I'm in the market for a Macbook Air and have been researching/monitoring websites for 2012 refresh info.

I was checking out Best Buy's online store and if I didn't know better, I'd say they're clearing inventory to make room for some new stuff. They are currently only offering 1 MBA model (13" w/ 4G RAM, 256 SSD). So either they're out(unlikely) or, they are due to recieve some new stock. Macbook Air 2012?

Just an observation.
    04-18-2012 09:58 AM
    I'm in the market for a Macbook Air and have been researching/monitoring websites for 2012 refresh info.

I was checking out Best Buy's online store and if I didn't know better, I'd say they're clearing inventory to make room for some new stuff. They are currently only offering 1 MBA model (13" w/ 4G RAM, 256 SSD). So either they're out(unlikely) or, they are due to recieve some new stock. Macbook Air 2012?

Just an observation.
    It could be a Best Buy thing or it could be an Apple thing. Typically, the whole supply line starts to "dry up" as the first part of the refresh cycle. We see it with all of Apple's products, most recently with the iPad2.

My local Best Buy still has 3 models in stock, but they're down to just a couple units of each, according the the Apple guy who works in that store...He claims that he doesn't know anything until Apple officially announces it, and based on my experience with him, I think he's telling the truth... so I guess we just have to wait and see...
    04-18-2012 10:31 AM
    Best Buy is in the process of closing 50 stores so any inventory moves COULD be a result of that issue.
    04-18-2012 11:00 AM
    Best Buy is in the process of closing 50 stores so any inventory moves COULD be a result of that issue.
    That. And if you live near one of the stores on the "close-it" list - near the end, there may be some bargains to be had.
    04-18-2012 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD