Since the announcement of the 4S on Sprint as well now, we are picking up more trolls and noobs who think they know it ******** all ? Lol lord I hope this doesn't turn into the crackberry forum
    11-11-2011 08:25 AM
    This forum can be pretty helpful with information now and again and I'm not on it regularly enough to know if you get a rush of know it alls but I just read some post from some girl who thinks she can sleep with a Sprint employee to score a phone and that is..bizarre and icky. Is that the norm or is that what you're talking about?
    11-11-2011 08:49 AM
    Alli made a post here a few days ago that fits this topic and I think it was a very good solution of what to do when you run into this. Here's the link: http://forums.tipb.com/tipb-lounge/2...-spammers.html
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Alli likes this.
    11-11-2011 09:04 AM
    Is it just me or ....
    It's just you.
    11-11-2011 09:19 AM
    You may be right lol I just happened to be catching them constantly
    11-12-2011 01:18 AM
    I see there are a lot more people who have no sense and have zero clue on how to search and ask silly elementary school questions that are already answered.
    11-12-2011 08:07 PM
    I see there are a lot more people who have no sense and have zero clue on how to search and ask silly elementary school questions that are already answered.
    Amen.
    11-12-2011 08:28 PM
    I would agree with this. But in regards to trolls, here is one that I can think of off the top of my head. And that persons doesn't even have an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 09:21 PM
    I would agree with this. But in regards to trolls, here is one that I can think of off the top of my head. And that persons doesn't even have an iPhone.
    And who would that be?
    11-12-2011 11:09 PM
    This place is 10x better than Crackberry. It's so peaceful here, lol.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-2011 11:13 PM
    And who would that be?
    The persons name has to do with a Disney movie, and they are trying very hard to get a spring 4S.

_heatherly likes this.
    11-12-2011 11:15 PM
    Just call them out. What are you afraid of?
    11-12-2011 11:16 PM
    Aw man, you mean Dopey is a troll and not a dwarf?
    Eileen89 likes this.
    11-12-2011 11:19 PM
    Not afraid, just not my style.

11-12-2011 11:31 PM
    Aw man, you mean Dopey is a troll and not a dwarf?
    Haha

11-12-2011 11:32 PM
    The persons name has to do with a Disney movie, and they are trying very hard to get a spring 4S.

lol what does it rhyme with?
    11-13-2011 02:13 AM
    I find there is less negativity on these boards. Especially since there isn't really a 'General Discussion' forum where anyone can just post pointless threads to provoke negativity, I find that members here are usually civil, which is refreshing.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    11-13-2011 07:23 AM
    lol what does it rhyme with?
    It rymes with smariellesmershmerle. I don't like to take personal attacks on people, but the person has really seemed like a troll to me.

11-13-2011 07:41 AM
    Why call a person out? Just report the person or post that was made a move on. If a person is here just to troll they feed on people's responses to them, so there is no point in giving them that satisfaction.
    11-13-2011 07:44 AM
    I find there is less negativity on these boards. Especially since there isn't really a 'General Discussion' forum where anyone can just post pointless threads to provoke negativity, I find that members here are usually civil, which is refreshing.
    I agree with you on this. TiPib is the best Apple forum around thanks to the Admins, Mods, and the regular members here.
    11-13-2011 07:47 AM
    Growth is painful There's nothing wrong with being new. We were all new here at one time. I came to TiPb (then Phone different) from TreoCentral (now PreCentral) and if it hadn't been for people like Dieter and Mike Overbo, who patiently helped me with my n00b questions, even though they'd answered them a million times before, I probably wouldn't have stayed here long.

Trolling is another story. Just let us know when it happens and we'll stop it asap. Everyone has a right to enjoy the forums and we want everyone to have the best experience possible here.

(Also, ignoring rather than engaging trolls does wonders -- if you engage they get the negative attention they crave and they win.)
    11-13-2011 07:48 AM
    Uhhh, that's what the Lounge area is for.
    11-13-2011 09:51 AM
    there's still d-bags on here that act like know-it-alls and get upset with newer people when they ask a simple question and they leave smart *** replies about their question. That I don't like about these forums. I don't remember these kinds of people on crackberry. Probably because actual adults use BB instead of all the children that get iphones.
    11-21-2011 10:55 AM
    there's still d-bags on here that act like know-it-alls and get upset with newer people when they ask a simple question and they leave smart *** replies about their question. That I don't like about these forums. I don't remember these kinds of people on crackberry. Probably because actual adults use BB instead of all the children that get iphones.
    Obviously you haven't been on Crackberry recently, because it is equally filled with the same kind of members, just a different device....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    11-21-2011 11:05 AM
    See I have to disagree with that. I had to stop going to crackberry forums, because it was way worse then here. Actually a lot of people I talk to stopped going into their forums too for the same reason. Tipb seems like a much smaller group of people then Crackberry was.
    11-21-2011 11:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD