Congrats to DARK_BLU

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All these people? A whole two? Lol

I guess my post was more a reflection on everyone who only contributed to win the prize...whether they spoke out or not. We had just unreal traffic in this forum, and then it just died this morning. And while yes, those speaking out were limited, LOTS of people were BSing just for a prize and not to participate in the community for any other reason...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess my post was more a reflection on everyone who only contributed to win the prize...whether they spoke out or not. We had just unreal traffic in this forum, and then it just died this morning. And while yes, those speaking out were limited, LOTS of people were BSing just for a prize and not to participate in the community for any other reason...

Not trying to be harsh here, but do you expect anything more than that? When a contest is held people do what they have to in order to win. Usually nothing more.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be harsh here, but do you expect anything more than that? When a contest is held people do what they have to in order to win. Usually nothing more.

I understand your retort, and yes, it's an obvious guarantee that you'll have an overwhelming influx of traffic that simply want to win and have no desire to be a part of the community legitimately...i guess my rant was a 2 part issue really, and perhaps saying "all these people" was a little generic, but you still got the point. Im still shocked at the pettiness from the couple that thought they "deserved" it, and i guess you could say a little annoyed that you had a billion people posting a billion posts, acting like they wanted to help and discuss and blah blah blah...and then bam, contest done, no win...never hear from them again (until another iPhone is given away).

Not shocked at that aspect, just ranting...its raining and I'm stuck in the office while my cruiser gets worked on and i have NOTHING to do, hahaha...

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Some of you are really unbelievable. You talk about how I acted, and stated that another person was plain rude, yet you turn right around and hurl insults. I was one of the very first people to congratulate the winner this morning, in case anyone bothered to read the contest thread. And no, it was not an edited post.

I honestly came on here to learn more about the iPhone and yes, to try to win one for my son. Is that so bad? Have any of you ever wanted to do something nice for someone you love and have to experience the disappointment of not being able to do so? I am not ashamed to say I came on here and spent valuable time posting here in an effort to win for him. Next thing I know, I sign off to get ready to go to work and when I log back on I find all kinds of insults directed at me. Why don't some of you lead by example? The insulting posts directed at me are just as bad if not worse than my expressing my disappointment in not winning. Mine was a sincere effort.

Again, I would like to thank all of those who answered my questions and were so nice to me.

You all have a nice, blessed day.

Reactions: zackawee27

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you insulted by people pointing how how ridiculous it was for ANYONE to feel like they were "Owed" that free iPhone because of the time they spent posting or the number of posts they put in? If so, get over it...it was ridiculous, to say ANYTHING outside of congrats to the winners of a random winner contest is like complaining if you don't win the lottery...

The comments that stood out to me were the ones that specifically pointed out how much they put INTO the website during the contest, and how it either wasn't fair or was confusing in some way...if you don't feel like you did that, then great! It didn't apply to you...its pretty clear who made the comments and i'll leave it at that.

Nobody was owed anything...regardless of how much or how little you "contributed" (which is a whole other can of worms in itself).

Reactions: ame

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Some of you are really unbelievable. You talk about how I acted, and stated that another person was plain rude, yet you turn right around and hurl insults. I was one of the very first people to congratulate the winner this morning, in case anyone bothered to read the contest thread. And no, it was not an edited post.

First off you never said congratulations. That thread is now unpinned and you can't edit your posts so so feel free to look but your first post was complaining you didn't even win a case, then you quoted zackawee's absurd post and said you were really surprised and that you thought one of you would have won. You then went on to say that the winners must have been generated randomly and said sorry for to zackawee that he didn't win but never did you once say congratulations. After posting in there you came in here and acted like a child some more and also replied to me when I called both of you for being rude and you said "it is natural to be disappointed".

Like I said it is natural and fine to be disappointed but for anyone to say anything other than congratulations is ridiculous... especially people that are well into adulthood. If you can't just be gracious and say congrats you shouldn't say anything at all. I also don't really see anyone bashing you, somebody else said that all of your posts were about how you couldn't afford the phone and you wanted to get one for your son which is 100% true! I know you said you contributed BUT with every "contribution" you mentioned that as well. It was completely obvious that you wanted someone to feel bad for your situation and help you out. This is not bashing you, it is stating the obvious.

If you or whoever chose to stay on the internet during every free moment of your life that was your choice, and I'm not saying you but I'm sure some people that would do this probably already spend all their time on the internet anyway so it shouldn't have been a big deal lol. Finally you had only like 30 more posts than the winner so I don't know what your issue was to begin with as there are people in here that have been members for years and that have made thousands of meaningful posts and people would have said the same thing to them if they were bashing you if you had won.

I'm sorry if you felt bashed especially from me because it's not how I meant to come across. I just think you and zackawee being so vocal about your disappointment was unecessary and rude. I would have been happy to say the same thing to somebody who had 5,000 posts if they said something about you winning.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73