Will Apple Loosen Up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't hear complaints? lol...then what the hell is this thread about? Again, since you seem to be back tracking the "debate" to fit your agenda now, i'll just leave this comment here again...the iPhone is fully capable of an extensive level of customizing. Period.
What agenda is that? All I hear you doing is spouting off every time someone says you can't customize an iPhone. Funny how anytime someone in any given thread disagrees with you, you start in on them having an agenda. I think you are the one with an agenda here......

As far as me being dense...i simply pointed out that the entire thread discusses the ability to customize the iPhone, someone asked what it can't do that the Android can and you spouted off with a bunch of stuff that the iPhone IS in fact capable of, then features of the hardware (if you want to go there, prepare for a very long list on the iPhone side). I think you're upset because you know I'm right about the customization abilities of the iPhone, so instead of focusing on the stuff you knew id come back on, you had to go start listing physical attributes of an android handset...

The question in the original post didn't have to do with whether the iPhone was capable of these things, it was, will Apple loosen up and allow these things. I'm not arguing the fact that the iPhone isn't capable of these things because as a jailbreaker I have these things now and am fully aware that it is. Now I will debate on whether or not Apple will allow them as I fully believe they won't, period. If they were going to, Apple would have incorporated a lot of these features into iOS a LONG time ago.

You people act like a jailbreak is brain surgery...something that is simply out of the realm of capabilities for anyone besides the most seasoned user. That is simply hilarious.
"YOU PEOPLE", really, Sean? I don't think I even implied that anyone "couldn't" or simply "weren't" capable of jailbreaking their iPhones IF they wanted to. I suspect that a lot of people are quite happy with the iPhone the way it is currently and also don't know what they are missing as far as customizing goes if they have never used another platform.

Now go take some midol sweetheart. Calm down. :)
Tell ya what, I'll take a midol just as soon as you get back on your Adderall , bro.... :D

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had it correct, thanks. "Mindless Dribble" just for your own reference: Urban Dictionary: mindless dribble ;)

I'm just gonna leave that down there for you...also, as far as this conversation goes...

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...i realize now that we basically agreed with the whole jail breaking thing from the beginning of this thread. Why did you continue debating me? haha, i kept retorting to other people's comments yet for some reason you kept thinking it was towards you?

Hugs? :eek:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
lol...i realize now that we basically agreed with the whole jail breaking thing from the beginning of this thread. Why did you continue debating me? haha, i kept retorting to other people's comments yet for some reason you kept thinking it was towards you?

Hugs? :eek:

I mentioned in a prior post that you and I agreed on this, Sean. Also, I'm not sure how or why this got out of hand but I'm willing to drop it since we are technically on the same side of the fence on this topic.

Have a nice weekend. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, the amount of people that jailbreak their iOS device is substantial, and i believe the "majority" of people WOULD jailbreak their device if they understood clearly that there's really no downside to it AT ALL.
I'm in totally agreement with you on that.
People have this false sense that a jailbreak is going to damage their phone, primarily because misinformed and uneducated people spread rumors about it that are simply BS.
For the most part, I agree, but there are risks and for a lot of people, the term, "jaibreaking" does not inspire confidence...lol

Hell, my mom, who is a complete tech retard has her iPhone jailbroken and is a pretty seasoned user of Cydia now, showing me a pretty awesome home screen layout she setup the other day that i didn't think her capable of. That tells me this "majority wouldn't blah blah blah" is a load of crap.
I hear ya, but, as you've stated above, until they grasp the concept of jaibreaking, the majority will maintain a stock device, in my opinion. Personally, my iPhone 4S is not jail broken and I have no intent to jailbreak it. Not because I'm afraid to do so because I'm not. After rooting my Android devices and customizing them every way they could be customized, I simply don't have the desire to do so with my iPhone. Anyway, I apologize for the slow reply. I'm reading "The Third Option" by Vince Flynn on my Nook Touch ereader and I'm almost at the end. Great book, by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is me.

This is it.

This is me >-----< over it.

This thread has run its course. The debate has devolved to who is reading whose posts closely enough.

Thank you all for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.