You never know where things take you. Good luck and I'm sure we will see you somewhere.
    09-18-2011 12:46 AM
    Wow, I appreciate all of the support. Thank you, everyone (ok, almost everyone).

Not sure how I'll proceed at this point, but I am definitely taking some time off. In my 50+ years, I've manage to get along with most folks... I am sure that I have pissed off a few folks in my time, too. That's not the point here. I have tough skin, and it's not a matter of being easily offended by anyone here. I just have grown tired of the crap - the trolls, the flamers and those that are just looking to start something.

So for now, I'll just say "so long" and see where this leads. I truly do appreciate the sentiment... most of you who took the time to respond are "stand up guys" (and ladies)... and for those of you who aren't, I doubt that you will miss me or care much what I say or do. And you know who you are.

And finally, to those that I may have offended or "jumped on" too harshly, I truly do apologize.

Carry on...
    I thought you were going? Or were you just looking for attention?

Can't you take Rose with you?
    09-18-2011 05:59 AM

One of the people Hank is leaving because of. And with a join date of 8/1, you haven't been here long enough to leave a comment like that IMO. My post count may be low, but it's because I read more then I write.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    09-18-2011 06:46 AM

That was completely unnecessary & quite the low class thing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-18-2011 08:22 AM
    This "cheggy" fellow appears to be a troll. Just ignore him.
    09-18-2011 08:31 AM

Classy.....or should I say Classless!
    09-18-2011 08:42 AM
    Ignore the trolls. We are better than they are. Rinse, repeat.
    He's been warned.
    Cheggy likes this.
    09-18-2011 08:46 AM
    ffs, if anyone needed an example of what's going on around here lately--there you have it!

eh, from what i have gathered this Cheggy character has a respectable job, kids and grandchildren. sad. i had him pinned as some nerdy keyboard warrior living in his parents basement sucking down code red mountain dew trollin'

goes to show you just never know who you are dealing with anymore..
    09-18-2011 08:58 AM
    Well Hank I look forward to the release of ios5 and your insight on it. Hope you come back to share your thoughts.

09-18-2011 09:43 AM
    What Alli said! That loser Ch***y (refuse to even type it's name) was #1 on my ignore list yesterday. Doesn't exist... except when quoted. If we all do it, he'll think he's in Siberia.
    09-18-2011 09:57 AM
    The fact is this is a forum and with more users coming aboard you are bound to get a few that are not so popular to put it nicely. I've not only been here since day one but in the AC forums since day one as well among a regular member of a few others prior and they all have their moments. Take me for example, I share some information I've learned and people turn on me. Which is totally fine as they don't know me and have zero reason to believe me as they don't even know my sources. It is what it is but you just have to ignore it. I know really soon I will get the last laugh. All I'm saying is don't let the few idiots run you outta town. Chances are they will be gone well before you as they are bound to step over the line...
    09-18-2011 11:40 AM
    I have only been here a short time and must say I like this site more than most I am a member of. The people here are helpful and yes a few are going to be in a ignore list. But the ones that help are not the ones that need run off. The ones that leave comments like Cheggy or what ever the name was is the ones we need to ignore and bump from the site. I for one plan on staying here and helping when I can. I am not here to make trouble or pizz people off. Thats not what THIS site is for. A little respect goes a long way in here.
    09-18-2011 11:56 AM
    I love how the admin have deleted my reply....
    09-18-2011 12:51 PM
    It deserved to be deleted.

Please keep it up until you're banned.
    09-18-2011 12:56 PM
    or you can always PM your reply to us. that works
    Jeremy likes this.
    09-18-2011 01:15 PM
    Of course, it was rude and not needed. Check your PM's.
    09-18-2011 01:23 PM
    Check yours
    09-18-2011 01:36 PM

Yet another example of an ungrateful trolling child. Thank you for confirming Hank and many others sentiments about needing a break from this once friendly and productive ecosystem. It is posts like yours that make the people that are actually hear to contribute want to leave.

Again Hank, sorry to see you go. If things change around here, and the trolling, thankless 3rd graders on the sight leave, please come back.
    hoosieriphone likes this.
    09-18-2011 02:41 PM
    Yeah yeah, I'm sorry but if you carry on with the insults I'm going to take my wisdom elsewhere! Lol
    09-18-2011 04:01 PM
    But now Hank will never know that he won the contest!!!
    http://www.tipb.com/2011/09/18/conte...-boom-speaker/
    09-18-2011 04:04 PM
    Cheggy what is your beef with certain people? You've only been here since august. You dont really enjoy alienating people do you? How is that productive for a forum meant for discussions and helping others?

09-18-2011 04:42 PM
    Certain people started giving me grief and others jumped on the band wagon when I retaliated... I'm only human lol
    09-18-2011 04:49 PM
    Certain people started giving me grief and others jumped on the band wagon when I retaliated... I'm only human lol
    Actually that is anything but the truth. I never said a word to you yet the posts to me in other threads showed nothing but ignorance on your part. This thread is not about "cheggy" so let's drop this all together. Problem with that, PM me.

Time to move on... nothing to see here...
    09-18-2011 05:03 PM
    24 posts and you smack talk? Wow.
    09-18-2011 05:31 PM
    I'd love to see an age limit here. I would really hate to see this place go to hell like the MacNN forums did. Those guys over there are so rude and childish it ain't even funny anymore.

Oh, and forgive me. I'm a retired Sailor. I curse and I drink coffee.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-18-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: cleaned up offensive words
    09-18-2011 05:35 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD