Do you sort contacts by first or last name?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have custom ringtones for some folks too, and his is the mission impossible theme, cause I KNOW when he's calling me directly it's some crazy impossible thing he wants done.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I had my previous phones, first. With the iphone, last. It happened that way because of the default at first, but I decided to keep it because my family is all together sorted by last name, as are the inlaws. Works just as well either way.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
You can change the order by going into Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar> scroll down to Contacts settings and you can change from the to First, Last or Last, First :)

6c14fbdf-c587-974a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
First name. That's what I'm used to because every phone i've owned sorted them that way. I usually don't enter full names in my contacts

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Always by last name. It groups relatives together and there's no confusion when somebody has a nickname (like Bob under "B" or Robert under "R"?)

FendrGuitPlayr

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I sort by last names, but with iCloud I need to keep editing the contacts as it
lists/duplicates them in all kinds of ways. One of these days, I'll have all my contacts and
photo streams organized!

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Last Name, but who cares? I never use the address book anyway. The best way to interact with the iPhone, IMO, is Spotlight! This is what I use to look for everything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2