Check this out:
    German cafe Apfelkind in logo dispute with Apple | Mail Online
    They are getting stupid with lawsuits.
    11-03-2011 11:20 AM
    Why do you feel that Apple went too far?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-03-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    11-03-2011 04:28 PM
    you mess with the bull, you get the horns
    11-03-2011 05:04 PM
    Ridiculous. Beyond being slightly round and representing a common fruit, there's nothing there. It isn't an attempt to ape the logo to fool people into coming into their establishment. This is just corporate bullying. If she were trying to open a computer shop or even a music shop, there might be something there for a court to plod through, but this is flat out nonsense.
    11-03-2011 05:15 PM
    What a waste of money and an atrocious act of bullying by a huge corporation. I'm glad she has seen an increase on business. Doesn't Apple have some bugs to fix or something worthwhile to do.
    11-03-2011 05:24 PM
    What a waste of money and an atrocious act of bullying by a huge corporation. I'm glad she has seen an increase on business. Doesn't Apple have some bugs to fix or something worthwhile to do.
    Perhaps Apple is being a bit over zealous... but I wasn't aware that Apple lawyers also wrote and debugged code. #goodinfotohave
    11-03-2011 06:05 PM
    Perhaps Apple is being a bit over zealous... but I wasn't aware that Apple lawyers also wrote and debugged code. #goodinfotohave
    Perhaps? Yeah just perhaps.
    11-03-2011 07:12 PM
    Why do you feel that Apple went too far?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Why did they go too far? This is a mom and pop operation that has a logo that can in no way be confused with Apple's logo. Apple needs to do more innovating, and less suing.
    11-03-2011 11:32 PM
    Apple holds a number of trademarks on the use if the Apple in a logo.

Hate the process if you want, but one of these is for an Apple Cafe, and yes they need to defend the mark in order to keep the right to it.

I suspect the result here will be a right to use without trade dress, as Apple cannot afford to let them trademark the Apple in their logo.

It's about the trade dress here, not the name of the company.
    11-03-2011 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD