I am currently looking to get a laptop bag. I am looking to spend between $30-$60. The main PC that would be used would be a Lenovo T420 which is my work computer. I would also like to have it be able to carry pencils, pens, a clipboard, and perhaps a "letter sized" notepad. I'm looking for the business professional look, so black mostly without any crazy designs. I've been googling and searching for a few days. Does anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    01-02-2012 09:57 AM
    I don't have a particular one in mind but what I usually do is go down to my local Staples, Office Depot, BestBuy, etc... and try to find one that I may like. Then I check online for user reviews and for lower prices for that particular brand. Hope that helps.
    01-02-2012 11:17 AM
    Il bean has nice ones.
    InTheRed likes this.
    01-02-2012 11:57 AM
    01-02-2012 01:28 PM
    I am currently looking to get a laptop bag. I am looking to spend between $30-$60. The main PC that would be used would be a Lenovo T420 which is my work computer. I would also like to have it be able to carry pencils, pens, a clipboard, and perhaps a "letter sized" notepad. I'm looking for the business professional look, so black mostly without any crazy designs. I've been googling and searching for a few days. Does anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    This might go beyond your budget but get you the design (function, not fashion show) and quality I demand as a network and systems engineer always on the move. I see Timbuk2 has a 50% off sale on some models.

Shop for a Messenger Bag, Backpack, Tote Bag, iPad Sleeve, Kindle Sleeve, Laptop Bag, Pannier Bag, Camera Bag, Diaper Bag, Customize a Bag, Timbuktu or Create a Custom Bag Made In the Mission District, San Francisco - Timbuk2 Bags

I have the Command and Commute series and use the messenger bags for tools, bulk and sometimes carrying laptop within.

The department and super stores are usually carrying junk by comparison.
    01-02-2012 01:49 PM
    That's something to look at. Thanks!
    01-02-2012 02:07 PM
    +1 on Timbuktu - rock solid products. I'm using a 5.11 Tactical Rush 24 backpack these days - i use mass transit and the Rush holds laptop, IPAD, gym clothes, lunch and a variety of misc stuff. That said, 5.11 kit is more military in design.
    01-04-2012 09:39 AM
    Il bean has nice ones.
    LL Bean Heatwave was the winner!
    01-05-2012 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD