Did owning an iPhone make you want a Mac?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Curious, I read somewhere recently that Mac sales were on a high uptick, with an assumed influx of new iPhone owners adopting to Apple's style.....

So, did anyone here go from PC to Mac because of their iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad???

BTW I bought my first MacBook and My 1st iPhone on the same day......launch day of 3G

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
If Windows 7 was a flop I'd probably consider it but so far I have no complaints and don't really see the need to spend the money to get into an Apple computer when all I really do on my home PC is play around on the internet.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i did. i had an iPhone for about 7 months ago and bought me an iMac about a month ago. in all fairness i have wanted a mac for a while now, but the iPhone is what made me go out and buy it

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
About a year after my 3G I purchased a Mac because it was time to upgrade my PC (after only 13 months). I will never go back (although I have to use one at work).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i have wanted a mac for a while thinking i might finally pull the trigger with best buy offering 24 months financing.

hmmmmm never even thought of that I'll have to see if that's offered here in Canada so I can sell my current MBPro and get the new unibody :D

I owned my Mac before I got my iPhone but with some of the complaints I've seen and some of the iPhone users I've helped I can see how it might make someone want to get a Mac.

lorin.bute

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Not really.
As a hardcore gamer and .NET developer i don't see myself buying a mac. Not to mention the exaggerated price. I could buy one heck of a gaming PC with the money i spend on a mac.

So the iPhone doesn't influence my decision in any way.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Nope. On my 3rd generation of iPhone, and no desire at all to invest in a Mac. I have a very nice laptop that does everything I want/need and it never gives me any problems. And I know that in a year if I get the itch, I can replace it for something faster or with whatever new features become available (touch screen?) and still have spent less than I could spend on a Mac (and that wouldn't include buying all my MS apps for Apple...which seems self-defeating IMNSVHO).

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Always iwned a Mac. Never had a PC. It was the fact
That I couldn't easily sync b
my blackberry that made me go outand spend the money on the first gen iPhone.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I did buy my first Mac after purchasing my first iPhone (3Gs) and I'm sure that had a little to do with it. I was thinking about buying a Mac before I got the iPhone though.

The student discount and free iPod touch didn't hurt either.

Mhudson42484

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
YES! in the past year I've bought an iPod touch, and iPad and an iPhone and I'm finding myself wanting a Mac. Now to be fair I've wanted one for a while but could never justify the price for a piece of equipment that I would have to learn to use.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Nope, the iphone doesn't make me want a Mac. Not when a PC is much better. If anything, it discouraged me. While the heavy control i can deal with for now with a phone..not so on a desktop.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Eventually, yes. Actually, the iPad may have pushed me over the edge. Since owning an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, and an iPad, I've spent a fair amount of time in the Apple store playing with the Macs, and I recently bought a Mac Mini after my 7 year old Dell pooped out. I guess that I just wanted something worse than a PC. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh