Giveaway: Apogee Jam for iPhone and iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
jam-gallery-6-560x246.jpg

Apple has just released GarageBand for iPhone and TiPb has just created an iPhone and iPad Music Makers Forum, and in honor of both events -- we're giving away an Apogee Jam! It's a pocket-sized, plug-and-play music interface that lets you connect your guitar right into your iPhone or iPad (or Mac).

Want one for your very own? All you have to do is leave a reply below telling us what kind of music, DJ'ing, or jamming you do with your iPhone or iPad. (And I want details! Rocking out with your guitar, getting the wedding crowds out on the dance floor, making crazy Ramen noodle loops, what?)

We'll pick one of you, and you'll get the Jam! Contest starts now and we'll announce the winner next Saturday, November 12!

Ready, set... Enter now!

Reactions: hwyram

Fox1207

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Making music

Ilove making music. This would be awesome for playing
my guitar and being able to utilize the iPad to help me improve.

roostorx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
why this would be sweet

I would use this app to lay down some guitar tracks and use the stompbox features in garageband. I would be very interested to see how this device works!

Twosevenoh

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Music therapy for pensioners

Every Tuesday night I play music to seniors in my local old folks home. I blend new age Jazz/ramba with a touch of dark electro-snap trance and the musical equivalent of scrumping. This 'jam' machine would allow me to record my sets so I can finally incorporate interpretive dance into my performance, which I've been working on and promising the seniors for months now. I can't let them down.

midnighte13

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ideas on the go

Sometimes I get ideas for a lick or phrase when I'm not at home with my recording setup. This would be great to throw down these riffs when I'm on the go. I usually have my Tele or Les Paul with me, so having something to come home and work on instead of trying to remember that idea from lunch time would be awesome.

Schwindlec

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I need it...

I have been using GarageBand since I got my first MBP in July and am in the process of ordering an iPad 2 (I also have an iPhone 4S). I have used GrageBand to lay down tracks in recording the songs I write and covers for other songs. I mainly write/perform anything Christian, but also am a big rock, pop, and hip-hop fan. I play a bunch of instruments, but mainly guitar. My favorite guitar right now is my Gibson ES-339 Custom. The SWEETEST sound wrestled out of a guitar ever. :) Being able to record from my guitar straight to my iPhone and iPad would make things SO much easier when I am tight for space and don't have my MBP with me... Also, being able to spontaneously lay down a guitar track with my iPhone would be awesome for times when I come up with an idea and want to record it (without having the recording sound horrible) The mic on the iPhone and iPad are not great for picking up guitar licks. Anyway, that's why I believe I should have the Apogee Jam. A heartfelt thanks to TiPb for the giveaway!!!

zeagus

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I would use this to work on ideas when I am not in front of my computer. I've been wanting one for a while now and haven't picked one up.

Kalanar

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea how to use it personally, but it would become part of my classroom collection. I have many high school students that would benefit greatly!

Gotjesus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Young Musician

Whats up. I'm not going to bore you with all the reasons why I am the most qualified person for this. Heres the gist, Im 15, been playing keys since I was 6, love composing on my Mac it's the best way to express myself, but having this tool to access my music when I'm at band practice and show other people "check out what I wrote." would make it so much easier to get feed back and advice. Thanks!

jhoove09#IM

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to have this. I have been writing music on my iPad and on my guitar for ages. I would love to bring the two together. I could record some amazing tracks. Need a new intro for the podcast? I can do that. Give me the chance to prove it.

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is perfect! I have the application for my iPhone and love how nice it works. I have been messing around but I would love to be able to actually use my guitar as an amp for my guitar. This would be so handy because in college I need something that is small and portable to take from place to place to just do a little jamming here and there. This is perfect!

scientist88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Christmas Gift

If i win, I will give this to my awesome best friend, who has and iPad and loves to rock out on his guitars. In fact, he's in two bands right now, guitar and bass, and I'm sure this would make his life easier!

Last edited:

Madunk

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
We would use this as a family. We like to rock out some nights and let the youngest one entertain us and make us laugh!

jugarte77

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I know how to play all the instruments in garage band, but playing the guitar within the app (iPhone and iPad) is so unnatural. If I win, I'll record a romantic mexican serenata for Georgia and Leanna.

migs109

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
This would be awesome to win! I play (at least try) the guitar. I tried out garage band and was astonished by the app! So much packed inside that app, this would only make a great addition to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2