iPhone 4: To Sell or not to sell, THAT is the question

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On Sunday I bought a 4S. It's a 32 GB which is twice the capacity of my 4. I put an ad on Craigslist and have gotten some hits. I'm not torn because even though it'll be sitting in the box in a drawer, I don't want to sell it. I don't need the cash or anything but I was considering buying a Razr to try out with the money I get for the 4.

Any have a 4, get a 4S but sell/keep their 4?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
On Sunday I bought a 4S. It's a 32 GB which is twice the capacity of my 4. I put an ad on Craigslist and have gotten some hits. I'm not torn because even though it'll be sitting in the box in a drawer, I don't want to sell it. I don't need the cash or anything but I was considering buying a Razr to try out with the money I get for the 4.

Any have a 4, get a 4S but sell/keep their 4?

That's never a question for me... I have 5 lines on my AT&T account (wife, 2 kids, one kid-in-law). When ever I get a new device, they line up an beg for the old one. Even though I almost always buy the new device, I never have any of the previous laying around... they only come back to me broken or when they are 5 generations old. (Got a box of old BlackBerrys if anyone is interested) :)

I would only add that IF you do decide to sell it, sell it now while there's still some value... once the next version is released, the 2-gen old devices aren't worth as much...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I always sell my old devices. I don't see the point in keeping it unless its a backup.

And what is a kid in law???

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I always sell my old devices. I don't see the point in keeping it unless its a backup.

And what is a kid in law???

lol, probably one of his kids are married, hence having a kid in law (son/daughter -in law) i guess ???

As for selling or keeping - i still have 2 of my previous bb's (8330 my 1st one, and 9650 my last one) i've kept them when i upgraded to my 4S in Nov. 'just in case' BUT they've been doing nothing but sitting in boxes - i never have any plans to return to the bb platform again, so at some point i will donate them to Verizon. I'm not worried about being able to sell them - i'll be happy enough on donating so that someone else can benefit from them:)

Now if i was upgrading from my 4S to say the 5 when it came out - i would keep my 4S as a back up or give it to one of my kids, or perhaps even my Dad would like it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Cool, cool!

Selling is normally what I do to offset the cost of new devices so as not to catch a beat down from the wife about my device fetish. Since I've tried all the new devices (in 3 weeks had Razr and Nexus) I'm not selling for that purchase. Just because I don't really need a backup because I'm Otterbox'ed and normally take great care of my devices.

I'm supposed to be getting $300 from a guy after work today or trading another guy for a Razr (great device) on Sunday. Either way, I'm sure the 4 won't make it through the weekend. LOL

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
lol, probably one of his kids are married, hence having a kid in law (son/daughter -in law) i guess ???

As for selling or keeping - i still have 2 of my previous bb's (8330 my 1st one, and 9650 my last one) i've kept them when i upgraded to my 4S in Nov. 'just in case' BUT they've been doing nothing but sitting in boxes - i never have any plans to return to the bb platform again, so at some point i will donate them to Verizon. I'm not worried about being able to sell them - i'll be happy enough on donating so that someone else can benefit from them:)

Now if i was upgrading from my 4S to say the 5 when it came out - i would keep my 4S as a back up or give it to one of my kids, or perhaps even my Dad would like it.

don't donate them to those blood sucking leeches .... sell them on ebay lol get some cash for those paperweights lol

(side note... first post from my new iPad 3... woot woot.. this thing is amazing lol ok i'm done haha)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I have donated some older devices to the local women's shelter...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
don't donate them to those blood sucking leeches .... sell them on ebay lol get some cash for those paperweights lol

(side note... first post from my new iPad 3... woot woot.. this thing is amazing lol ok i'm done haha)

Cleveland, as much as it would sound good to sell them for a few bucks on ebay - id' rather donate them TBH. Maybe not directly to Verizon, but like Fausty has mentioned, i may be able to find an organization that i can donate them to for someone less fortunate so that they can benefit from them. Perhaps a call to my local PD will have some place they can direct me to:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro