I am considering self publishing my non fiction book online (in order to save cost) but I need to choose between ipad or kindle. I do not know which one of them is the better option in terms of marketability, distribution, royalties, cost etc. Then again, is it possible to publish on both of them simultaneously?
    06-23-2011 04:21 AM
    Wider audience? Go with Kindle, then the books are available on all handheld devices that can use the Kindle app (covers both iOS and Android) as well as the Kindle itself. Apple's ebook store is limiting.
    06-23-2011 07:52 AM
    Wider audience? Go with Kindle, then the books are available on all handheld devices that can use the Kindle app (covers both iOS and Android) as well as the Kindle itself. Apple's ebook store is limiting.
    Agreed. I just had a friend do what you are thinking about and he went the Kindle route. Remember Kindle App is for iOS, Android, etc. Larger audience.
    06-23-2011 12:18 PM
    Make sure your books content market falls in line with the kind of people that would be buying books electronically though, my friend recently e-published a book on classic car maintenance and literally made NO money, then published it as a physical book and started making an income on it...you really have to make sure the people who have e-readers of any sort are the kind of people who would want your book, or you're wasting your time with e-publishing.
    06-23-2011 01:04 PM
    I would say Kindle. I don't even use ibooks, mainly because its too large for an ereader (in my opinion, I used it on my ipad; I felt my iphone was a bit too small).

Another thing I really like with my Kindle is that its very easy for a user to find the free books, or less expensive books by new authors. I actually have had a lot of exposure to authors I would have otherwise missed out on.
    07-02-2011 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD