So my mom is a total non-techy. Actually pretty bad with technology actually. My dad got her an iPhone and an iPad for Christmas this year. Thing is she doesn't use either of them much at all and it's starting to hurt my dad's feelings. So I want to download a bunch of apps that will get her interested in both devices. I figured I would sign her up for Instagram so she can share photos but what else? What are the essential must have apps for a 60 something retired mom from the LA burbs?
    Last edited by MunchkinD13; 01-26-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    01-26-2012 04:30 PM
    Have her get on Path. She knows a few people on their.
    01-26-2012 04:40 PM
    Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought of that. Do they have an iPad app or just iPhone?
    01-26-2012 04:48 PM
    how about a word search game? Search Star word search, and it's free too !! Or perhaps Words with Friends if there's someone she can play a game with too !!
    01-26-2012 05:19 PM
    I will look that up. Thanks. I suggested WWF & HWF but she is the worst speller (guess that's where I get it from) so she won't even try either of them. She knows a ton of people who play WWF too.
    01-26-2012 05:22 PM
    Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought of that. Do they have an iPad app or just iPhone?
    It's for iPhone but she can load it on iPad but it just wont be in full screen format. Well she can put it in full screen but doesn't look so good.
    01-26-2012 06:10 PM
    I will look that up. Thanks. I suggested WWF & HWF but she is the worst speller (guess that's where I get it from) so she won't even try either of them. She knows a ton of people who play WWF too.
    well, hey, you can put it this way...it could actually help your mom to spell better. And while she plays, if you spell a word wrong when you go to submit your play, it will tell you the word is not usable.

So, maybe worth a shot to try anyway. The free version and if she does well with it, you can move on to the paid version
    01-26-2012 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD