Petition for 21.5" Cinema Display

texaseducators

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get Apple's attention regarding producing a smaller 21.5" version of the Cinema Display so that consumers have a more reasonably-sized display (for a classroom or office environment) and a cheaper alternative to the 27" version.

It's been brought to my attention that if you can get a mass following around a particular topic or issue, Apple generally responds, so here goes nothing.

If you'd be interested in a smaller Cinema Display, please show your support by signing the petition at the below-included URL. We love our Apple notebooks and really Apple would be more accommodating because it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook :). Thanks in advance for your support.

petitionspot.com/petitions/cinemadisplay

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why do you NEED the Apple display for your purpose? What's wrong with the thousands of other options out there that easily fit your size and price needs? Apple is a luxury product, especially when it comes to displays (and eventually TV's from what the rumor pool is discussing)...when they release a 60" LED TV, are you going to petition that they make a 32" and lower the cost so classrooms and offices can have Apple TV's? lol...that's like telling BMW they need to make a lower end M3 so that driving schools and car pools can more easily obtain them and use them in a more utilitarian manner.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, there are lot's of other options ... I enjoy my LG IPS236 ... Looks great and works very well with my Mac Mini ... And for only $239 when I bought it , has DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs .. All on a fantastic looking IPS display (Apple Uses LG for their screens as well.)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd also like to point out something about a comment you made...

it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook

...I'm not sure why, but a lot of people share this sentiment when it comes to things not branded by Apple...i highly HIGHLY doubt these screen makers sit down and say "This is a PC monitor, but Apple can use it too...", in fact, I'm guessing a lot of them are actually pushing to appeal to the Apple crowd a lot more these days because of how popular Macs have become.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen