Tired of the crap. Yeah, I admit to being snarky at times... and sarcasm has its place on these forums from time to time... but the constant whinging and arguing about when the iPhone 5 is coming, will it have flash, will it have an LED, etc is just too much sometimes.

I'm grateful for the friends that I have made here... I've picked up some knowledge, and hopefully left a little bit, too.

But it's time to go... so hasta la vista, baby...
    09-17-2011 01:12 PM
    lol...you've probably noticed no posts by me lately as well Hank, and I've pretty much followed your sentiments (again), this site is so full of trolls and idiots its not even funny, and when you snap on one of them, you get ridiculed by the peanut gallery or some snide comment by an admin or mod. Not to mention the flood of spam on here...i hate it because i think there are some pretty cool people here, and some people who share some good knowledge on iPhones, but 95% of the content is BS these days.
    09-17-2011 01:41 PM
    Come back soon Hank
    BrindawithanI and Eileen89 like this.
    09-17-2011 01:47 PM
    This is sad news, I've always looked for names I trust when reading posts and your is one. I rarely post but do read daily and have followed your posts since Crackberry days. To bad it wasn't the a$$holes that were leaving.
    BrindawithanI and Eileen89 like this.
    09-17-2011 01:56 PM
    See ya....
    09-17-2011 02:13 PM
    Noooooo!!!
    09-17-2011 03:13 PM
    Shut the door on your way out... Please.
    09-17-2011 03:58 PM
    Hank, I really hope you are just taking a break for a while and will return once the new iPhone comes out and the dust has settled. You will definitely be missed.
    09-17-2011 04:02 PM
    peace..........
    09-17-2011 04:55 PM
    I appreciated/looked forward to your insightful posts/comments. I understand completely why you are leaving the forum. I've seen the same nonsense on our sister sites over the years and and it does get annoying when your trying to find/give useful info. It's too bad when this happens. Take care and I hope the best for you.
    09-17-2011 05:18 PM
    Sorry to see you go Hank. Another level minded poster bites the dust, another tragic casualty of trolls and ignorant people / stupid kids. Sorry to see you go Hank. Don't leave for too long. You will be missed.

By the way Hank, if you find a home where the idiots don't frequent and good collaboration can take place, let me know. I myself am growing tired of the pointless threads and consistent trolling here. For those of you above that have posted on this thread to do anything other than wish Hank well, you obviously have no clue who you are loosing on this forum.
    Last edited by Rusty Shackelford; 09-17-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-17-2011 05:34 PM
    I haven't been on this site long, but I've noticed that your posts had a lot more substance than many. It's unfortunate that you're heading out.
    09-17-2011 05:41 PM
    Hank, I'm hoping you just need a little vacation and will be back after a while. Too many people dive in without getting to know the lay of the land first...and then they take things the wrong way. I'd love to ban about a dozen people just for being jerks...but ya can't do that. <shrug>
    09-17-2011 08:34 PM
    I'd love to ban about a dozen people just for being jerks...but ya can't do that. <shrug>
    Why not? Just add "Don't be a jerk" to your list of rules here on TiPb....

Problem solved.
    09-17-2011 08:51 PM
    I'd love to ban about a dozen people just for being jerks...but ya can't do that. <shrug>
    As I've learned from my mod days, it's a thin line. Police too much and you possibly kill traffic. You lay off too much, it gets out of control. I've always found that being quicker to assign points calms down the crazies. Once people get close to the limit of points where they get a vacation, they tend to learn.

But on my old site, when we'd ban people, we wouldn't lift it. You were gone permanently.

As for Hank, too bad man, just take a vacation and come back once the 5 is out.
    09-17-2011 09:01 PM
    I haven't been here long either but I appreciated your input Hank. Sorry to see you go, hopefully you will come back. If and when I need to use 'ignore' can it be done from tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-2011 09:05 PM
    If and when I need to use 'ignore' can it be done from tapatalk?
    No, unfortunately you can't. However, if you need to do this just log onto the site from mobile safari.
    09-17-2011 09:14 PM
    But on my old site, when we'd ban people, we wouldn't lift it. You were gone permanently.
    This seems a bit too harsh to me. I think a temp ban is all that is needed. Then if the offense is repeated a permanent ban may be necessary.
    09-17-2011 09:17 PM
    No, unfortunately you can't. However, if you need to do this just log onto the site from mobile safari.
    ^yep! And you can go straight to the thread from Tapatalk using the arrow in the top right corner.
    09-17-2011 09:23 PM
    This seems a bit too harsh to me. I think a temp ban is all that is needed. Then if the offense is repeated a permanent ban may be necessary.
    That was certainly a side a few others had sat on. However it did eventually come down to the best way to handle the crazies. If you've been warned many times to calm your butt down and still accumulate enough points to get banned (which did expire after a set amount of time - meaning you had to really mess up), what makes us think you'll pay attention to a ban?

It worked well and the permanent ban didn't come down too often.
    09-17-2011 09:38 PM
    Tired of the crap. Yeah, I admit to being snarky at times... and sarcasm has its place on these forums from time to time... but the constant whinging and arguing about when the iPhone 5 is coming, will it have flash, will it have an LED, etc is just too much sometimes.

I'm grateful for the friends that I have made here... I've picked up some knowledge, and hopefully left a little bit, too.

But it's time to go... so hasta la vista, baby...
    I don't blame you one bit. These threads about the release dates of the iPhone5, and IOS5 are aggravating, lame, and just plain dumb. Little kids waiting for a new toy. I hope you take some time off, then come back later. I'll miss your "snarkiness", but also your help.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-17-2011 09:43 PM
    Wow, I appreciate all of the support. Thank you, everyone (ok, almost everyone).

Not sure how I'll proceed at this point, but I am definitely taking some time off. In my 50+ years, I've manage to get along with most folks... I am sure that I have pissed off a few folks in my time, too. That's not the point here. I have tough skin, and it's not a matter of being easily offended by anyone here. I just have grown tired of the crap - the trolls, the flamers and those that are just looking to start something.

So for now, I'll just say "so long" and see where this leads. I truly do appreciate the sentiment... most of you who took the time to respond are "stand up guys" (and ladies)... and for those of you who aren't, I doubt that you will miss me or care much what I say or do. And you know who you are.

And finally, to those that I may have offended or "jumped on" too harshly, I truly do apologize.

Carry on...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 09-17-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    BLiNK, Eileen89 and hoosieriphone like this.
    09-17-2011 09:50 PM
    i can tell anyone personally Hank is a stand up guy and we have helped eachother a lot. it's people like him that make a community exactly that. i have learned a lot from people here and will always be thankful for that. i myself, as of late, have been experiencing forum burnout but i know it would be difficult to just stop coming here. it's the veterans here that keep the place interesting, IMHO

Hank, maybe you too are experiencing some forum burnout yourself? i've seen you fight/argue/discuss with the best of them and maybe that too is getting old hat

thanks for everything buddy and don't be a stranger
    09-17-2011 10:24 PM
    D@mn! I was really hoping you'd change your mind, however, I TOTALLY agree with you. Check back and stay in touch! We'll miss you!
    09-17-2011 11:58 PM
    You're leaving? Well that's crappy timing.

I only just TODAY realized that the AZ in your screen name stands for Arizona.

Maybe part of the problem is that except for jailbreak related issues, not many people need help lately, so there are more speculation & filler threads than normal.

Take a break if you need to, come back in a few weeks when the new iPhone drops, and make a final decision then.
    Just a suggestion.

Peace.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 09-18-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    09-18-2011 12:05 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD