katrina2475

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
We are thinking of switching our cable, Internet and cell phones to ATT to bundle them together. Uverse just became available in our area and I have been reading reviews all day. I hear awful reviews and wonderful reviews so I figured I would ask here. I figure many of you may have ATT products and could help me. Is the install that bad? I have a brick ranch that was built in 1955 and the last time i tried to get dsl from ATT here, there were problems with my internal wiring. My thought is if they run new stuff anyways that maybe it won't be an issue anymore??? Any input?

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I switched to U-verse a couple weeks ago and love it. Live in a 35+ year old neighborhood where the wiring was called crap by the AT&T DSL people. Could only get 3Mbps DSL even though they said I could get 6Mbps. The DSL people gave up on 6 and downgraded me to 3 twice. So I was skeptical when I ordered Uverse. Well AT&T spent about 1/2 a day or so inside and outside my house setting up the service. Another day and a 1/2 was spent by the field guys hitting every single junction in my neighborhood cleaning up splices and whatever else was wrong. Day 2 of the install I had 70+ disconnects with my Internet service on Uverse (due to the neighborhood wiring waiting for them to fix it). They didn't give up and at the end of Day 2 they had it working fine. Only 1 disconnect since and that was during a severe storm. 12Mbps service rocks compared to that DSL service. TV service blows away DirecTv too IMHO.

katrina2475

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This definitely gives me hope then. This move will be saving us more than $50 a month and I get to ditch my Android and get an iPhone. Whatever will I do without changing my battery 3 times a day?

dbjaime3

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
1/2 day install. 3 ATT Trucks, 3 installers. They used the cabling that was already in the house from DishNetwork. Did have to run new line from box to house. Have the 6mbps speed because that is all they can get to my house, I am to far. Have 5 standard TV, 2 Desktop, 4 laptops, and 2 iphone running on network.

Worked good for 3 months then started having trouble with the wirless network and paused TVs. After 4 service calls, and trying different things, the last tech took out the ATT wireless gateway and we put back in my Cisco wireless G router and a Netgear 8 port Desktop switch. Have not had anymore issues since. I still have to pay $4 a month for the ATT wireless gatway that sits on the floor not being used.

ATT uverse is costing more than my Dish did, but having all TV's on the same DVR is great.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I will chime in here. I had ATT Uverse with the internet and must say that hands down I like U-Verse alot. Though we decided to cancel as the prices were getting to steep at the moment so I went with Dish, for now.

We plan on going back to U-Verse in due time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR