Apple has gone too far!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why do you feel that Apple went too far?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ridiculous. Beyond being slightly round and representing a common fruit, there's nothing there. It isn't an attempt to ape the logo to fool people into coming into their establishment. This is just corporate bullying. If she were trying to open a computer shop or even a music shop, there might be something there for a court to plod through, but this is flat out nonsense.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What a waste of money and an atrocious act of bullying by a huge corporation. I'm glad she has seen an increase on business. Doesn't Apple have some bugs to fix or something worthwhile to do.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What a waste of money and an atrocious act of bullying by a huge corporation. I'm glad she has seen an increase on business. Doesn't Apple have some bugs to fix or something worthwhile to do.

Perhaps Apple is being a bit over zealous... but I wasn't aware that Apple lawyers also wrote and debugged code. #goodinfotohave

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Why do you feel that Apple went too far?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
Why did they go too far? This is a mom and pop operation that has a logo that can in no way be confused with Apple's logo. Apple needs to do more innovating, and less suing.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple holds a number of trademarks on the use if the Apple in a logo.

Hate the process if you want, but one of these is for an Apple Cafe, and yes they need to defend the mark in order to keep the right to it.

I suspect the result here will be a right to use without trade dress, as Apple cannot afford to let them trademark the Apple in their logo.

It's about the trade dress here, not the name of the company.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal