Holiday recipes?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
What are you guys going to make for the holidays? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I like to change things up. Even two giant turkey meals in a row, if they're exactly the same, is too many.

I've done chinese five spice turkey, Jamaican jerk turkey, and Italian garlic turkey over the last few years. Not sure what to make this year yet.

Also been varying it up between potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash, though this year I'm kind of craving garlic mash with a healthy dose of parmesan.

Haven't done biscuits in a while either... or corn bread...

Decisions, decisions!

rizwan_seopro

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
the holiday recipes is very wonderful for the ladies in cooking manner. i like also because my many friends found of cooking so keep it up have a very nice day sir.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Chestnut Stuffing

There are no exact measurements, it's a taste as you go extravaganza ;)

Ground Beef- chop it up really fine and fry it up
Chestnuts- Unshell and chop, add to the frying ground beef
Onions- chop up and add as much or as little as you desire
Celery- same as the onions

You can stuff it in the turkey, or eat it after its done, these ingredients together just work perfectly :)

Enjoy

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This year I'm going to brine my turkey with Emeril Lagasse's famous seasonings, and then roast it, and a turkey feast can't be complete without the regular trimmings like stuffing, smashed potato, butternut squash with brown sugar and butter glazed in the oven, beans, corn, carrots, fresh baked bread, gravy and home made cranberry sauce. Also some bacon wrapped water chestnuts and shrimp cocktail for apps! Mmmmm I'm getting hungry....

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Deboning the turkey this year.

Will roll rice/apple stuffing inside the deboned turkey with breast meat outside and deboned leg and thigh meat inside.

Should cook a 20 pound bird in 90 minutes. Every slice has white meat, dark meat and stuffing :)

USOApps

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Recently I have found an interesting recipe but have not tryed it yet. I think it would be very delicious!
Marinade for turkey (or chiken) :
mustard 4 tablespoons
0.5 cup of ketchup
a little bit of mayonnaise
100 ml of soy sauce
salt
pepper
curry
Coat a bird with this mirinade, leave it for 12 hours.
You should bake it in the oven. After 1 hour open the oven, pour the Juice of half of an orange on the bird and bake for another 30 minutes with low temperature)))

sarahyoung75

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
What are you guys going to make for the holidays? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I like to change things up. Even two giant turkey meals in a row, if they're exactly the same, is too many.

I've done chinese five spice turkey, Jamaican jerk turkey, and Italian garlic turkey over the last few years. Not sure what to make this year yet.

Also been varying it up between potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash, though this year I'm kind of craving garlic mash with a healthy dose of parmesan.

Decisions, decisions!

Sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash are pretty high on my holiday recipes list. Other winter squash in a dish or baked all alone makes me happy either way. Of course, a nice, smoked turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and some gravy in a sandwich are really really good too!!.

sarahyoung75

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Decisions, decisions!

I like turkey with gravy with cranberry sauce and stuffing. This is my favorite holiday dish. Pumpkin pie is the traditional Thanksgiving dessert. I prefer to make green been casserole and mash potatoes in my holiday recipes. I like ham too. Thanks for sharing this information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW