these apps may make it to Android. I'm such a techie person that I like the customization, widgets, etc that Android can supply. And I like the Apps that the App Store can supply.

Your opinions are appreciated,
XC
From My interpretation of your post, your heart is clearly with an Android device so go for it. There is nothing wrong with switching from an iPhone to an Android device and vice versa and you don't have to explain yourself to anyone here at iMore. It is YOUR money and YOUR choice. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
@JustMe'D: you have the best responses to everyone. Your demeanor is awesome. I love that you treat everyone with respect and are genuinely polite and kind to all people on here. It's refreshing. I don't like how some people use the Internet to belittle others just because they can. So thank you.

@OP: I think you should check out the SGS3. I've heard of those issues with the One X, and that would be a deal breaker for me. I love both platforms, and am actually considering going back to Android for an SGS3 for some of those reasons that you state. I'm slightly bored with my 4S and like to tinker. But it will be REALLY hard to give up such a great functioning device. Good luck out there and just make sure whatever you get is what YOU want. Not what we, or anyone else, tells you to get.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@JustMe'D: you have the best responses to everyone. Your demeanor is awesome. I love that you treat everyone with respect and are genuinely polite and kind to all people on here. It's refreshing. I don't like how some people use the Internet to belittle others just because they can. So thank you. ...(snipped)...

Thank you very much. :) I appreciate it. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2