Have we drunk too much Kool-Aid?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you think or agree that any of us Apple junkies are guilty of drinking too much Kool aid and becoming full of our own proverbial superiority - I came over from another forum which I'll leave nameless - I'm not posting to bash BUTTTT

since I still go frequent there once it a while, it's become apparent to me it does go on in other forums - and I dread the day that happens here ... granted don't get me wrong I'd expect favoritism - but there's a huge difference besides favoring something and being completely close minded and full of your own self thought superiority

Thoughts - Opinions - Shenanigans - Philosphies anyone ??

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Like with any other community...some people are open minded technology lovers, and others are fan boys. We have plenty of them here, but the biggest difference i've noticed between major Apple fans and fans of other brands is that Apple fans are usually content enough with their gear to where they don't feel the need to go troll other boards...i can't say the same for other brand fans, lol.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that we have drank too much of the "KoolAid". Every platform has Extreme fan boys/girls that are obsessed with the platform that they support. Once you find a platform that works for you; you will support it until something else comes along. I have been on every platform but blackberry; and to me apple fits my needs. I wanted a sustainable device that won't be cast into exile after a few months. Apple is great there are things I miss from my Android but not enough to make me switch back. Apple takes everything to the next level and makes it perfection.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Like with any other community...some people are open minded technology lovers, and others are fan boys. We have plenty of them here, but the biggest difference i've noticed between major Apple fans and fans of other brands is that Apple fans are usually content enough with their gear to where they don't feel the need to go troll other boards...i can't say the same for other brand fans, lol.

Lol it's a pretty safe assumption we both know who you're talking about ;)

I don't think that we have drank too much of the "KoolAid". Every platform has Extreme fan boys/girls that are obsessed with the platform that they support. Once you find a platform that works for you; you will support it until something else comes along. I have been on every platform but blackberry; and to me apple fits my needs. I wanted a sustainable device that won't be cast into exile after a few months. Apple is great there are things I miss from my Android but not enough to make me switch back. Apple takes everything to the next level and makes it perfection.

Sent from HIS WORLD on my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Support is one thing, fan boyism is a another - BUT becoming so full of your own fan boyism that you actually believe (what very well could be obsolete and dated technology per se) your own superiority is a whole different level

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sure, it goes on. Some people just have to be "right" regardless of the topic, platform, etc. etc. I hate visiting the "other" forum that you mention because of it, which is sad 'cause I still think the phones are cool. Totally different, but cool. The only thing that stops me from having one of each of ALL technologies is money and common sense...in that order! :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I remain neutral to all platforms. You find something that works for you and enjoy it. I've always enjoyed using my itouch & iPad while I still had my blackberry. Until Nov when I was just sick of the constant maintenance my bb needed - I no longer enjoyed it. I was thrilled to switch to an iPhone, and well, I'm completely 'sold' if you want to call it that. I can honestly say from now on, I will be happy to stay with the iPhone. Do I go trolling on other forums to speak of my new found happiness? Nope. I come to iMore only, and I no longer visit that other site. Period. I will admit I've poked my head in a couple of times since December, but that's about it. I still see the SOS going on there & I have no desire what so ever to be a part of that. Not even the little Apple sub forum they have going. No thanks I'll pass. Also, you will not find me bashing any other platforms or saying that iOS is the best either. Is it the best for me? :)Yes. For someone else, it may not be.

So, I guess if you wanna say that I drank too much kool aid, then cool, Go ahead, I'm ok with that:) because I'm secure in knowing that I'm using a smartphone/platform that I'M throughly happy with performance wise indeed:D even without a jailbreak:p LOL :D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sure, it goes on. Some people just have to be "right" regardless of the topic, platform, etc. etc. I hate visiting the "other" forum that you mention because of it, which is sad 'cause I still think the phones are cool. Totally different, but cool. The only thing that stops me from having one of each of ALL technologies is money and common sense...in that order! :D

I remain neutral to all platforms. You find something that works for you and enjoy it. I've always enjoyed using my itouch & iPad while I still had my blackberry. Until Nov when I was just sick of the constant maintenance my bb needed - I no longer enjoyed it. I was thrilled to switch to an iPhone, and well, I'm completely 'sold' if you want to call it that. I can honestly say from now on, I will be happy to stay with the iPhone. Do I go trolling on other forums to speak of my new found happiness? Nope. I come to iMore only, and I no longer visit that other site. Period. I will admit I've poked my head in a couple of times since December, but that's about it. I still see the SOS going on there & I have no desire what so ever to be a part of that. Not even the little Apple sub forum they have going. No thanks I'll pass. Also, you will not find me bashing any other platforms or saying that iOS is the best either. Is it the best for me? :)Yes. For someone else, it may not be.

So, I guess if you wanna say that I drank too much kool aid, then cool, Go ahead, I'm ok with that:) because I'm secure in knowing that I'm using a smartphone/platform that I'M throughly happy with performance wise indeed:D even without a jailbreak:p LOL :D

Sounds like we all came from the same place - I still poke my head in once in a while and if I see something absolutely absurd I'll throw in an actual fact but that's it - I won't lie I like proving someone is wrong sometimes lol ;)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like we all came from the same place - I still poke my head in once in a while and if I see something absolutely absurd I'll throw in an actual fact but that's it - I won't lie I like proving someone is wrong sometimes lol ;)

Nothing wrong with "proving" it! ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was leery of joining this forum initially because I assumed the people who frequent this forum were like the snobby elitists that frequent the Apple store. Thank GOD My assumptions proved to be incorrect. For the most part, I've observed that many of the people that post here are very helpful and knowledgeable and as others have already stated, there are both fanboys/girls and tech enthusiasts here. With that in mind, I'd say that "not all of us" have consumed too much of the Apple kool-aid, but we all have taken a sip.

Just Me, D

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of apple and tried a windows phone for about four months. It is a really cool os, but still needs to evolve.

I think it has a legitimate shot stay around for a while, and I might go back at some point if I get bored with ios again.

As far bashing goes, the new Ssung commercials are pretty accurate in the fanboy side of apple. Pretty funny.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's nice to see other members who feel like I do - I was just curious here since I do pop my head in other forums and shake my head and stare in disbelief at some if the things I read from members there lol wow

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

:) yea, i think alot of us here can from 'there' and hey, theres nothing wrong with you posting an actual fact thats true when someone else is posting bs just to bash.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
:) yea, i think alot of us here can from 'there' and hey, theres nothing wrong with you posting an actual fact thats true when someone else is posting bs just to bash.

My favorite two "iMessage is a failure" and the "iPhone doesn't do push email" lmao - those crack me up

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an Ios user, but I'm a member of every site on the Mobile Nations Network. I'm on here almost daily. I like to keep up to date on all mobile OS, not just the one I use. I've never bashed IOS on here.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting a little sick of all the kool-aid drinkers. Especially with some of the staff of iMore hopping on the bandwagon. I've called them out in a couple of their blog posts and my comments get deleted and now I'm apparently blocked from leaving comments all together. I feel that I followed their disclaimer to the T.

Note: Comments must be civil, respectful, and on-topic. If a comment does not add to the conversation, if it contains spam advertising, or inappropriate language or content, it will be removed. Comments containing links may be held for moderation. Relax, enjoy, and share in the discussion.

I was civil, respectful, and on-topi, etc, etc. All I did was express my disapointment with the direction that iMore is going with their fanboism.

Like I said in my comment on one of the Samsung dissing blogs posts, I don't come here to read about Android. I come here to read about iDevices. If I want to read about Android, then I'll click the conveniently located link to Android Central.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well not to flame here but so far you're the only one who feels this way, I've seen the iMore staff be very lenient when it comes to things of this nature, hell we had an apparent troll who was blocked and made a new name and came back and many of us here KNEW it - all the facts remained apparent and they watched closely without assuming - so unless you can post some factual evidence here I'm going to at BS - I came from a forum FULL OF KOOL AID DRINKERS two years ago ... So proof please or it didn't happen like you say it did - don't mean to flame here but like anything else that's hard to believe - proof or it didn't happen

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well not to flame here but so far you're the only one who feels this way, I've seen the iMore staff be very lenient when it comes to things of this nature, hell we had an apparent troll who was blocked and made a new name and came back and many of us here KNEW it - all the facts remained apparent and they watched closely without assuming - so unless you can post some factual evidence here I'm going to at BS - I came from a forum FULL OF KOOL AID DRINKERS two years ago ... So proof please or it didn't happen like you say it did - don't mean to flame here but like anything else that's hard to believe - proof or it didn't happen

If your response is for CrzyP, I must be missing something because, after reading his/her post, I didn't find anything wrong with it. He/she stated that he/she was tired of the kool-aid drinkers and then gave a brief example of how he was temporarily prevented from posting after respectfully stating an opinion in regard to the direction in which imore was heading. Your reply, *if* it is regarding CrzyP's comments, appear to be of disbelief and you're demanding proof. In my opinion, he/she didn't state anything so grand to where proof is needed, but that's just me. I'm not flaming you or anything. At least that's not my intent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I drink too much of are Wine Coolers on a Friday night! :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello friend! Lol! :D

Hi.
drinking-43.gif