Jailbreaking Apple Store iPhones

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Wow .. didnt even think about that .. Wonder how Apple is going to deal with all this ?? I think this jailbreak is going to push Apple into having to respond ( for security purposes )..

Fresh1

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think this is very wrong. JB by nature isn't a big deal to me and I don't care if people do it to enhance their experience. However I don't like that they feel they should do it at the Apple stores. It creates unnecessary work for the staff and give people a false sense of what they can do on their phones if they aren't the wiser. Not only that, but Apple also can also start locking down the device to where you can't go anywhere on the net except to a restricted list. This also takes away from the shopper.

The simple fix is of course to block the sites that host this JB. I also think the ones who JB those Apple store phones need to grow up. You gain nothing by doing this but creating unnecessary work for the staff. JB at your leisure on your own time. It's like going to the car dealership and taking a car for a test drive and tweaking the car before it's returned to the dealership. At least here in Texas, some dealers let you take the car by yourself for a test.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I think this is very wrong. JB by nature isn't a big deal to me and I don't care if people do it to enhance their experience. However I don't like that they feel they should do it at the Apple stores. It creates unnecessary work for the staff and give people a false sense of what they can do on their phones if they aren't the wiser. Not only that, but Apple also can also start locking down the device to where you can't go anywhere on the net except to a restricted list. This also takes away from the shopper.

The simple fix is of course to block the sites that host this JB. I also think the ones who JB those Apple store phones need to grow up. You gain nothing by doing this but creating unnecessary work for the staff. JB at your leisure on your own time. It's like going to the car dealership and taking a car for a test drive and tweaking the car before it's returned to the dealership. At least here in Texas, some dealers let you take the car by yourself for a test.

Yup....not to mention that jailbreaking a phone YOU DON'T OWN is probably illegal, and you could theoretically be arrested if you're caught.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Funny, but so so wrong. Stunts like that just give Apple more ammunition to maybe have congress reverse their decision.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
::facepalm::

You cant jailbreak an iphone you dont own genius... Wow...

Like walking into a apple store and testing if one of their display models will blend...

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I never thought about the fact that you could just go into a att or apple store and jailbreak with the new JB.........lol

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
^^I didn't even think about that. I think the ruling only applies to your property, not someone else's.

I was thinking about this some more, and jailbreaking an iPhone in an Apple store is technically computer tampering, and that is a violation of both state and Federal law and could land you in prison for up to five years. If Apple really wanted to make an example of someone, they could. Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Of course, Apple has blocked the jailbreak sites, so the issue is moot for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2