I'm out of here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Tired of the crap. Yeah, I admit to being snarky at times... and sarcasm has its place on these forums from time to time... but the constant whinging and arguing about when the iPhone 5 is coming, will it have flash, will it have an LED, etc is just too much sometimes.

I'm grateful for the friends that I have made here... I've picked up some knowledge, and hopefully left a little bit, too.

But it's time to go... so hasta la vista, baby...

I don't blame you one bit. These threads about the release dates of the iPhone5, and IOS5 are aggravating, lame, and just plain dumb. Little kids waiting for a new toy. I hope you take some time off, then come back later. I'll miss your "snarkiness", but also your help.:(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I appreciate all of the support. Thank you, everyone (ok, almost everyone).

Not sure how I'll proceed at this point, but I am definitely taking some time off. In my 50+ years, I've manage to get along with most folks... I am sure that I have pissed off a few folks in my time, too. That's not the point here. I have tough skin, and it's not a matter of being easily offended by anyone here. I just have grown tired of the crap - the trolls, the flamers and those that are just looking to start something.

So for now, I'll just say "so long" and see where this leads. I truly do appreciate the sentiment... most of you who took the time to respond are "stand up guys" (and ladies)... and for those of you who aren't, I doubt that you will miss me or care much what I say or do. And you know who you are.

And finally, to those that I may have offended or "jumped on" too harshly, I truly do apologize.

Carry on...

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i can tell anyone personally Hank is a stand up guy and we have helped eachother a lot. it's people like him that make a community exactly that. i have learned a lot from people here and will always be thankful for that. i myself, as of late, have been experiencing forum burnout but i know it would be difficult to just stop coming here. it's the veterans here that keep the place interesting, IMHO

Hank, maybe you too are experiencing some forum burnout yourself? i've seen you fight/argue/discuss with the best of them and maybe that too is getting old hat

thanks for everything buddy and don't be a stranger

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You're leaving? Well that's crappy timing.

I only just TODAY realized that the AZ in your screen name stands for Arizona.

Maybe part of the problem is that except for jailbreak related issues, not many people need help lately, so there are more speculation & filler threads than normal.

Take a break if you need to, come back in a few weeks when the new iPhone drops, and make a final decision then.
Just a suggestion.

Peace.

Last edited:

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I appreciate all of the support. Thank you, everyone (ok, almost everyone).

Not sure how I'll proceed at this point, but I am definitely taking some time off. In my 50+ years, I've manage to get along with most folks... I am sure that I have pissed off a few folks in my time, too. That's not the point here. I have tough skin, and it's not a matter of being easily offended by anyone here. I just have grown tired of the crap - the trolls, the flamers and those that are just looking to start something.

So for now, I'll just say "so long" and see where this leads. I truly do appreciate the sentiment... most of you who took the time to respond are "stand up guys" (and ladies)... and for those of you who aren't, I doubt that you will miss me or care much what I say or do. And you know who you are.

And finally, to those that I may have offended or "jumped on" too harshly, I truly do apologize.

Carry on...

I thought you were going? Or were you just looking for attention?

Can't you take Rose with you?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought you were going? Or were you just looking for attention?

Can't you take Rose with you?

One of the people Hank is leaving because of. And with a join date of 8/1, you haven't been here long enough to leave a comment like that IMO. My post count may be low, but it's because I read more then I write.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ffs, if anyone needed an example of what's going on around here lately--there you have it!

eh, from what i have gathered this Cheggy character has a respectable job, kids and grandchildren. sad. i had him pinned as some nerdy keyboard warrior living in his parents basement sucking down code red mountain dew trollin'

goes to show you just never know who you are dealing with anymore..

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Well Hank I look forward to the release of ios5 and your insight on it. Hope you come back to share your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What Alli said! That loser Ch***y (refuse to even type it's name) was #1 on my ignore list yesterday. Doesn't exist... except when quoted. If we all do it, he'll think he's in Siberia. ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The fact is this is a forum and with more users coming aboard you are bound to get a few that are not so popular to put it nicely. I've not only been here since day one but in the AC forums since day one as well among a regular member of a few others prior and they all have their moments. Take me for example, I share some information I've learned and people turn on me. Which is totally fine as they don't know me and have zero reason to believe me as they don't even know my sources. It is what it is but you just have to ignore it. I know really soon I will get the last laugh. All I'm saying is don't let the few idiots run you outta town. Chances are they will be gone well before you as they are bound to step over the line...

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have only been here a short time and must say I like this site more than most I am a member of. The people here are helpful and yes a few are going to be in a ignore list. But the ones that help are not the ones that need run off. The ones that leave comments like Cheggy or what ever the name was is the ones we need to ignore and bump from the site. I for one plan on staying here and helping when I can. I am not here to make trouble or pizz people off. Thats not what THIS site is for. A little respect goes a long way in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2