TiPb Book Club: Steve Jobs biography

Crew55

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey All: Don't skip chapters. It's a tale and history woven. It will fill so many gaps, and clarify other things you've read. What a great read. Worthy of Steve Jobs.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Finished the book. A little long in the middle. I wish they had covered more of his family life (as a husband/father), but it is what it is. B-

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
is to late to join should i wait for the next book? or should i go ahead

It's never too late! I'm new to the book club as well, I am about 3/4's of the way through, I'm finding it hard to find the time to read it, however when I do get the time I find it hard to put down. It's got a lot of great one liners for apple lovers. Like when Steve Jobs was talking about windows making an iTunes app, and he said "iTunes is the best application windows has ever made for their PC" HAHAHA BURN!!

Totally a great book to read, even if you're not an apple fan, by the time you put it down you will be!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
This was not mentioned in the book, but reading Mona Simpson's eulogy for Steve Jobs was very moving, especially when she talks about Steve Jobs dancing with his son Reed after his high school
graduation .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks the fanboy shined through in that comment and i loved lol also there was that macbook air fake that ran windows and the site that reviewed said it was the best looking machine to ever run windows!! Lol

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just finished reading the book and I have to say it was so insightful into the man that I have always found fascinating to read about. It was interesting to read confirmations of so many things about him that we're written by others, and I appreciated him answering a lot of these facts directly. Just a head up for those reading on the iPad......after the end, and all the acknowledgements, indexes, and footnotes, there is a small photo album that is pretty cool to go through.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks the fanboy shined through in that comment and i loved lol also there was that macbook air fake that ran windows and the site that reviewed said it was the best looking machine to ever run windows!! Lol
Hahaha yeah that was a good suttle insult for Windows users everywhere.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad others have bought the iBooks version. I was gonna get it from the Kindle Store since that's where I normally shop for DRMed ebooks but it just doesn't feel right to get a book about Steve from Bezos' store. I'm gonna get it from iBooks even though I'll only be able to read it on an  iDevice and no where else.

DravenX

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have this book and I have the audiobook. So far it's interesting. I have never cared for Jobs and this book hasn't changed that.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I finished reading the book last week, and all I have to say is - WOW. Most people knew (or at least surmised) he was a control freak, so that was no surprise. However, the history behind his creation of the various Apple products - and the relationships he made/broke along the way - really captivated me. In addition, hearing more about his battle with cancer left an emotional imprint upon me. All things said, an excellent read, and definitely worthy of "book of the year" honors.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I finished reading the book last week, and all I have to say is - WOW. Most people knew (or at least surmised) he was a control freak, so that was no surprise. However, the history behind his creation of the various Apple products - and the relationships he made/broke along the way - really captivated me. In addition, hearing more about his battle with cancer left an emotional imprint upon me. All things said, an excellent read, and definitely worthy of "book of the year" honors.

Well stated summary. The book had many angles which was very fascinating. The childhood of Jobs. The History of Apple when Jobs was there. His relationships with people that he burned. His battle with cancer.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR