just finished reading this book on my Kindle Fire.. I'm not generally one for biographies, but I must say, this was a really good book. Having just recently been indoctrinated into the iPhone family, my only previous Apple products have been a couple of iPods.

I have to admit, I didn't really know much about Steve Jobs before I read this book, as i'm sure many of us will admit, except that he was "Apple." It's interesting for me while reading the book to pick up my iPod Mini, the iPod Nano or my iPod shuffle and think of how many time Steve had held these, contemplated their design, etc to make them what they are and what I was holding. Same for my new iPhone 4S (although I'm not sure how much he was involved with the design of it).

It sure gave me a different perspective of the man and a new appreciation for all things APPLE....
    missfoks and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    11-27-2011 06:14 PM
    He was heavily involved in the iPhone 4S design as well as the next update according to Apple. But I know for sure he talked about the 4S in the book which I also read (Siri). He was an amazing man although I'm sure I couldn't have worked for him I hate being micromanaged.
    11-27-2011 08:01 PM
    Reading the book made me wonder that how many 'coincidences' made Steve Jobs the man he became. Fate had a major role also..
    11-27-2011 08:04 PM
    It's a really great bio. I think there is a rather honest and balanced portrayal. The author tried to talk to many individuals to get different accounts of stories, and I think it pays off. One of the best bios I have read.
    11-27-2011 08:35 PM
    I am about 2/3's of the way through the book! It's an excellently written biography. I too don't usually like biographies but this one is engaging! I also am enjoying the history of Apple that I am learning along the way. Less than half way through I said: "That's it I need a Mac computer" I am now glad to report I am typing this message from my new MacBook Pro.

Apple truly is an awesome company and I hope it continues to be, without Steve Jobs at the reigns!!
    12-11-2011 10:26 AM
    haven't finished the book yet. Steve Jobs is a great man! Wish he was still alive and bring us more perfect products.
    missfoks likes this.
    12-12-2011 04:11 AM
    I'm also reading iCon: Steve Jobs by Jeffery Young. Follows a lot of the same story lines as the other book, but from a little different perspective.
    12-19-2011 09:20 PM
    Thanks for your input on this book Rockdog. I just started reading books on my iPhone this past week, it's not something I ever got into on my iPad and idk why, lol. But I may have to give this a look and dwld it to my iPhone
    12-19-2011 09:47 PM
    I learned many things from this book. Like 'Team FDA' (only people who read the book will know what I'm talking about haha)
    12-19-2011 10:32 PM
    Thanks for your input on this book Rockdog. I just started reading books on my iPhone this past week, it's not something I ever got into on my iPad and idk why, lol. But I may have to give this a look and dwld it to my iPhone

I think you'll enjoy it.

So what's next on the iPhone Book of the Month Club?

I use the Kindle App to read my books on my iPhone as well. Although I much prefer to read them on my Kindle Fire...
    12-20-2011 11:38 AM
    I think you'll enjoy it.

So what's next on the iPhone Book of the Month Club?

I use the Kindle App to read my books on my iPhone as well. Although I much prefer to read them on my Kindle Fire...
    Next for me--Well either "the Carrie diaries" or "graveyard games".

I did dwld the free iphone4s book and have been breezing through it just to see if there's additional tips I haven't learned about yet. Once through with that I'll move onto one of the above I mentioned

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    12-20-2011 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD