Dog Collar

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Ok random idea, was wondering if any of you might know if something like this exists.. Lol.. So my fianc?e and I want to get a miniature pinscher or chihuahua, but she also wants a guard dog.. I had an idea that a collar with a microphone on it to amplify and deepen the pitch of the little dog's bark could probably scare away anyone it needed to! Lol! Anyone know if anything like this exists or how I could make something like this? Haha

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of anything exactly like you're talking about, but they do make barking dog door alarms.

I'm thinking, if you did strap something like that on a little dog, you'd probably give him/her a heart attack the first time it barked! Lol!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok random idea, was wondering if any of you might know if something like this exists.. Lol.. So my fianc?e and I want to get a miniature pinscher or chihuahua, but she also wants a guard dog.. I had an idea that a collar with a microphone on it to amplify and deepen the pitch of the little dog's bark could probably scare away anyone it needed to! Lol! Anyone know if anything like this exists or how I could make something like this? Haha

Get both. I have a pitbull, and a chihuahua, and they get along wonderfully. They are always sharing the pit's bed. It's actually really cute, and we have the best of both worlds. Who would have thought, a 75lb dog is best friends with a 5lb dog.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, my chihuahua never barks.
Funny story though, my friends have a bulldog and recently rescued another dog and he has a barking issue, so they got him one of those citronella collars. He learned quick and stopped barking. The bulldog hates the new dog, and somehow figured out the collar is correcting the new dog, and now the bulldog sets off the new dogs collar all day. He just sits next to him and barks. Poor guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough, my chihuahua never barks.
Funny story though, my friends have a bulldog and recently rescued another dog and he has a barking issue, so they got him one of those citronella collars. He learned quick and stopped barking. The bulldog hates the new dog, and somehow figured out the collar is correcting the new dog, and now the bulldog sets off the new dogs collar all day. He just sits next to him and barks. Poor guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! That's awesome! Well...not for the new guy, I guess!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro